Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Moderators

Can we not do the "mates r mates for life" debate in here please.

Isn't it relevant to the topic though as in what kind of impact Benoits death is going to have on the wrestlers and the company as a whole? Should WWE stick by Benoit and acknowledge his career or not?
No. Because you're both talking about what you'd do in this, as yet, non confirmed situation. Its pointless to this thread. Take it to OT if you want to discuss what you'd do.

As the WWE has only in the past given passed wrestlers a single memorial show i would be surprised if they changed that in this circumstance.

When Eddie passed away, both Raw and SmackDown were memorial shows.
I appreciate what you are saying here but things are a bit different with Benoit's. There is a large cloud hanging over this one. i think whoever stated they should take a few weeks off has got it spot on. This means they don't do anything thay may embarass them in the future, it gives the other wrestlers time to come to terms with this and lastly (and less importantly) it gives Creative the time to come up with a totally new direction.
Sorry, I wasn't saying that SmackDown should be a memorial show - I think that WWE have done the right thing in planning to run a matches-only broadcast. I was just correcting the above poster.
Ah I see!! Apologies for picking you up wrong :)

As the WWE has only in the past given passed wrestlers a single memorial show i would be surprised if they changed that in this circumstance.

I appreciate what you are saying here but things are a bit different with Benoit's. There is a large cloud hanging over this one. i think whoever stated they should take a few weeks off has got it spot on. This means they don't do anything thay may embarass them in the future, it gives the other wrestlers time to come to terms with this and lastly (and less importantly) it gives Creative the time to come up with a totally new direction.
It was me that said that and it really needs to happen because the morale of the guys is going to be screwed in every way, shape and form. WWE can't do anything right at the moment, if they acknowledge Benoits career on screen then they will get torn to shreds by the media and if they don't acknowledge his career than a lot of guys are going to be pissed off. ECW storylines are shot, Vince's storyline is shot and most of the roster is not going to be able to recover for a long while. To many benoit was/is wrestling and if this is how a hero of theirs can be it's going to screw the mindset of many.

• Paid Members

More than just that though, both Raw and Smackdown were being filmed on the day Eddie died, so they really had little choice.

• Paid Members

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Sorry to bring this up again, but this post and some of the others you've made show an unbelievable level of ignorance and naivety. Nobody is a moron for thinking Benoit may have commited double-homicide and then suicide when that is supposedly what the evidence suggests according to official investigations.Your comments in the above post and suggesting that Nancy is far more likely the guilty party based on no evidence whatsoever other than the image of Benoit that has been painted by his peers over the years are far more moronic. Yes, it's difficult to fathom why such events could have happened, especially with someone who had been seemingly held in such high regard as Chris Benoit. But, many of the other wrestlers commented themselves on just how much of a private person Chris was in their tributes. They themselves may not have even really known Chris or what he may be capable of and you certainly don't.It's obviously difficult to understand or comprehend any of what has supposedly happened. But, what really baffles and disturbs me, if true and makes some of the suggested scenarios seem even less comprehendable, is the death of Daniel and that it took place apparently, basically an entire day after the death of Nancy.I really wish WWE didn't feel the need to keep the ECW and Smackdown tapings to go ahead and would give their employees a bit of time to get themselves together after a situation of this nature. Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

I personally think a few storyline few weeks wouldn't go amiss in WWE. Have a couple shows just with pure wrestling, for no reason other than wrestling's sake. Get refreshed, get things smoothed out, then slowly reintroduce promos and storylines as things go on.

As bad as all this is i really hope they dont erase Benoit from all memory. As bad as what it is that he's done he has achieved so much and he was a great wrestler and has touched alot of people's lives. I for one hope WWE dont abandoned his memory and legacy as a performer.They dont have to mention him again on TV or PPV but to remove his name from DVDs and remove his merchandise seems very childish and desperate in order to protect themselves.

An update on all the stuff being removed from WWE.com, shows that they have removed the In memory of pic for Benoit from the Raw page, and replaced it with a pic of In memory for McMahon.

No they havn't

I'm very very shocked and very saddened by the news of Chris's death today. A friend of mine called me to tell me the news and I've spent all day at work trying to find out what information I could. After returning home and looking through all the news stories at Lordsofpain.net, I'm very upset to learn the information I've learnt. This is tragic and I'm going to a friends house later this evening to watch the tribute Raw with him.Chris was the greatest.

• Paid Members

its a tough place for them to be in... on the one hand you have a guy who was worshiped and respected by every fan and wrestler in the world and busted his ass for his profession for twenty years... on the other hand you have a man who has apparently just killed his wife and young son and then himself...It's all well and good to say what they should be doing right now but whoever makes any decision is going to be wrong by someone... I don't envy who has to make them calls...

As bad as all this is i really hope they dont erase Benoit from all memory. As bad as what it is that he's done he has achieved so much and he was a great wrestler and has touched alot of people's lives. I for one hope WWE dont abandoned his memory and legacy as a performer.They dont have to mention him again on TV or PPV but to remove his name from DVDs and remove his merchandise seems very childish and desperate in order to protect themselves.

If your a public company selling a murderers merchandise that's not going to sit very well, they have to do this.