DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Buying a ton of cheap tapes at the moment. Next on my list was "A League of their Own", which is all about a chicks baseball team. Quite good. Tom Hanks is tremendous in it and the ending always tugs at the heartstrings for me.3/5

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Tim Vine DVD that was recommended in here today, HOLY MOLEY. The funniest stuff I've ever heard, I was laughing so hard I couldn't eat my pizza, it got cold, Just funny funny funny.Whoever said the documentary about his life is sad, I agree, it was really depressing like a clown that goes off stage and cries.

Green Street.Terrible film, and the ending had me cringing.

Ooo, I saw that earlier this week too. Fucking pathetic, agreed. I then watched Football Factory. Absolute class, shows up Green Street for the piss that it is. I highly reccomend it.Also saw Jarhead last night, really good movie. A break from the norm of guts and glory war movies. This movie has nearly no action in it, and instead relies on the characters as its focal point, instead of big battles etc. There's some beautiful cinematography aswell, especially in the oil fields. Edited by lokmad

• Paid Members

onto the last disc of Lost Series 1 (You can get the entire series in one set on region 1).....fantastic, and it's annoying me i won't have time to watch the last disc until monday!!!!

You can also get the entire series in one set on region 2 as of Monday. :thumbsup:Swingers- Really enjoyed this. Never really been a fan of Vince Vaughn but he and Faverau are tremendous in this film. I want to say Vaughn puts in a great acting performance, but i get the impression he's more being himself then palying his character to perfection. Every guy above 18 should really be able to relate to this film in some form. The scene where Faveraus character calls the chick who's number he recieved repeatedly moments after he arrives home is one of the most cringeworthy, frustrating scenes ever, you're just screaming out for him to stop, yet again you can totally relate to and understand what he's doing. The ending for me was a little flat, but nontheless a very enjoyable, amusing film. Swingers is money, so money.

Films I've watched recently, in brief:Capricorn One. 1978 film, an oldie-but-goodie. Plot in one sentence - government fakes Mars landing.Irreversible. An brilliant film, in that it aims to shock and disgust you, and achieves both successfully. I bought this and now I've seen it once really don't want to see it again. I can watch all kinds of Net video clips of skateboarders breaking their arms and all that stuff, but this (even though it's fictional) was worse than all of it. If you've seen it you'll know what I mean.

Saw a free showing of Memoirs of a Geisha on Thursday. Wasn't too impressed on the whole. It looked nice at times, and was mostly entertaining, but was too long at 145-minutes. The acting was acceptable, but nothing too good (which is a pity because the film has a good cast). It will win Oscars (mainly because that was why the film was made), but it was too much style and minimal heart really.

(**1/2)

• Paid Members

Zombie Flesh Eaters - taken me so long to see this, and it was fucking wicked. My only gripe was the middle third of the film was a little pointless, too slow with not much going on, however the last half hour is gore-mania, some great shit going down. Also the zombie/shark battle is genius. Low budget goodness.