WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube and I have to say it is absolutely fucking awesome, killed the first couple of bosses and getting ready to go into the church. It is so different to the other games in the series and yet it still retains the feel of a RE game. It also looks amazing and shows what an amazing machine the Gamecube is.

games for a pound? it costs more to get the bus into town to shoplift them!anyway, I'm still playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 occasionally (find myself going back whenever I see a new mod map out) and was kicking arse on my own fed in Extreme Warfare Revenge. Started as cult level and made national, hired b-level names to put over my new guys (Meanie, Godfather, Saturn, etc) and was doing great, until I got offered a job with WWE, and then suddenly no-one is happy, the fans don't get behind the guys i'm trying to push and no-one can get over with any but the most boring gimmicks.on consoles: I have the Sonic collection (xbox) that I've barely touched (since x-mas for christ's sake :sly: ) and the Transformers game (ps2) that is still in it's wrapper. got soul calibur 2 cheap ages ago, and actually forgot I had it till looking on my shelf there. still haven't finished San Andreas (ps2) even though I got nearly to the end within the first few months of it being out (and I piss about way too much with misc crap on it, so I'm relatively proud) I've just not picked it up again in ages. Ape Escape is a good platformer if you see it cheap (either ps1 or the ps2 sequel are great) and I still go back and replay that. Have yet to go back to Lego Star Wars, but think I might have to soon, what with the new one coming out an all.

• Paid Members

Yes, go back to Lego Star Wars you must.I went back to it recently, convinced a friend to embrace the light-hearted lego brilliance that also has an amazing Star Wars "feel" about it and would still be a fun action adventure game even without the license. Went through it in co-op for the second time and it was just as much fun. I need to do a proper co-op run through on free play next and try and unlock everything I don't have yet before the new one comes out. So much care and attention went into that game with all the little touches and bonuses that I cannot wait for the second one. From the sounds of the previews and pre-release spiels it's unlikely to disappoint:

Expands upon all of the fun and creativity that made the original LEGO Star Wars such a hit, this time set during the original three Star Wars films (Episodes IV, V, VI).For the first time ever, build and ride vehicles (landspeeders, AT-STs, speeder bikes and more) and mount creatures (from the banthas of desert Tatooine to the tauntauns of frigid Hoth) through on-foot levels.Now, all non-droid characters - not just those with the Force - have the power to build.Unlock more than 50 playable characters, from cultural icons like Luke, Leia and Darth Vader to fan favorites such as Greedo, Jawas and Gamorrean guards.Unlock up to 54 more playable characters with a game save from the original LEGO Star Wars (consoles/Windows).Create unique playable characters like Yoda Kenobi, Lando Fortuna and millions more by mixing and matching the LEGO body parts of all playable characters.In Free Play mode, experience the Original Trilogy in a new way by importing any character into land levels, or switch between vehicles at will in space levels. Make Darth Maul a hero of the Rebellion, or destroy the Death Star with a TIE fighter!Character-specific attacks include Chewbacca pulling enemies' arms out of their sockets - :laugh:, Vader's Force choke, Leia's "slap" melee attack and many more.Tongue-in-cheek humor presents the Original Trilogy in a manner only LEGO can put together, with comical reinterpretations of classic Star Wars scenes and elements.Solve a greater variety of puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.The adaptive difficulty option creates more challenging gameplay for Jedi Master gamers - the better you do, the tougher it gets.Cooperative gameplay encourages teamwork in a fun way and features a revamped camera for an optimal gameplay experience

I wasn't aware of the compatibility with saves from the first game before now. Having a roster of 100+ characters from all six films to use in free play mode sounds absolutely brilliant. I need to find a screenshot of Lego Jabba the Hutt now. Oh, and I'm making a character with Darth Vader's headgear and Darth Maul's torso/weapon. It will murderize and breathe heavily. Or some kind of light-saber wielding type with a tie fighter pilot's helmet, because they look cool as hell. And the obligatory Chewbacca + Slave Leia's body. Edited by JLM

So, Spider-Man 2 then.I'm rather enjoying it, even if it is wildly uneven. It lurches from hand-holding (>Spidey gets blasted< "To avoid an attack, press 'O', you dolt") to insanely difficult (the three-stage Mysterio battle that has taken me the best part of two hours) and back again with alarming regularity.Having a highly convincing New York City to swing about in is awesome though. It's like Grand Theft Spidey. You can run around at street level, swing through Times Square, climb the Empire State Building... Stumbling across random crimes and punishing the perps is pretty cool too.Max Payne 2. Really hard to control. On the PC version, using a keyboard & mouse (a control method I hate), I made it to the end boss. On the PS2, with the Dualshock 2, I can't even finish the first episode. :( It's going back on the shelf for a few days.Also, I downloaded SCUMMVM for my Mac. I can finally play Sam & Max Hit the Road again! :D

Just started playing Gun. It's pretty good but the story feels rushed somehow, you meet this person they're dead, you do work for this person they betray you, you meet someone else they're dead.... Some brutal visuals in there.Fun game though.

Found Shadow of Memries while tidying up the other night and remembered I hadn't finished it.Popped it in, started from scratch, less than five hours later it's finished.Not bad for an early PS2 game. Rather hand-holdy and the voice acting (with the exception of Homunculus) is abysmal. The time-travel gimmick is quite neat though and the story's quite fun.Annoyingly, I've just found out there's five other endings (good; the one I got was crap). Thankfully, the points for triggering these are in chapters 5 & 8 and I've got a chapter 4 save on one of my memory cards, so I don't have to do the whole lot again.Now that's done, it's now back to the flying school on GTA:SA.Two other things:-1) I've downloaded MacMAME. If anyone can hit me up with ome ROM sources, I'd be grateful. I don't fancy downloading a 13GB torrent.2) Yesterday, my fifty-year-old mother tells me she wants an old SNES so she can play Mario Kart again. +10 Cool Points. :D