WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

I just finished Half Life 2. Amazing, amazing game, but like the first one... WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT ALL ABOUT? I hate the fact that they didn't bother explaining anything and pretty much had the exact same "Now buy the next Half Life!" ending.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Are there any football with quirky rules games that last for more than five minutes, aside from FIFA Street?

Sega Soccer slam is great fun but it only has a good lifespan as a multiplayer game. The games are three on three, no corners, goal kicks, fouls or throw ins, kerrazy characters, downright silly super shots and there's a 'hit' button which is very satisfying when playing as the larger characters. Edited by JLM

• Awards Moderator

I also dug out San Andreas for a while. Those of you (all right, I mean Black2) who're complaining about the early missions really ought to stick with it...

Too late - it got exchanged for a shiny DS.I still maintain that SA sucked all the fun out of the franchise. I'm sticking with Vice City for the GTA-related fix.And Silent Hill3 is great. SH2 is the pinnacle of the series, but as long as you've played 1 & 2 then 3 has lots of lovely connections to the other games.

I like my management games so I just got myself "The Movies" which so far has been a blast, nothing like not hiring enough builders and then building up a huge lot and panicking when suddenly all your buildings start melting in front of you!!Is great fun tho.Also still playing star wars galaxies... here's some pics of my character! :puser posted imageAs a Sith....user posted imageAs a Jedi (in disguise :p)

• Admin

Mario Smash Football, as I'm having to unlock the super cups for my son.It's fairly fun, but some of the arenas slowdown unacceptably. On the plus side Peach and Daisy look hot in football strips.Are there any football with quirky rules games that last for more than five minutes, aside from FIFA Street?

I was all ready to roll out Sega Soccer Slam but JLM already got there.I have to admit I was tempted to buy Smash Football but your review has put me off :(.FIFA Street was unspeakably awful, by the way.

• Admin

I'm a bit underwhelmed by Lumines. It's fun but not really compulsive. Having to start out with the same music on each new game is frustrating, because I can't stand the first tune on the list.

Just wait until it *clicks* and you'll be hooked, I promise. Best puzzle game since Tetris, I think.

• Admin

I forgot to add I'm playing Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on the Xbox at the moment. I've read it's better than the previous PoP which I hope is true because Warrior Within was frustrating from the very first level and I just didn't bother to play on.So far I'm still doing the tutorial bit as I've had so little time to play but hopefully I'll get stuck into it soon.I'm also playing Tiger Woods 06 on and off because, well, Tiger Woods rules.

• Moderators

What do you think of the new system for taking shots in the 06 version? I was a little skeptical at first.... but it's actually really good once you get used to it.That said, I seem to be the only person that prefers Tiger on the PS2 to Tiger on XBox... apart from the incredibly slow loading times on the PS2, the feel of the game is just better.

• Admin

I'm not a particularly advanced Tiger Woods player I just tend to play it in massive binges. The only differences in the shot system that I'm aware of is the putting which is quite challenging and I know you have to use the right thumbstick now to change where you hit the ball. I never use that anyway, I'm just not that clever!I've always played it on the Xbox so I don't really know any different.

A few i've been playing are:Smackdown vs Raw 2006, good fun, my caw is the unified champion.The Warriors, pretty violent, but fun to play, currently getting frustrated with the level where you have to compete with rival gangs at tagging.50 Cent: Bulletproof, very poor game, nothing special at all.King Kong, fun but quite easy, really like the level where you first play as Kong.:)

• Awards Moderator

The Warriors, pretty violent, but fun to play, currently getting frustrated with the level where you have to compete with rival gangs at tagging.

Set your gang to "Watch My Back" and keep an eye on the map for the next available paint can - then get there first.Far more annoying are any parts involving a boss character - rubbish.