*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHQIRIyGxsw&search=rwa Yes another RWA one this time we are all beating each other up

Is this backyard? I didn't see anyone wearing proper ring attire and the wrestling itself, although speedy, looked very uncoordinated.
It's whats called training!!! The purpose of that drill is to improve ring awareness. Sorry if it wasn't to your taste. And how could u have backyard in a hall?? Smarks aren't as smart as they think it seems! ah well

I do have 3 main problems with that training drill...1 : Alot of the strikes were really sloppy...2 : (most importantly) I didn't see a single Sting-esque back hand :(3 : I've never done it...

• Paid Members
Oh jesus i miss this man.The Rock humilates Chyna.A tiny bit of HBK-Rock interaction here.
Was that the only time Rocky and HBK were in the same segment?
Naw, when Rock was WWF champion and leading the Corporation in early 1999 HBK was breifly a heel commissioner with The Corporation and they had a few moments together then too. I distinctly remember one Raw where they was on the ramp together, along with other Corp members, and Rock was doing his, going through other famous wrestling catchphrases thing before getting to 'the most electrifying man...' Shawn seemed to particuarly get a kick out of the 'Best there is, best there was...' mock.

I saw a video under someones name on some thread that had a wrestler doing a nazi salute/march along the ring apron mid match. It looked like Roddy Piper. Can anyone clear this up, is it from Youtube, is it Piper or someone else?By the way, I discovered Youtube after clicking on a Sweet-Chin Abyss link a couple of weeks ago and have loved it since!

Vito, that rwa video your going on about is one of many punching drills on that day, and very fun it was. it was to teach people how to do a Hero spot, like Sting vs NWO on Nitro where he takes them out on his own.I never knew that you had to wear wrestling gear in training, neither do many schools around the world.I don't know what the problem is in wearing tracksuit bottoms or shorts, trainers or t-shirts in a training session anyway?and if it was backyard, it would've been done in a backyard, not indoors in a fully insured wrestling ring, supervised by a professional wrestler.

It's whats called training!!! The purpose of that drill is to improve ring awareness. Sorry if it wasn't to your taste. And how could u have backyard in a hall?? Smarks aren't as smart as they think it seems! ah well

After reading both of the above posts I searched back through the thread to re-read the post in question, interestingly enough the post doesn't actually mention the word 'training' or 'bump drill' a single time. Funny that. How exactly would it be possible for an average Joe to watch this video and automatically know that it's legit training school footage? It looked, to me anyway, like a bunch of guys messing about in a wrestling ring which is why I asked the question (quite nicely I might add) in the first place.Now to address your shockingly ignorant comments about Backyarding. Listen, just because a match takes place within a ring and inside a hall doesn't mean it's not backyarding. Using your warped logic any event that meets your criteria of being 'inside a ring' and 'inside a hall' is a professional event, that's your definition. This is not only the reason why British wrestling is in the toilet, but also a very surprising attitude from people who intend to become the future of the sport in this country yet can't tell a backyard event from a professional one.To quote FMP_RWA, trainee wrestlers aren't as smart as they think it seems! [sic].

It looked, to me anyway, like a bunch of guys messing about in a wrestling ring ....To quote FMP_RWA, trainee wrestlers aren't as smart as they think it seems! [sic].

Sorry for having fun while training, we shall from now on remain straight-faced throughtout the entire time.Anyways it'd be nice to see a training vid of you, So then we can pick away at it and criticize everything about it!

Sorry for having fun while training, we shall from now on remain straight-faced throughtout the entire time.Anyways it'd be nice to see a training vid of you, So then we can pick away at it and criticize everything about it!

I don't really care what you do while training, my point is that I didn't know it was a training video because there was nothing in the initial post to suggest that it was. As I said in my previous post I just watched the video and saw a bunch of guys in a ring, obviously it didn't look like a wrestling match because it actually wasn't one at all - of course I couldn't possibly have known that at the time.

1 : Alot of the strikes were really sloppy...

Sure the strikes were sloppy but next week they will be better and the week after that the strikes will be even better that's the whole idea of training. I'd love to know how people like you and Vito turned up to training the finished article

I was gonna actually write summin long the lines of I'm sure they got better... but got lazy...But I'm not exactly going to stick up an early training video of "look how bad I was"... or possibly in their case "look how bad we are"... as I I don't know how old the vid is... and how much they've improved since then...