Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
My trial of Microsoft Office just expired which is kinda shit as I'm meant to be doing Coursework, does anyone have any validation keys that work? I tried googling it but it just comes up with a ton of rubbish. Cheers.

Just get yersen OpenOffice, KJ. Just as good, really.

Im just downloading it now, I've heard good things about it. My only concern is that my uni uses Office 2007 and I could have compatibilty issues when emailing stuff to uni computers/lecturers.

When a player gets sent off in a football game (Im talking professional football rather than amateur) are they not allowed to stay in the stadium area to watch the rest of the game? The reason I ask is that Stephen McPhail has been sent of for Cardiff in the South Wales Derby and has since been shown twice sat on the floor watching the game on a lap top! I assumed he'd just be sent to the bench and thus could watch the game, but if he's allowed to do that why would he be watching on a lap top back stage?

My trial of Microsoft Office just expired which is kinda shit as I'm meant to be doing Coursework, does anyone have any validation keys that work? I tried googling it but it just comes up with a ton of rubbish. Cheers.

Just get yersen OpenOffice, KJ. Just as good, really.

Im just downloading it now, I've heard good things about it. My only concern is that my uni uses Office 2007 and I could have compatibilty issues when emailing stuff to uni computers/lecturers.

You can save stuff as .doc or .xls, and it's perfectly compatible across the platform. There might be a problem if your Uni uses Office 2008 or something and puts some fancy bells and whistles in the document, but I think OpenOffice is good up to Office 2003.

Office 2007 keys? If yes, you're in luck.

When a player gets sent off in a football game (Im talking professional football rather than amateur) are they not allowed to stay in the stadium area to watch the rest of the game? The reason I ask is that Stephen McPhail has been sent of for Cardiff in the South Wales Derby and has since been shown twice sat on the floor watching the game on a lap top! I assumed he'd just be sent to the bench and thus could watch the game, but if he's allowed to do that why would he be watching on a lap top back stage?

Technically he has to return to the changing rooms. Try enforcing that one on a public park where the changing facility is a 5 minute walk though!

Occasionaly it doesn't happen though. Steven Caldwell for example ended up going to the press box when he got sent off during Burnley's win over Chelsea the other week. The stewards allowed him to because he had refused to leave the mouth of the tunnel until after the shoot-out!

Great game by the way, and that McPhail thing was interesting.

Its sort of like when a manager gets sent to the stands, he is banned from the touchline. He can sit in the back, or watch from the stands-same with a player.

That is why they always head straight off down the tunnel after a red card, rather then grabbing a jacket and sitting on the bench as if they'd been subbed

Great game by the way, and that McPhail thing was interesting.

Its sort of like when a manager gets sent to the stands, he is banned from the touchline. He can sit in the back, or watch from the stands-same with a player.

That is why they always head straight off down the tunnel after a red card, rather then grabbing a jacket and sitting on the bench as if they'd been subbed

Managers can stay in the stand but I'm 99% certain that the FA rules say that a player has to stay in the changing room area. Certainly in amateur or semi-pro football a player is always sent to the changing area, usually to prevent confrontation.

Archived