Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

My criteria for a pasting is Calzaghe vs Lacy, and that was a points victory - the Klitschkos ARE both boring bastards, but they're the best heavyweight boxers out there. It's killing the division, and hopefully when they're done it can start to come back, but I didn't bother rooting for Haye, as he had no hope, imho. Haye was far from doing his part - sure, he hyped it up, in a cheap heat kind of way that made him look like a cunt, but the major part of the job is there in the ring.

If Haye hadn't created the cheap heat or whatever you wanna call it nobody outside Germany apart from hardcore boxing fans would give a shit about this fight just like every other Klitschko fight.

People may not like his tactics but he sold the fight.

It's a pasting when one boxer looks like a heavyweight champ, and the other looks for all the world like a last minute replacement, rather than the guy who was going to send him home in an ambulance.

And yet it went to points and Haye had a mild cut below his eye and thats about it. If the two were as you described then it wouldn't have gone the distance.

If Haye had engaged Wladimir in an actual fight he would have been put down in the later rounds, much the same way as most of Klitschko's opponents are. The only reason it went the distance is becuase Haye was happy to keep away and mouth off, hoping for Wladimir to lose his cool and make a mistake.

My opinion for what it's worth is that Vlad, no both Klitschlko's are boring fucks who have aside from Germany bored most of the world away from the heavyweight division. Good fighters but not great and benefiting from a lack of decent opposition.

Boring in what sense though? That they don't finish their opponents? That they grind their way to decision wins most of the time?

Wladimir has won 49 of his 56 victories by stoppage. Only 7 have gone the distance. He hasn't lost a fight in over seven years.

Vitali has won 39 of his 42 wins via stoppage, and hasn't lost since a stoppage on cuts eight years ago.

Both fighters are superb technical boxers who use their physical advantages to great effect and who more often than not stop the fighter in front of them. You can call them boring but pretty much any time that their opponent has tried to bring the fight to them they've stopped them in short order.

Haye did more than his job and sold the fight brilliantly and created the most interest in the division since Lewis/Tyson and sadly couldn't get past what by and large is a pretty harmless, yet annoying jab.

Haye did fuck all to create interest outside of the UK. No one in the US gave a toss about the fight. It wasn't even on PPV, and Haye was widely regarded as a bit of a laughing stock with some of the stuff he was coming out with.

The US commentary team were mocking him during the fight, pointing out the fact that if he could fight as well as he talked we'd maybe have seen a real fight.

I'm sure that Haye could probably drum up a bit of interest in a rematch over here, which is more than likely where any fight would have to take place. Klitschko would be crazy not to take that rematch, especially if he plays hardball with the money again as it's a pretty easy fight for him.

I have a feeling that such a fight won't take place though. My money is on Wladimir facing another of the top five heavyweights at the moment, and Haye will maybe retire.

I thought Haye bottled it, he let Klitchko take the centre of the ring from the 1st ten seconds of the fight and that was pretty much it for the next 12 rounds. He was clearly behind on all the judges cards and yet he still never went for in the last few rounds, well briefly in the 12th but that was it. His stalling tactics before the fight were pathetic - i just hope Lennox knew he was going to do this, as he left him standing around like a right tool. If he didnt know, then he should have stuck the nut on Haye as soon as he walked out.

Hayes broken little toe excuse actually makes him look even a bigger cock than he was already going to look after getting beat. He can beat Valuev with a broken hand but not Klitchko with a broken little toe?

I can see them fighting again, or maybe Vitali just for the fact that theres no more marketable fights out there.

Lennox looked quality with his pork pie hat on.

• Paid Members
I thought Haye bottled it, he let Klitchko take the centre of the ring from the 1st ten seconds of the fight and that was pretty much it for the next 12 rounds. He was clearly behind on all the judges cards and yet he still never went for in the last few rounds, well briefly in the 12th but that was it. His stalling tactics before the fight were pathetic - i just hope Lennox knew he was going to do this, as he left him standing around like a right tool. If he didnt know, then he should have stuck the nut on Haye as soon as he walked out.

Hayes broken little toe excuse actually makes him look even a bigger cock than he was already going to look after getting beat. He can beat Valuev with a broken hand but not Klitchko with a broken little toe?

