Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Klitschko is as much a draw in the UK as Haye is in Germany. Which means that he isn't. That's not going to change, regardless of how many times Wladimir beats Haye.

Well Klitschko will bring the stadium audience in Germany in and Haye can bring the PPV audience in Britain in. Perfect match. Better than a match that only one country cares about.

When Wlad signs up to fight someone like Povetkin in Germany he'll draw a full house as usual and make some good money. I ask you, outside of the usual boxing fans who buy every major fight anyway, are there any UK fans stupid enough to buy into Haye's latest "next time I'll knock him out" shite and throw down another

Klitschko is as much a draw in the UK as Haye is in Germany. Which means that he isn't. That's not going to change, regardless of how many times Wladimir beats Haye.

Well Klitschko will bring the stadium audience in Germany in and Haye can bring the PPV audience in Britain in. Perfect match. Better than a match that only one country cares about.

When Wlad signs up to fight someone like Povetkin in Germany he'll draw a full house as usual and make some good money. I ask you, outside of the usual boxing fans who buy every major fight anyway, are there any UK fans stupid enough to buy into Haye's latest "next time I'll knock him out" shite and throw down another

He maybe should but after breaking the PPV record i would imagine he sees money and lots of it.

Again, it all depends how many people are foolish enough to buy into him having a chance in a rematch. I don't think as many people will be looking for a rematch between them as you may think.

Especially if he's just going to go through the same routine again, which he's started by saying "I'll knock him out next time". Most people went into the first fight thinking he could win.

How many who saw him get easily beaten are going to buy into him having a chance the second time around?

He maybe should but after breaking the PPV record i would imagine he sees money and lots of it.

Again, it all depends how many people are foolish enough to buy into him having a chance in a rematch. I don't think as many people will be looking for a rematch between them as you may think.

Especially if he's just going to go through the same routine again, which he's started by saying "I'll knock him out next time". Most people went into the first fight thinking he could win.

How many who saw him get easily beaten are going to buy into him having a chance the second time around?

The same people brought this fight despite what all the experts said and they also brought the Harrison fight which boxing fans knew would be a one sided thrashing.

Your on a wrestling forum so you should know what hype, talk and propaganda can do. It worked for the first fight and if they're clever about it, they can make it work for the second.

Your on a wrestling forum so you should know what hype, talk and propaganda can do. It worked for the first fight and if they're clever about it, they can make it work for the second.

Using the wrestling analogy I also know that if a main event PPV featured Cena competely whipping Randy Orton without any real problem the fans wouldn't be clamouring to pay

Do you really think Haye could sell a rematch? He was jabbed to death and only had 2 bits of offence. His broken toe was laughed off by Mcguigan after the fight. Klitschko will make a fair bit whoever he fights next so I can't see either of them being bothered with Haye as he's been shown to be a league below them.

As David said Adamek/Vitali is the more interesting and more dangerous fight for the Klitschkos

Using the wrestling analogy I also know that if a main event PPV featured Cena competely whipping Randy Orton without any real problem the fans wouldn't be clamouring to pay

I watched it down a packed out boozer last night. Standing room only, no sound, ages to wait to be served. A complete contrast to when I've watched UFC events at a different bar, usually get a guaranteed seat, served quickly and good view but lacking atmosphere with only 10 max watching it.

It did seem like it would kick off towards the end, there was a group eastern European blokes getting loud and rowdy, cheering Kitschko, it wasn't going down well with the majority of punters... Don't know how it would've ended up, there were only about 6 of them but most resembled Cro Cop, they looked double hard!

The fight itself from what I could see was disappointing, neither fighter looked hungrier enough for the win, paid too much or just cautious tactics?

I'm not turning into a "hater", whatever the fuck that means. I've said since the get-go that Haye had virtually zero chance of winning. His behaviour in the build-up to the fight made him look like a tit when he couldn't even come close to delivering. That has been added to by his sad excuses after the fight.

A hater.

Your view is that you thought Haye would suck and because you felt he sucked, you're so fucking clever. It's typical boxing bullshit and it's beneath the people on this forum but everybody resorts to it because it's boxing and boxing apparently makes you that way.

As far as the heavyweight division goes, I'm more interested in seeing how the Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek fight goes than I am in seeing Wladimir beat Haye again.

If Haye's a blown-up cruiserweight, Adamek is a blown-up light heavyweight.

Wlad spoke like a complete cock. He's not good enough? He fought and beat the guy you wouldn't touch, you prick!

As far as the heavyweight division goes, I'm more interested in seeing how the Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek fight goes than I am in seeing Wladimir beat Haye again.

If Haye's a blown-up cruiserweight, Adamek is a blown-up light heavyweight.

Wlad spoke like a complete cock. He's not good enough? He fought and beat the guy you wouldn't touch, you prick!

Are you kidding me on? Haye has been running his mouth for months. It doesn't matter that he "sold the fight" - he is not a promo guy. See, this is the problem with wrestling fans. Haye should be embarrassed by the way he's conducted himself. He didn't have the tools to back up his ludicrous bravado and lost quite convincingly on the night. He has also further disgraced himself by blaming the loss on a relatively superficial injury.

I fail to see how Wlad can be considered a bigger cock than Haye in this circumstance.

• Paid Members
I'm not turning into a "hater", whatever the fuck that means. I've said since the get-go that Haye had virtually zero chance of winning. His behaviour in the build-up to the fight made him look like a tit when he couldn't even come close to delivering. That has been added to by his sad excuses after the fight.

A hater.

Your view is that you thought Haye would suck and because you felt he sucked, you're so fucking clever. It's typical boxing bullshit and it's beneath the people on this forum but everybody resorts to it because it's boxing and boxing apparently makes you that way.

At what point does that make him a hater? He thought (as did I) that Haye wouldn't have a shot, and in what circumstances was Haye not shit?

• Paid Members

I watched it with a bunch of people, some fans, some non fans and was thoroughly disappointed. I don't really to watch much boxing outside of the highly covered and promoted bouts. I got sucked into the promotion of this fight and was really looking forward to it. Stale. The into stuff with the 'Brit style scene was awful too.

Not sure if this thread has seen much Boxing/MMA debate (I'm not usually a reader) but here's a little article About lasts night's UFC 132 show which was superb, compared to the Haye fight. http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07