Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I've ever so slowly been balding over the past few years. While not too noticeable looking straight on at me, it's obvious from an aerial view. I'd shave it Bic razor style in a heartbeat were it not for the fact that I have a rather gargantuan head and a scar on my fourfivehead which will become blatant upon complete baldness. As much as I'd like to look awesome with no hair, it would be more like The Hills Have Eyes (which wouldn't be so bad if they decided to film a sequel and looked in my house for extras).

Is there anyone here who has contemplated chopping it all off or, better still, gone through with it?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's 8 grand, just take it and go.

I'd agree with this. But keep in mind I generally have to keep ahead of every HR department I've worked under in terms of them finding out how much of a cracked out fuck up I am, so I change jobs a lot.

• Moderators

I have glorious, healthy, thick hair that i choose to shave off because it looks so awesome being bald. And anyway...you're ginger...and now balding...surely this is a no-brainer regardless?

Ballcocks.! You're going bald, my beard is better, and she wants me!

• Paid Members

I have glorious, healthy, thick hair that i choose to shave off because it looks so awesome being bald. And anyway...you're ginger...and now balding...surely this is a no-brainer regardless?

T'is only my beard which is ginger. Well, it starts off brown but turns to ze ginge when it reaches a certain length. I could either keep it short or grow the manliest of manbeards and cuff any oiks who say "I can see why you shaved your head LOLZ!".While I'm on the subject, I went to see Therapy? last week and some drunk touchy-feely man in the toilets pointed out my ginger beard, told me my blonde hair wasn't natural and that I dyed it due to "being ashamed". :/

I've been shaving my head for 8 years due to increasing baldness, never regretted it at all. Just go for it I say, start with a #1, if you can stand it being a bit shorter take the guard off, and if you still fancy it then go full Angle with a bic.

• Paid Members

My laptop blew up yesterday. It wasn't the worst thing in the world to happen as it was past its best but now I have a new one I'm struggling to transfer the content of my iPhone back to iTunes. Am I being a megaspaz or is it intentionally this hard to copy the content from the device to the software?

Have you had any joy solving this issue yet Frankie? What kind of iPhone is it? 3GS, 4, 4S etc. I have a question of my own; What the best bit of (free is possible) software for ripping files of websites like youtube and into mp4 format so it would be compatible with an iPhone and iPad? I know there are a good few which will rip the audio, but if you were looking to rip the video too, whats the best way to go?

My laptop blew up yesterday. It wasn't the worst thing in the world to happen as it was past its best but now I have a new one I'm struggling to transfer the content of my iPhone back to iTunes. Am I being a megaspaz or is it intentionally this hard to copy the content from the device to the software?

Have you had any joy solving this issue yet Frankie? What kind of iPhone is it? 3GS, 4, 4S etc.

I have a question of my own;

What the best bit of (free is possible) software for ripping files of websites like youtube and into mp4 format so it would be compatible with an iPhone and iPad? I know there are a good few which will rip the audio, but if you were looking to rip the video too, whats the best way to go?

Not a software, but this website has always done me well. Admittedly, I've only ever used it for MP3s, but there's a link to convert to MP4 which I'd imagine will work just as well.

• Paid Members
I've been shaving my head for 8 years due to increasing baldness, never regretted it at all. Just go for it I say, start with a #1, if you can stand it being a bit shorter take the guard off, and if you still fancy it then go full Angle with a bic.

That's the plan at the moment, however due to not being that brave I've started on a #3. :/

Ok, I have a bit of a query regarding iTunes.

So I've just started transferring my CD collection over to my iTunes and it's telling me that 350 tracks so far equals 2.33gb. That can't be right surely? Last time I used iTunes was on Windows about 6 years ago and I'm sure about 500 songs used to take up about a 1gb or so. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Might be worth going into Edit > Preferences, to check the Import Settings and what quality or file format it uses when you add a CD.

It's been using AAC and iTunes Plus, is this the highest setting? I've checked it down to high quality (192kb).

Thanks for the help, would never have found where to look.

It's one of the higher settings on there - at 256 or 320 kps you often get file sizes pushing 10mb for a single track which is where the 2.33 gb looks like its gone. You can right click and select Get Info to see the individual file sizes to see if that look like it adds up.

Yeah it's exactly what has happened, cheers for the help, won't be using that setting for the rest of the collection.

Archived