DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Black Sheep was a perfect example of a film trying way too hard. It also wasn't sure whether it wanted to be a legit horror with cheesy elements (see almost every 80s horror film ever made) or a comedy that parodies horror (see Shaun of the Dead).

I don't think it matters. Surely you don't need to pigeon hole a movie into a particular genre to enjoy it? I see where your coming from as I remember watching black sheep and thinking similar things. Just see it how you want to see it. I personally thought it was a great film, it was essentially a horror comedy, a genre which is becoming more and more filled out in recent years with stuff like the cottage, which I also quite enjoyed, even if it did have Jenifer Elleson in it.

I thought Black Sheep was a perfect example of a film trying way too hard. It also wasn't sure whether it wanted to be a legit horror with cheesy elements (see almost every 80s horror film ever made) or a comedy that parodies horror (see Shaun of the Dead).

I don't think it matters. Surely you don't need to pigeon hole a movie into a particular genre to enjoy it? I see where your coming from as I remember watching black sheep and thinking similar things. Just see it how you want to see it. I personally thought it was a great film, it was essentially a horror comedy, a genre which is becoming more and more filled out in recent years with stuff like the cottage, which I also quite enjoyed, even if it did have Jenifer Elleson in it.

It mattered more because it actually worked as being a legit horror with cheesy elements. When it tried to be a full on comedy I stopped enjoying it and it was also really jarring to have it jumping between the two throughout.

Also, to be honest, it was quite boring anyway.

• Paid Members

I think it falls inbetween the two categories. Some parts reminded me of stuff like Shaun of the Dead, but some of it was so horribly cheesy that it was funny. I'm not sure if it does fit into one or the other or if it's even trying to but it entertained me at least.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Black Sheep. It's got a similar style of humour as Bad Taste, in that it's ridiculous in where it goes, but it's played straight. Must be an Australasian thing.

I see it this way. It cost

Watched Bronson and really enjoyed it. Tom Hardy is a really good actor and took the part of Bronson and made it his own. Very comical in parts with the unpredictable character of Bronson and just thought the entire look and feel of the film was quite bizarre but genuinely enjoyable.