Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Always been meaning to watch some New Japan but never got round to it, Anyone get any recommendations?

Pretty much anything NJPW have done over the last couple of years has been gold. Last years Wrestle Kingdom was a good watch. The IWGP Jr Heavyweight 3 way between Low Ki, Devitt & Kota Ibushi was a good match as was Nakamura/Sakuraba in the semi main event. The Main Event its self was extremely well built up but it's still a fantastic match even without seeing any of the pre match events. Okada's entrance made him look a mega star even in defeat. This years WK was good but because the crowd weren't buying into Naito as a top guy it didn't have the special feel that last years event did although it's still worth a watch for the Hirooki Goto/Katsuyori Shibata match and Tanahashi/Nakamura main event.

Recently Jushin Liger and El Desperado have been working together recently and seem to have great chemisty.

Nakamura was a guy I used to hate for some reason but last year his matches with Shelton Benjamin of all people managed to change that. Some amazing matches during that feud and on the subject of Nakamura this match with Kota Ibushi from last years G1 is a quality match which the crowd really get in to.

Edited by diamond_dust

Always been meaning to watch some New Japan but never got round to it, Anyone get any recommendations?

Pretty much anything NJPW have done over the last couple of years has been gold. Last years Wrestle Kingdom was a good watch. The IWGP Jr Heavyweight 3 way between Low Ki, Devitt & Kota Ibushi was a good match as was Nakamura/Sakuraba in the semi main event. The Main Event its self was extremely well built up but it's still a fantastic match even without seeing any of the pre match events. Okada's entrance made him look a mega star even in defeat. This years WK was good but because the crowd weren't buying into Naito as a top guy it didn't have the special feel that last years event did although it's still worth a watch for the Hirooki Goto/Katsuyori Shibata match and Tanahashi/Nakamura main event.

Recently Jushin Liger and El Desperado have been working together recently and seem to have great chemisty.

Nakamura was a guy I used to hate for some reason but last year his matches with Shelton Benjamin of all people managed to change that. Some amazing matches during that feud and on the subject of Nakamura this match with Kota Ibushi from last years G1 is a quality match which the crowd really get in to.

Will check this out thanks.

004newjapangeda-jado.jpg

• Paid Members

Caught some ROH for the first time in years the other day when my mate made me watch Tomasso Ciampa vs Hanson from whatever the recent PPV was. Enjoyed that a lot. I'd never seen either guy before but they had a fun match with just the right amount of indy to make it fresh compared to all the WWE I've been watching. Love Ciampa's finisher too, especially as he can hit it on a big guy.

We watched the latest TV episode afterwards and that was pretty decent too. Wasn't a massive fan of Elgin coming out and outright asking for Hanson and that nazi-biker-looking guy's help - seems like it'd have served a high-up babyface better if he'd just stopped at "I've got your back", then they voluntarily had his later on when he was getting beaten down or something. Some solidarity in action against the heels, rather than your crusading babyface actively recruiting.

Can't remember much else other than the fact that Steve Corino looks like a different person and I still really feel like I'm missing whatever everybody else is seeing in Kevin Steen.

I wanna buy ROH tickets for the wrestlemania weekend, but ticketmaster doesn't display anything...Are the shows sold out?

You might want to try going though ROH's website - according to that tickets are still available & they have a link for ordering on the front page.

Thanks mate

Border City Wrestling have just announced they are using the NJPW talent the night before the Toronto show. They are also using Shelley, Tagging with regular New Japan partner KUSHIDA as the Time Splitters. Hopefully this is a sign that Shelley will be on these shows! Time Splitters vs reDRagon happens in New York, Seeing as Fish can never seem to get into Canada.

Seeing as Fish can never seem to get into Canada.

What's that all about then? Criminal record or something?

Think i read somewhere that he worked in Canada without the right VISA? Do you need a VISA to work in Canada if your American? I know Mark Briscoe really struggles to get across!

Oh and some awesome news for people wanting these to be on iPPV:

ustream.jpg

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING

Edited by Only_The_Strong_Survive

• Paid Members

That's great news for them. They are in desperate need to getting those shows live to the public. Having their big shows on delay just isn't the same. Hopefully it works out better for them. A lot of good things about Ring of Honor right now. Its got the most momentum its had in years. A lot of possibilities in 2014 for them.

In other news Nige has got his old hair back!

BjvlAtECQAAQkjv.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 3 weeks later...