DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched "Postal" and it's not the godawful piece of shit I was expecting!

I loved the games, but the film looked wank.worth watching?
Meh, its not the worst film in the world. Worth a download for a laugh, the new version is out soon (or is already up for download...cant remember which) Edited by klown

I watched the Producers all the way through for the first time and found all the OTT elements entertaining... ad bought In Bruges recently which I saw in the cinema and has just the right mix of darkness and comedy to suit me.I watched Zoolander again last night too. Some nice silliness with a Star Trek inspired villian.

• Paid Members

Klown, i don't understand why you keep watching films it's pretty much guaranteed you ain't gonna like.whats the point?

Also just recently watched (and enjoyed :) )Kenny - Quirky little mockumentary, really enjoyed it, moves along at a nice pace and some of the one liners are tremendous, best two been "He's about as much use as a one armed brick layer in Baghdad" and "theres a stench down here that will outlast religion" Think this will go onto achieve cult status, and as far as mockumentaries go, at least its a damn sight better than Best In Show.
Best In Show is great! what the fuck!?!

• Paid Members

I watched Harsh Times last night, pretty bloody good. Christian Bale and Freddy Rodriguez worked really well together, and I realised how much more I prefer Bale when he's playing a nutbar, particularly liked the scenes where he's taking tests for Homeland Security. I also liked the feel it gave of being a road-trip in a tiny town. Definitely worth checking out.

Klown, i don't understand why you keep watching films it's pretty much guaranteed you ain't gonna like.whats the point?

Also just recently watched (and enjoyed :) )Kenny - Quirky little mockumentary, really enjoyed it, moves along at a nice pace and some of the one liners are tremendous, best two been "He's about as much use as a one armed brick layer in Baghdad" and "theres a stench down here that will outlast religion" Think this will go onto achieve cult status, and as far as mockumentaries go, at least its a damn sight better than Best In Show.
Best In Show is great! what the fuck!?!
You know, I have the strangest excuse for not rating that show, we had booked out it about 3 weeks before it was due for release, the night we booked it out was 9/11 and it been the small local video shop that it was, it was booked out for weeks after that, so we just said, feck it and rented it and watched it anyway. I guess my mind was transfixed with everything else that was going out. Saying that, I've never been tempted to go back and re-watch it.

Yeah, it's ok.It won't win any Oscar's or anything, but It's a hour and a half of the same humour you get in the games.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's ok.It won't win any Oscar's or anything, but It's a hour and a half of the same humour you get in the games.
Awesome, might have to check it out.Any cat-shotguns?

• Paid Members

Planet Terror

Great fun. Good old fashioned blood and guts horror that impressively manages to stay on the right side of the "knowing B-movie kitsch"/Shitty cringeworthy parody" line. Gruesome, very entertaining, some surprisingly good performances and the perfect amount of insane action that makes no logical sense, which is just what you'd want from it. Oh, and Rose McGowan is hot to a frankly ludicrous degree. I'm not convinced she's entirely human.

Also watched Robot Chicken Wars. It's about as hit and miss as the show itself, but for me I find the hits in Robot Chicken can justify its existence. "A day in the life of Ponda Baba" is a hilariously tragic sketch.

Edited by JLM

strange wilderness- failing wild life show team searchs for bigfoot. A very funny cast with some hit and miss gags.

semi pro- set in 70s semi pro basketball team try to make it to nba - farrell is funny as ever, some great lines here.

drillbit taylor- highschool kids hire ex army bum to protect them from bullys - fun movie with some very funny moments.

3 good comedys. all are worth watching. sorry for lame short reveiws.

harold and kumar escape guantanamo bay - picks up where first movie left off harold and kumar are on there way to amsterdam but get mistaken for terrorists and sent to quantanamo bay they escape and are on run and another crazy adventure. darn good sequel, fookin funny stuff. worth checking out if you liked the first movie and neil patrick harris is back and is funnier than ever.

vacancy - a couples car breaks down, they get a room in road side motel. they discover a video of previous quests being killed. they find cameras in there room and quickly realize that unless they escape they'll be the next victims of a snuff film. very suspenseful, has scary moments. i really liked it so id say check it out.

pineapple express - stoner witness's a murder now him and his pot dealer are on the run from a drug lord and his goons and a crooked lady cop. its a weed action movie. caught this at the cinema last night was laughing start to finish. i fucking loved this movie.