The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

On a somewhat similar note, for all you snooker fans out there, theres was a similar result in the first round of the world championships. Higgans was punted down to near 1.10 for his match against Selby, but then lost. Bet alot of people lost a lot of cash on that.

Interesting you bring that up, I for one was going to have a punt on Higgins before the start of play yesterday thinking that even at 6-3 down he had to be worth a small punt at what I thought would be a big price. His odds however? Still 6/4 despite Selby (who himself in hindsight was available at a laughable 10/11 at that point) only had to win another four frames. One of the things I have learnt punting all these years is no matter how good you think a bet is if there is no value in betting on it don't bother as there is always the risk there - that is why it is called a gamble folks - suppose that could be said for the Man Utd/Sunderland thing too but to put the money you essentially have to live on for the next three months on a football match with little meaning (Man Utd wouldn't catch Chelsea and Blunderland were already down) is idiotic and the lad in question deserves everything (or nothing) that he will no doubt get..

Yeah he got Man Utd at 1/9 i think it was and even more shocking was he didn't at least cover the win/draw market on Paddy Power where you get your stake back if there is a draw.He's a fucking idiot for doing it in all honesty but hopefully it'll teach him a lesson. Better it happening now on his own rather than people who are older who you hear about unable to get kids christmas presents or cancel family holidays.

On a somewhat similar note, for all you snooker fans out there, theres was a similar result in the first round of the world championships. Higgans was punted down to near 1.10 for his match against Selby, but then lost. Bet alot of people lost a lot of cash on that.

Interesting you bring that up, I for one was going to have a punt on Higgins before the start of play yesterday thinking that even at 6-3 down he had to be worth a small punt at what I thought would be a big price. His odds however? Still 6/4 despite Selby (who himself in hindsight was available at a laughable 10/11 at that point) only had to win another four frames.
Yep, Higgins cost me a nice Snooker accumulator of first round matches! :sneaky: Got a nice wee 5 team acca up yesterday - Chelsea, Reading, Forest, Carlisle and MK Dons.Carlisle and MK Dons scoring in the dieing seconds to rescue me!Have to have a look at the midweek matches now.....

Im going against Wigan tonight. Going to lay them at 2.28. Smells like a draw, this game. Wigan are on the downward spiral, and have a few key defenders missing. Villa arent exactly a great side, but I fancy them to pick up at least a draw here.

Im going against Wigan tonight. Going to lay them at 2.28. Smells like a draw, this game. Wigan are on the downward spiral, and have a few key defenders missing. Villa arent exactly a great side, but I fancy them to pick up at least a draw here.

The whole "key defenders missing" deal was correct, with Villa putting 2 past them. Shame Wigan put 3 past a usually decent Villa defence though. First home win in 2006 for Wigan. Oh well.

That was your downfall Dai. Villa's defence is horrible most of the time especially when you consider that Mellberg, Delaney and Bouma are all injured. I do realise that this advice is a bit late though. :(