I can see them fighting again, or maybe Vitali just for the fact that theres no more marketable fights out there.

Lennox looked quality with his pork pie hat on.

I would not say he bottled it he just got outclassed like loads of others vs the Klitchko's have done. Klitchko's jab is going to stop anybody from landing a "big punch" the fact that hoping to land a big punch was Hayes gameplan shows the lack of ideas to beat Klitchko, I can see the brothers holding the belts for along time until somebody with a style and size much the same as the brothers come along like a Lennox Lewis I guess.

I can see the brothers holding the belts for along time until somebody with a style and size much the same as the brothers come along like a Lennox Lewis I guess.

Even Lewis was lucky to beat Vitali in their fight. Now that is a rematch I'd have paid to see...

It's a pasting when one boxer looks like a heavyweight champ, and the other looks for all the world like a last minute replacement, rather than the guy who was going to send him home in an ambulance.

And yet it went to points and Haye had a mild cut below his eye and thats about it. If the two were as you described then it wouldn't have gone the distance.

If Haye had engaged Wladimir in an actual fight he would have been put down in the later rounds, much the same way as most of Klitschko's opponents are. The only reason it went the distance is becuase Haye was happy to keep away and mouth off, hoping for Wladimir to lose his cool and make a mistake.

My opinion for what it's worth is that Vlad, no both Klitschlko's are boring fucks who have aside from Germany bored most of the world away from the heavyweight division. Good fighters but not great and benefiting from a lack of decent opposition.

Boring in what sense though? That they don't finish their opponents? That they grind their way to decision wins most of the time?

Wladimir has won 49 of his 56 victories by stoppage. Only 7 have gone the distance. He hasn't lost a fight in over seven years.

Vitali has won 39 of his 42 wins via stoppage, and hasn't lost since a stoppage on cuts eight years ago.

Both fighters are superb technical boxers who use their physical advantages to great effect and who more often than not stop the fighter in front of them. You can call them boring but pretty much any time that their opponent has tried to bring the fight to them they've stopped them in short order.

Haye did more than his job and sold the fight brilliantly and created the most interest in the division since Lewis/Tyson and sadly couldn't get past what by and large is a pretty harmless, yet annoying jab.

Haye did fuck all to create interest outside of the UK. No one in the US gave a toss about the fight. It wasn't even on PPV, and Haye was widely regarded as a bit of a laughing stock with some of the stuff he was coming out with.

The US commentary team were mocking him during the fight, pointing out the fact that if he could fight as well as he talked we'd maybe have seen a real fight.

I'm sure that Haye could probably drum up a bit of interest in a rematch over here, which is more than likely where any fight would have to take place. Klitschko would be crazy not to take that rematch, especially if he plays hardball with the money again as it's a pretty easy fight for him.

I have a feeling that such a fight won't take place though. My money is on Wladimir facing another of the top five heavyweights at the moment, and Haye will maybe retire.

None of the Klitschko fights are on PPV because they have killed the division. Haye ran away last night, Klitschko jabbed, jabbed, jabbed. Boring.

You summed it up, Klitschko almost has to take the rematch as if he fights anyone else nobody outside of Germany and hardcore boxing fans will give a shit.

• Paid Members

I know he hasnt got much experience, but I'd like to see Heavyweight Prizefighter winner Mike Perez have a go at Klitschko in the next few years. From what I've seen he looks a hell of a prospect.

You summed it up, Klitschko almost has to take the rematch as if he fights anyone else nobody outside of Germany and hardcore boxing fans will give a shit.

He doesn't "have" to take the rematch. He's fought to large crowds in Germany for years now against all manner of opponents, and won't have a problem continuing to do so I'd bet.

What I said was that a rematch with Haye, especially in the UK, is easy money in my mind. Haye isn't capable of beating him, even if Sky will do its best to convince the British public otherwise.

Also, it could be said that Haye needs the rematch more than Wladimir does. No one outside the UK gave a shit about Haye before this fight, and even less give a shit about him now.

I know he hasnt got much experience, but I'd like to see Heavyweight Prizefighter winner Mike Perez have a go at Klitschko in the next few years. From what I've seen he looks a hell of a prospect.

theres talk of him fighting big audley next.

