DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infernal affairs: saw it on the now free film four. To be honest it wasa bit of a let down. I was expecting a action packed violent thriller and all there really was was a lot of talking for two hours. Girl interrupted: Angelina Jolie won an oscar for playing the lead characters sociopathic friend and she is the best thing in it. Winona Ryder isn't really sympathetic and comes off as a spoiled brat more than a mentally ill young women. Drastically different from the book.

apprently wolf creek is on Flim 4 tonight. I ve always wanted to see this moive but for some reason never got it on dvd or went to see it. I am Hopeing going out tonight so i gotta try and fix my video record so i can't watch it tomorrow.can someone tell me is it anygood. it sounds a bit like wrong turn (kids getting lost in the woods with a killer after them)

Nothing like Wrong Turn. It isn't bad, but I wasn't all that impressed when I saw it at the cinema - the 2nd half of the film is good though. I have it to watch on DVD and might watch it later tonight again to see if it is any better than I remember it being.

Infernal affairs: saw it on the now free film four. To be honest it wasa bit of a let down. I was expecting a action packed violent thriller and all there really was was a lot of talking for two hours.

Infernal Affairs was great! I actually liked the lack of action for a change. And the fact that there were no major twists, just a logical story arc made it a great film to watch. Edited by CaptainCharisma

Infernal affairs: saw it on the now free film four. To be honest it wasa bit of a let down. I was expecting a action packed violent thriller and all there really was was a lot of talking for two hours.

Infernal Affairs was great! I actually liked the lack of action for a change. And the fact that there were no major twists, just a logical story arch made it a great film to watch.
I'm sure it's good in it's own way. But it's been advertised as this action thriller and it's not. I guess I was expecting martial arts moves and the like.

Das Experiment

This is a German film which explores the pyschological boundaries of mankind. Making reference to the infamous 'Stanford Prison Experiment', 15 or so members of the public to volunteer to go to prison for 14 days for 4,000 DM. Basically, half will be prison guards and half will be prisoners and scientists will monitor them to see how they behave in such condition. As the 18 certificate on this film would suggest, things get dark, very dark. Thats all I'm saying as anymore will spoil it.

The film's leading role is that of Tarek Fahrd played by the very talented Moritz Bleibtreu, who fits the role perfectly, with his strong physical features, his slightly over-dramatic expressions (which no doubt encouraged the film's cult like cliche status) and deleivery of lines. The support cast are also strong, but slightly let down by a sometimes hammy scripit, relying on convention in a very forward-thinking message.

The message itself is really startling and interesting - it makes you think for hours afterwards, and that is thanks to the delievery. The slow burn build up, the use of montage and flash backs, and the abstract camera work with the rigid set design produce a very blood curdling distancing effect, where on reflection everything is striped bare to the true essence of the film.

A cult film, so its not for everyone, but certainly recomended for fans of european or gritty cinema.

Anna Faris fucking sucks, ahhhh i hate that mong!

She's not a particularly good actress, but, in my opinion, Faris does well in the simple, albiet limited, roles that she's cast in. Trading PlacesTwo rich commodity brokers agree to a wager that switches the positions of a street criminal (Eddie Murphy) and an upperclass investor (Dan Aykroyd).Trading Places is regarded as a classic comedy by many and it's easy to see why. It features an engaging and somewhat thought-provoking story that even provides a small degree of social commentary through its main characters. Eddie Murphy, who was in his absolute prime, gives a brilliant performance and so does Dan Aykroyd. They're both brilliant on screen and act their parts flawlessly, making even the simplest lines very funny. With John Landis' once-great direction and a script loaded with funny dialogue, Trading Places is a real gem. It don't think it's aged as well as some other comedies, but it's still an excellent movie. Edited by Van_Dammer

watched wolf creek last nightwasn't the best movie in the world. I would agree with what peolpe told me that the 1st part of the flim is crap but it gets better towards the endit had a kind of 28 days later feel toward(the way it was flimed) that was another movie which in my mind started crap but the last part was really good

• Paid Members

watched wolf creek last nightwasn't the best movie in the world. I would agree with what peolpe told me that the 1st part of the flim is crap but it gets better towards the endit had a kind of 28 days later feel toward(the way it was flimed) that was another movie which in my mind started crap but the last part was really good

ehhh!? i dont get it, lots of people hate Wolf Creek 'cause its slow and nothing 'scary' happens in the first hour...but the first hour is pretty much essential in setting up the ending.

• Paid Members

I thought Wolfcreek was shit. There was no tension in the first or second half. It felt disjointed and the violence occured with little to no relevance.

This man is correct.The very fact that for the film to be scary you have to be afraid of a fat old Australian man is ridiculous. The characters have nothing to them and the atcing is shit. The build-up isn't tense or mood-setting...it's dull. And the fact that the film tries to ocme off as super-realistic but then goes for all the usual horror cliches makes it even worse than it already is.