Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Why would that bother you unless you wanted him for your next boyfriend?

What can I say? My secret desire revealed. He can 450 splash me any day! EtcAesthetics man, aesthetics!!!

Im going to be in New York when the 10/05/08 show takes place at the Hammstein Ballroom.I know the venue is easy enough to get to, but how are they for sending tickets to the UK?Should I buy online, or email ROH direct and requestCheers

If possible, buy online and use a credit card rather than paypal, and you won't pay anything for postage as it's just tickets in a small envelope. They should be with you in a week.
Yeah cheers for that, I purchased the ticket yesterday so looking forward to my first proper live ROH event!!

who cares if steen is overweight, hes fucking awesome

There's only so much respect you can have for a fat man. Don't get me wrong - great wrestler, but that bulbous gut....Yuck.
Kevin Steen is a tremendous heel and has improved as wrestler quite a bit too, even if he still isn't as great as some people say. The fact that he's fat doesn't come into the equation.

Really? Has he improved vastly in recent times or something? Because every time I've seen him, he was utter cack.

I've always enjoyed watching Sabian. I don't expect him to work miracles with anyone.

Regarding Steen's look. I think a Dave Moralez style look would suit him. The gear he wears does him no favours. There is nothing wrong with a fat wrestler, over the years there have been plenty, in fact id like to see Steen play up on the fact he is a fat fuck and go with the old fashioned look, in ROH where they are all very lean and muscular it would make him stand out in a good way.

• Paid Members

Eddie Kingston may make me actually buy a ROH DVD. The man is easily my favorite wrestler around today. I hope they don't bring in the BLk Out though, he'd do much better on his own. Plus, ROH's stable wars fued is hella' gay, I'd hate for him to get lost in the shuffle.

• Paid Members

I haven't seen anything to convince me Eddie Kingston is worth ROH's time. Anyway...

From alexshelley.livejournal.com:2:17aMCMG Return to ROH -or- Response to Jimmy Jacobs There's a saying, an old one like they always are, that implies life is circular. Or in short, karma is legit.In 2002, two young men with a love for pro wrestling started at square one and travelled countless miles, made tons of sacrafices, and did everything they could to assure that they'd have a fighting chance in the strange and completely unfair of pro wrestling. And they did it by beating the **** out of each other across the midwest.Flash forward to 2008. Two young-ish men are now on very, very different paths in very different walks of life. While both have done pretty well for themselves, and God willing, will do even better in the future, what lays in front of us are completely different people than the ones who started their journey. That was inevitable and expected. But this? Oi vey.So the way I look at it is Jimmy just bought glass real estate and I invested in a mother****ing quarry. I'm reading the words sellout, grassroots, hatred, and ego. You know, for a guy who used to be my best friend in the business, which are very hard to come by, you sure did turn into a bit of a ****. I know all about you and Tyler Black and Necro and what you guys have done, but give me a break man. Like, the beautiful thing about wrestling is that you can be anything you want, you can turn your personality up to 11, and low and behold, when you guys do it, you come off like chubby goth nerds who tried to OD on aspirin while listening to Robert Smith albums and wearing long sleeve shirts to cover up cries for attention disguised as poorly attempted suicides. Here's a tip for free: Take your blade down the road, not across the street, if you pick up what I'm laying down. And you've touched peoples lives? You're so full of **** your eyes are brown.(Disclaimer: No offense to any Robert Smith fans out there. I like a couple Cure songs too. Please keep buying merchandise. Kthnxbye.)Okay, petty jokes aside, I can admit you and Tyler are one helluva team, especially when you consider we've locked horns before. Jimmy got a helluva lot better since we last wrestled each other, and Tyler's one of the brightest young wrestlers anywhere, not that he needs my endorsement. His talent speaks far louder than anything I could communicate.I do agree with you, I can't think of a better place for this match to take place if ROH decides to let such a contest occur. You keep this in mind though, this is our return to a company who did a helluva a lot for my career. This is our chance to wrestle in front of the most appreciative audience in pro wresting. This is our homecoming. You feel free to prove whatever you want to whomever you want. You just remember the saying about life being circular, what goes 'round, comes 'round. We're right back to square one. See you in the D. current mood: gratefulcurrent music: "Try It Again" by The Hives

I haven't seen anything to convince me Eddie Kingston is worth ROH's time. Anyway...

How much of him have you seen? If not alot, you should definetly check out some of his stuff. His rivalry with Chris Hero has plenty of highlights.I'd actually like to see a Blackout of Ruckus, Sabian(altho i'm not a huge fan, he's obviuosly gonna be involved), Joker and Jack Evans (member for 1 night in CZW and i thought fitted perfectly). With Julius Smokes/Mireno as the mouthpiece. And then let Kingston be manily a singles competitor.

Ok, opinions people please.I haven't seen a ROH show since Cabana's farewell on 28/4/07. I'm a long way behind and I don't think I can ever catch up. Assume I have access to the PPV's, is there anything else I'm really missing over the remainder of '07? Any unmissable matches (that don't appear on the PPV's remember?)Cheers.

• Awards Moderator

Ok, opinions people please.I haven't seen a ROH show since Cabana's farewell on 28/4/07. I'm a long way behind and I don't think I can ever catch up. Assume I have access to the PPV's, is there anything else I'm really missing over the remainder of '07? Any unmissable matches (that don't appear on the PPV's remember?)Cheers.

There's the first Morishima vs. Danielson match from 'Manhattan Mayhem II', and Shiozaki vs. Danielson from 'Live In Tokyo', but other than that, I'd say all the essential stuff's on the PPV DVDs.

You cant go wrong with any of the Austin Aries/Bryan Danielson matches from the late 07, the Glory By Honor match in particluar is great. Claudio vs Morishima & Briscoes vs Steenerico Streetfight from Death Before Dishonor Night 1 are both highly enjoyable, the Claudio match may be my top Morishima defense (apart from said Danielson match of course).Death Before Dishonor Night 2 is also very good, it has Danielson vs Quack and another really good Morishima defense afagainst Brent Albright. A favourite of mine that seems to have been slept on is Quack & Jigsaw vs Steenerico from Domination which is a superb undercard tag match that includes THE best nearfall of last year IMO. Other favourites of mine-Claudio vs El Generico, Race To The Top Tournament Night 2-Naomichi Marufuji vs El Generico, Motor City Madness 07-Nigel McGuiness vs Chris Hero, Glory By Honor Night 1-Danielson vs Morishima, Glory By Honor Night 2 (Killer match, thoughts on the previous page)-Hero vs Aries vs Morishima vs Danielson, Final Battle

Edited by Jun Kasai

• Awards Moderator

So there's nothing good particularly from Reborn Again (11/5), Fight @ The Roxbury (8/6), United We Stand (22/6) or Caged Rage (24/8)?

I was quite disappointed by Caged Rage (the only one of those four I've seen) - the cage matches in question weren't fantastic (the Briscoes/Steenerico one in particular didn't measure up to the street fight they had a couple of weeks before at DBDVN1), the triple threat title match is okay, as is Danielson vs. Pac, but the show looked a lot better than it actually turned out to be. For me, anyway.