Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the Smashing Pumpkins song in The Watchmen trailer called?

The end is the beginning is the end.

There's two versions of it, one slow (watchmen) and one fast (batman and robin)

Just seen this, and feel the need to correct it - the song from the Watchmen trailer (I'm pretty sure) is actually The Begining Is The End Is The Begining, which was the B-side to the original song from Batman And Robin. Different lyrics.

• Paid Members
Whats the Smashing Pumpkins song in The Watchmen trailer called?

The end is the beginning is the end.

There's two versions of it, one slow (watchmen) and one fast (batman and robin)

Just seen this, and feel the need to correct it - the song from the Watchmen trailer (I'm pretty sure) is actually The Begining Is The End Is The Begining, which was the B-side to the original song from Batman And Robin. Different lyrics.

I stand corrected, said the man in the orphopaedic shoes.

• Paid Members

I used to know this website where you could upload a photo of yours self and then you could change it to make yourself old, a baby, black, asian and others. Anyone know what I'm going on about and have a link?

Did the IRA kidnap, and execute, Roy Castle's brother? I'm getting blank looks here.

McWhirter's brother was killed by the IRA.

Ah, the McWhirters.

[edit] Political activity

He was an active member of the Conservative Party in the early 1960s and fought, unsuccessfully, to recapture Orpington in the 1964 and 1966 UK general elections after its loss to the Liberals in the 1962 by-election.[5]

Together with his brother Ross, he founded the "National Association for Freedom", later "The Freedom Association", in the 1970s. This organisation initiated legal challenges against the trade union movement in the UK, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) and the European Economic Community (EEC) in Brussels, and continues its political activities to this day.[6]

Ross McWhirter was a constant critic of British government policy in Northern Ireland, and called for a "tougher" response by the British army against Irish republicans. Ross McWhirter was shot dead by the Provisional Irish Republican Army in 1975 at his home after offering a reward for information leading to the apprehension of those carrying out a bombing campaign in London at the time.

Norris McWhirter was a member of the Secretariat of the anti-communist European Freedom Campaign, established in London at an Inaugural Rally at Westminster Central Hall on 10 December 1988. This group's co-ordinating committee consisted almost exclusively of representatives from countries behind the Iron Curtain.

Them bloody trade unionists and their anti-freedom activities!

I might as well fire in a quick question. Does Elton John still own Watford? Thanks.

Have you considered typing "who owns Watford FC?" into Google? Do you think it's more likely that a few hundred wrestling fans would know the answer to your question over and above the world's most comprehensive search engine?

• Paid Members
I might as well fire in a quick question. Does Elton John still own Watford? Thanks.

Have you considered typing "who owns Watford FC?" into Google? Do you think it's more likely that a few hundred wrestling fans would know the answer to your question over and above the world's most comprehensive search engine?

Well, I did say it was a quick question. I wasn't exactly scouring Google for the answer, at the time.

No need to be sarky either.

Do you work for Google?

Do you work for Google?

Couldn't you have Googled that?

bAz, there's every need to be sarky if you took the time to post a question when it would have taken you the exact same amount of time to type that into Google, Yahoo, or ask118118.com (other search engines are available). Do you not understand how, after months of asking questions where it would be less effort for you to find out for yourelf than ask other people, some folks might be a bit weary of it all?

• Moderators

There's no need to be asking questions on the internet that could be answered with 5 seconds on Google or Wiki. Unless something's too indefinable and awkwardly worded for a search engine, or you're looking for some sort of personal opinion, Wikipedia and Google alone should have eliminated the need for anyone to ask anything, especially of a pop culture bent.

"How old is David Bowie?"

"I dunno, google him, or look on his wiki page. Oh, you want me to do that then post the result?"

There's no need to be asking questions on the internet that could be answered with 5 seconds on Google or Wiki. Unless something's too indefinable and awkwardly worded for a search engine, or you're looking for some sort of personal opinion, Wikipedia and Google alone should have eliminated the need for anyone to ask anything, especially of a pop culture bent.

"How old is David Bowie?"

"I dunno, google him, or look on his wiki page. Oh, you want me to do that then post the result?"

I believe klown could add to this point.

Archived