WCW hilarity - what were they thinking?

dopper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

"Steiner undid the protective mats around ringside. He then piledrove Sting on a protective mat."- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: June 14, 1999:D"Eddie Guerrero claimed that one of the Mexicans stole his walletbut didn't know which one because they all wore masks"- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: July 12, 1999My sides hurt from this one.

"Steiner undid the protective mats around ringside. He then piledrove Sting on a protective mat."That has to be the greatest of all!!Or maybe this...... "Nash sold very little considering it was a 16-on-1 beating"Or this... "Bret Hart is planning on returning at the (big Georgia Dome show).In WCW's infinite wisdom on Nitro this week, they never once mentioned Hart was coming backbut did do an angle to build for the Ernest Miller vs. Jerry Flynn match for the show"In fact its all GOLD!!

• Paid Members

"The show ended with Sting vs. Hart. The entire match took place backstage which infuriated the crowd as they didn't have any bigscreens in the building"

"WCW ordered a ton of new business card, stationary etc. with the new logo and the address on all the cards spelled 'Altanta'."

These two were pure gold for me. I'm going to have Altanta stuck in my head all day tomorrow.More, more I say!

• Paid Members

The thing about Schiavone verbaly no-selling the garbage can shots are possible the stupidist things Ive ever heard. He hasnt realy worked since Nitro has he?

Not in wrestling no, amazingly even TNA turned him away after a handful of appearances.I believe he now co hosts a sports radio show in Georgia.

"Warrior took The Disciple under the ring. After hearing about Curt Hennig two weeks ago(went to the bathroom under the ring which was so gross it the two wrestlers hiding under the ring with him throw up)I don't even want to think about what Hellwig and Ed Leslie were doing down there.They probably brought their portable VCR so they could study the latest Japanese movesto incorporate into their future matches"- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

Hennig shat under the ring?!

Great stuff Dopper, the Russo era should be immense!

"The worst part was when Sting finally got the Scorpion Deathlock on Hartand Zbyszko started claiming it wasn't being applied properly,so he and Schiavone had this discussion about the finer points of the Scorpionwhile Bret Hart was selling it like it was the end of his career"- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: October 12, 1998

I can remember watching this and laughing at the time, Bret was almost crying with the pain and Schiavone and Zbysko are just rambling on, arguing about the positioning of Hart's knees :laugh: Also the promo Bret did about his cat (Socks?) was especially surreal.I always assumed Beefcake was a love-slave for Hogan and then Warrior stole him and had his own merry way with him (that's why Beefcake was asleep all the time), thus Hogan was jealous. That probably made more sense than what the feud was really about. (God knows what)

"On the Time Magazine internet balloting for Man of the Century,Ric Flair is now in third place trailing Jesus and Adolf Hitler.Raven is in ninth place"

:laugh: My personal favourite.
He was number one at one point, I should know, I voted for him!!!!Then Time chopped the list down so that only people they considered 'appropriate' were left. Democracy only when it suits them for Time Magazine :laugh:

• Paid Members

"Warrior took The Disciple under the ring. After hearing about Curt Hennig two weeks ago(went to the bathroom under the ring which was so gross it the two wrestlers hiding under the ring with him throw up)I don't even want to think about what Hellwig and Ed Leslie were doing down there.They probably brought their portable VCR so they could study the latest Japanese movesto incorporate into their future matches"- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

Henning knew he would be under the ring with two guys, and being the huge prankster he was he took laxatives so he would shit under the ring and the guys wouldnt be able to run out from underneath and have to take it.Literally every shoot interview Ive seen with a guy over 30 has either an Owen or Henning prank story.

"On the Time Magazine internet balloting for Man of the Century,Ric Flair is now in third place trailing Jesus and Adolf Hitler.Raven is in ninth place"

:laugh: My personal favourite.
He was number one at one point, I should know, I voted for him!!!!Then Time chopped the list down so that only people they considered 'appropriate' were left. Democracy only when it suits them for Time Magazine :laugh:
Bastards, I cant believe they kicked out Hitler.

• Paid Members

You never heard that story? Hennig and two other guys (I think one was Scott Hall) had to hide under the ring so they could make an unexpected appearance later in the show. Obviously they had to be under there from before the audience came in, so were there for a few hours. Nature took it's course, and Hennig took a shit in a bucket. The other two guys threw up. I'm starting to think that Warrior may have been one of the other guys under the ring. Might have to look it up to check.