He doesn't "have" to take the rematch. He's fought to large crowds in Germany for years now against all manner of opponents, and won't have a problem continuing to do so I'd bet.

What I said was that a rematch with Haye, especially in the UK, is easy money in my mind. Haye isn't capable of beating him, even if Sky will do its best to convince the British public otherwise.

Also, it could be said that Haye needs the rematch more than Wladimir does. No one outside the UK gave a shit about Haye before this fight, and even less give a shit about him now.

Early estimates are that it broke the Uk PPV record last night of 1.2 million which was for Hatton/Mayweather. Thats huge man, considering the US record is only 2.4 million. It was all Haye too. Can't believe on a wrestling forum people don't appreciate the way Haye sold a fight with someone the general public couldn't give a toss about. And don't tell me it was Wlad. The please shake my hand shtick was as boring as his fights.

I'm a casual boxing fan and this got me interested because yes Haye was acting like a prick, i watched the fight last night and i saw 2 men who didn't really wanna have a tear up but whatever, match quality doesn't draw record breaking numbers, personalities do and in Haye the Klitschko's have finally found someone who can make them famous outside of Germany.

Both men should be begging (privately) for a rematch as it's the only financially sensible thing for either to do.

Early estimates are that it broke the Uk PPV record last night of 1.2 million which was for Hatton/Mayweather. Thats huge man, considering the US record is only 2.4 million. It was all Haye too. Can't believe on a wrestling forum people don't appreciate the way Haye sold a fight with someone the general public couldn't give a toss about. And don't tell me it was Wlad. The please shake my hand shtick was as boring as his fights.

I said that no one outside the UK gives a toss about Haye. I know he sold the fight here, especially with the slick Sky machine behind him. No one gave a fuck elsewhere though, did they?

The boxing mecca of the US hasn't bought into Haye, and most probably won't after last nights fight. Another fight with Haye won't make Klitschko "a star" outside Germany. That will only happen when the next great US hope comes along to mount a realistic challenge to Wladimir.

It'll take an American with some personality and the ability to at least look competitive against Klitschko before the heavyweight division lights up again.

Until then, both Wladimir & Vitali will continue fighting in front of huge crowds in Germany against the next top contender.

I said that no one outside the UK gives a toss about Haye. I know he sold the fight here, especially with the slick Sky machine behind him. No one gave a fuck elsewhere though, did they?

The boxing mecca of the US hasn't bought into Haye, and most probably won't after last nights fight. Another fight with Haye won't make Klitschko "a star" outside Germany. That will only happen when the next great US hope comes along to mount a realistic challenge to Wladimir.

It'll take an American with some personality and the ability to at least look competitive against Klitschko before the heavyweight division lights up again.

Until then, both Wladimir & Vitali will continue fighting in front of huge crowds in Germany against the next top contender.

1.2 million buys in a country he has never been a draw in. I'd say Kiltschko should be Haye's new best mate. Haye isn't a star in America as his new to the division and Klitschko never will be because he has no personality so forget that. Both men should be looking at making the most money they can and a rematch is easily the best way.

1.2 million buys in a country he has never been a draw in. I'd say Kiltschko should be Haye's new best mate.

Klitschko is as much a draw in the UK as Haye is in Germany. Which means that he isn't. That's not going to change, regardless of how many times Wladimir beats Haye.

Both men should be looking at making the most money they can and a rematch is easily the best way.

When Wlad signs up to fight someone like Povetkin in Germany he'll draw a full house as usual and make some good money. I ask you, outside of the usual boxing fans who buy every major fight anyway, are there any UK fans stupid enough to buy into Haye's latest "next time I'll knock him out" shite and throw down another

Klitschko is as much a draw in the UK as Haye is in Germany. Which means that he isn't. That's not going to change, regardless of how many times Wladimir beats Haye.

Well Klitschko will bring the stadium audience in Germany in and Haye can bring the PPV audience in Britain in. Perfect match. Better than a match that only one country cares about.

When Wlad signs up to fight someone like Povetkin in Germany he'll draw a full house as usual and make some good money. I ask you, outside of the usual boxing fans who buy every major fight anyway, are there any UK fans stupid enough to buy into Haye's latest "next time I'll knock him out" shite and throw down another