Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ok, I desperately need a piece of video editing software that I can use to overlay one video semi transparently onto another.

Anyone?

I'd imagine the Adobe ones will, seeing as they love their layers and stuff, and I'm pretty certain you can do it with Pinnacle.

• Paid Members
Ok, I desperately need a piece of video editing software that I can use to overlay one video semi transparently onto another.

Anyone?

I'd imagine the Adobe ones will, seeing as they love their layers and stuff, and I'm pretty certain you can do it with Pinnacle.

I'm currently trying to wrap my head around Adobe After Effects, but after 3 nights in a row trying to work stuff out I think I may have to bite the bullet and watch the 5 hour instructional video I've downloaded. I'll give Pinnacle a try though, it might be easier.

Oh, and is After Effect meant to be that slow? I have CS4 and a brand new laptop, but even with 4 gig ram it's still taking about 5 hours to single pass encode a 2 minute video with a couple of filters.

• Paid Members
No, you can get cheaper one's, try a price runner for TV Wall Brackets, and they tell you what TV Models they are eligible (can't think of the word I'm looking for) for.

thank you. it was unsure how standardized the fittings are, and dont want to end up with brackets that dont fit anything.

id also like to take this time to thank JLM.

No, you can get cheaper one's, try a price runner for TV Wall Brackets, and they tell you what TV Models they are eligible (can't think of the word I'm looking for) for.

thank you. it was unsure how standardized the fittings are, and dont want to end up with brackets that dont fit anything.

id also like to take this time to thank JLM.

I'm sure my missus got one for about

• Paid Members

Sorry if this is such a simple question.

I'm selling a few bits on ebay and a buyer has offered me an above average price for the item. Now how do I do this properly?

Do I end the item, then I sell it to him privately, which gives him fuck all security. Or do I revise the item and only have a buy it now option for the price he offered? But wouldnt that run the risk of someone else grabbing it?

Any experienced ebayers know what I'm talking about? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: the discussion about the Pastor Martin Niemoller poem in the paedophilia thread, as it has zero to do with paedophilia but is undoubtedly worthy of wider knowledge and discussion.

This is the translation I remember:

350px-Martin_Niemoeller.jpg

I think it's much better than the literal translation, but never mind that. The message behind the poem is the most important thing. But never mind that, really, either. I remember back in the early - mid 90s there was a version of that poem done by some guy, solo with an electric guitar accompaniment. It doesn't appear to be listed in the Wikipedia article, so I wonder if anyone remembered it? My travel-addled brain thinks it might have been a guy with a one-letter name, like J. But I'm damned if I can remember.

A million thanks, elegia. I've not seen that in at least 15 years and it's still exactly as brilliant as I remember it. It's strange how some things just lodge in my brains, no matter how much I try and destroy it with liquor and drugs.

Just thinking, can anyone imagine MTV playing anything like that nowadays? I don't even think when I saw it it was part of 120 Minutes or any of the weird music strands.

Judging from a few minutes spent flicking through his other Youtube videos, it appears the man responsible for this (Jaye Muller) has done literally nothing of any worth since. Still, one brilliant thing is enough.

Archived