WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys I need some recomendations. Being at the very cutting edge of the gaming industry I've just discovered Deus Ex and absolutely love it. I've completed it now and was totally addicted to the open ended game play and futuristic / post apocalyptic setting. I'm now rocking an X-box 360 and was wondering if any of you out there could recomend a similar FPS / RPG typle title.

Okay guys I need some recomendations. Being at the very cutting edge of the gaming industry I've just discovered Deus Ex and absolutely love it. I've completed it now and was totally addicted to the open ended game play and futuristic / post apocalyptic setting. I'm now rocking an X-box 360 and was wondering if any of you out there could recomend a similar FPS / RPG typle title.

Mass Effect is the first game that comes to mind. Not a first person shooter though. Check out some of the video reviews online.

• Awards Moderator

Good taste that man. On other "great old shit by Spector" you should check out the System Shock games.(Having said that, I last played System Shock when it first came out in 1993 and it was revolutionary at the time - the story's still good I'm sure but the controls would seem cumbersome now).Mass Effect is a good choice, what about Bioshock? Quite free-spirited like Deus Ex, a bit cerebral too.

Mass Effect is a good choice, what about Bioshock? Quite free-spirited like Deus Ex, a bit cerebral too.

Bioshock is awsome, I borrowed that from a mate and played it continuously for a week till it was completed. Only down side was the slightly repetative game play, the look and feel was superb. (I see they're making a movie of it now) I might have to give mass effect a go, I prefer first person to thrid person games but i'll trust the recomendation. Any other suggestions?

You might want to try Assasin's Creed too - open ended, open world gameplay and lots of sneaking around breaking in to places like Deus Ex.Otherwise I'd say pick up the Orange Box, and play HalfLife 2 and Portal. For futuristic settings and all that, they can't be beat. Halflife 2 is a bit fucking long and drawn out though, I got distracted halfway through and never even made it to Episode 1.

Give Deus Ex 2 a try. Unfortunately they made some changes that weren't for the better, dumbing down some of the charcter parts like the skill points and bio-mods, and they made all the guns have the same ammo which was just annoying, but it was still a very good game, and you get alot more choice on how to follow the story. I think there were 3 paths you could take where you could completely avoid elements of the other 2 paths, apart from some key places like the start and the end. This came out on the X-Box, I'm not sure if it's compatable with the 360 but it's worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive recently got Pro Evolution on the Wii. It was quite difficult to get into but i'm enjoying it now. But if anyone on here has it, is there anyway to do a 2 player legaue or cup??? Me and my brother tried but cant work out how?

LEGO Indiana Jones question:

Can anyone tell me what's different between the Xbox 360, Wii, and PS2 versions?

I'd like to get it for the PS2 because it's cheaper, among other reasons, but not if it's a significantly inferior game. In which case, it's down to getting it for either the Wii or 360, so a comparison would be helpful there as well. Sadly though reviews tend not to hold different formats up against each other.

360 is the best version, followed by Wii, followed by PS2.Anyone thinking of getting Race Driver: Grid? I was a big fanof Gran Turismo back when I had a PSOne, and this looks like a very similar game for the 360/PS3.

From what I've read, Grid is a definitive driving game, not in that it excels above all the other driving games, but in that it walks a fine line between being a racing sim and an arcade game. So it would appeal to the majority of racing game fans.I'm not fond of driving sims, and I love the arcade-type racing games, but I might try Grid out anyway.