Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I was thinking the same thing myself, but it's not really worth thinking about. It's a nothing point.

Agreed. They WWE did 'enough' by contacting authorities and getting them to check, it could've been weeks before they found them. The messages in retrospect sound just confusing, if you'd never seen this coming (and no reason to suspect the people getting them did) then you're more likey to tell someone about it and wonder about it and try to call back (as was done) rather than dropping everything and rushing over there.Right now the WWE have to look after the people they have, and I'm thinking Vicky and Chavo probably need the most attention right now. I hope they are 'okay'.

I agree n one could have done more - its one of those what ifs... If my friends dropped everything each time i send a random spammy text - i'd be very unpopular. And if i did it every time it happened to me i'd spend a lot of time running about.If i get a text saying "My address is..." i'd think i had gotten a message in error, that someone hit the wrong name in the address book, and nothing more.Fair enough several text messages like that is a bit weird - and failing to respond to communications afterwards is disconcerting which probably prompted the company to take action. This all smells a little bit like trying to apportion reponsibility.

I have a question.Presuming these co-workers from the text messages to be close friends of Chris, Chavo being one of them (?), why was nothing done sooner? If I got just one of those messages, I'd be majorly concerned if it was my friend, particularly after having lost another in Eddie a year ago. At that point, I'd be dropping everything and flying to GA to find out what the hell was going on.

Maybe, just maybe, they were fast asleep at 4am in the morning. They probably acted as soon as they got up. Edited by cogitoergozoomo

Nearly 100 pages now and no one's mentioned the Edge & Christian version of his theme song "Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad".....

Possibly because nobody remembers it.
Really? I'm surprised!
Me and my mate still quote that!

Nearly 100 pages now and no one's mentioned the Edge & Christian version of his theme song "Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad".....

Possibly because nobody remembers it.
Really? I'm surprised!
Me and my mate still quote that!
Haha, that scene entered my head earlier...

• Paid Members

been watching fox news most of the day and they keep going on bout roid rage and how the wwe is gonna have to answer alot of questions. they had meltzer on they to and he didnt really help the cause.

He's a journalist. It's not his job to 'help the cause', it's his job to tell the truth.

This sucks more than an A D Street match.Benoit is gonna be missed. Agreat loss to the wrestling scene. I hope that his legacy shadows this terrible event. He's worth more than being remebered than just for this. MADSTER

• Paid Members

From the WWE statement:

In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit.

How fucked up is an industry that feels the need to have a company policy for when its employees die?

From the WWE statement:

In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit.

How fucked up is an industry that feels the need to have a company policy for when its employees die?
I am trying to think of the implications of a policy,I mean would this mean if a star from the roster dies the WWE are obligied to air one tribute show?

From the WWE statement:

I am trying to think of the implications of a policy,I mean would this mean if a star from the roster dies the WWE are obligied to air one tribute show?
Policy changed like mad when, first, Owen and then Guerrero died.It makes sense they'd have a policy for it.Agree it's fucked up, however it's happened in the past it'll happen in the future.

From the WWE statement:

I read a very similar statement last night, but it read that "Raw was cancelled between 4:00pm and 5.00pm, in line with company policy". Perhaps it's just a typo on the updated WWE.com version that is available now.

From the WWE statement:

It's not that strange I don't think. An old job had what they called "Personnel Procedures" or even "Human Resources Policy" for the deaths of employees. On a random note, in town today I saw a Chris Benoit figure, very surreal that a child may buy that and play with it still. Kind of brought this all home for me.