WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

'YYZ' by Rush on Guitar Hero II. Fourteen times a day approximately.Dun-dun-dundundun-dun-dun-dundundun etc...

Doo-diddle-diddle-doo doo, doo-diddle-diddle-diddle doo doooo...If they can secure Voodoo Chile, All Right Now and - here's hoping - STAIRWAY - then GHIII will be a fretfest. More MOR next time please :)

Finished the story part of Canis Canem Edit. The penultimate mission is rather disappointing, but the final "subdue all the gang leaders, then go for the top guy" boss rush is pretty cool.I'm now going to try for 100% before I sell it.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I thought you'd never ask... Lots of Pro Evo 6 as ever. Random Selection Match has been fuelling the multiplayer sessions recently. Either assembling a squad from two to four teams using a particular theme (Disgraced Italian clubs, Teams Liverpool beat on the way to Istanbul, Sporting/Benfica/Porto plus the Portugal national squad etc), or just picking by continent (Team African Nations~!) or league (Premiership "all stars" starring Hameur Bouazza and Mart Poooooooooooooooooooooooom). Other stuff... Wii Sports Bowling, many four player marathon sessions. My best is still only 225 though. :(Wario Ware has been revitalised simply because I'm introducing new people to it. Despite the fact that it could do with more content it's still the high point of the series to date for me. Bungee Buddies and the Mini-wario Dance routine boss stage are two of the best things ever. I also got Rayman Raving Rabbids recently. Fun fun fun. Excite Truck I've only had a quick go at so far and I sucked balls at it. It'll take a bit of practise. Motorstorm and Resistance on PS3. Motorstorm is a fine launch game, looks lovely and is satisfying to play. Resistance is good, better than good in co-op mode but it has a number of flaws that I noticed even after just a weekend's sporadic play. Bugs, bland and stupid enemies and unimaginitive level design tarnish a game that at times looks great and has solid gameplay. Def Jam Icon. I hate it. I really hate it. I've posted this elsewhere. They have ruined a tremendous series. Whaddelse Whaddelse... Phoenix Wright 2 on the DS will be started soon. I bought Pikmin for a fiver also, so that's on the "to play" list along with Eternal Darkness and the two Metroid Prime games on the 'cube. Oh, and my cousin has imported the new Harvest Moon game on the 'cube, so if she ever leaves it alone for 10 minutes I might give that a go as well.Last night we busted out the Saturn. Played a lot of the still amazingly great Guardian Heroes, interspersed with Virtua Fighter 2, Golden Axe: The Duel, Sega Rally, Streetfighter Alpha 2, Puzzle Fighter and Saturn Bomberman. Later in the week we'll be doing Dreamcast night. Rival Schools, many King of Fighters Games, Garou: Mark of the wolves, Last Blade 2, Guilty Gear X and probably some more beat'em up goodness. And Chu Chu Rocket, obviously.Failing any of that, SF3: Third Strike on the Xbox or Mario Kart Double Dash on the Gamecube are multiplayer staples in this household. Tonight though, the Saturn remains out for the purposes of Death Tank~! and Athlete Kings~!. Hell yes.

Edited by JLM

Only just started playing the original God Of War last week, utterly brilliant, about 70% through at the moment, stunning visuals and loving the brilliant combos.Hope to get it finished this week.On the last level on NSMB on the DS. Bastard level.Need to get back into Mario 64 DS and try to finish Phoenix Wright as well.

• Admin

You can't have a Dreamcast night without NBA Showtime and Powerstone (the ORIGINAL, not the sequal). Thems the rules.And yes, the dance routine on Wario Ware is the greatest. Also, a cow-throwing contest on Rayman with your mates is a good laugh, if only because of the incredible gurning faces people make while attempting to set the new record.

• Awards Moderator

that's on the "to play" list along with Eternal Darkness and the two Metroid Prime games on the 'cube.

I just bought and started Eternal Darkness last week. I also felt that after owning it for four years, I really should play Metroid Prime properly, so I've been slogging through that. Well worth the wait, totally immersive.And I still can't stop playing Guitar Hero. And infinite amounts of Everybody's Golf on PSP.

• Paid Members

STILL regularly playing GHII. Still one of the top games ever made... and the only main song I can't nail on expert is freaking Freebird... 5 minutes of boredom (the song rocks, the first 5 minutes to play are dull... but that's me personally, it's just too slow when ya just waiting for that fast bit to kick in), and then it goes nuts... and ya end up failing... bastard!Took the Wii into work last Friday (Oh we worked really hard that day... yup... there goes the flying green pig), and had some good games of bowling, golf and such there... yet I was the only person to play bowling to NOT get a strike... it's my game dammit!

• Awards Moderator

STILL regularly playing GHII. Still one of the top games ever made... and the only main song I can't nail on expert is freaking Freebird... 5 minutes of boredom (the song rocks, the first 5 minutes to play are dull... but that's me personally, it's just too slow when ya just waiting for that fast bit to kick in), and then it goes nuts... and ya end up failing... bastard!

It's so repetitive though! Lots and lots of hammer-ons. Jordan, now that's a nightmare. Buckethead is an arsehole.

Welcome to Gwailo's Gaming on a Budget.

I'm unemployed, meaning I have all the time in the world to play games, but no money to buy new ones with. Praise be, then, for Computer Exchange and horrendous depreciation as I can now pick up past classics for silly money.

Recently, I've played through and finished Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (

• Admin

PoP: Sands Of Time is absolutely fantastic, I loved this game from start to finish. The sequels weren't anywhere near as playable in my opinion.Black2: Metroid Prime really is fantastic isn't it? I played it all the way to the final final boss which I still cannot beat. Since I originally got to it about 2 years ago I've booted the Gamecube up a couple of times to try and beat it and I still can't :( . It deeply saddens me, to this day. I even played it once on the Wii recently with a similar outcome. Still, an absolutely terrfic game but I can't bring myself to play Echoes or any other Metroid games until I finish Prime :( .I'm not playing much of anything at the moment really. I bought Tiger Woods for the Wii a couple of weeks ago but I've played it just once, not because it was rubbish (I only played it for like 30 minutes) but I'm just not motivated for gaming at the moment.That said, play my DS every now and then, if only for Yoshi Touch & Go which thanks to JLM's praise and my utter ineptness at trading the right games in (Sonic Rush is lost forever :( ) I stuck with and have since fell in love with it. It really is a brilliant game which makes great use of the touch screen. I'm currently looking out for a cheap copy of Kirby: Power Paintbrush which is developed by the same team. Has anyone played it?

• Paid Members

Hmmm I was actually dreaming about Lego Star Wars last night. I was running around with Han Solo and Chewbacca trying to find minikits and shooting Stormtroopers...And then I found a ghost in my bedroom and was shooing it out of the window with a sweeping brush.