WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Does anyone know the realease date for Fifa 2006, Pro Evo 5 and WWE SVR 2006?

For the PS2 versions;Fifa 2006 - 30th September (wait for pes though)Pro Evo 5 - 21st October (going to be fuking class)WWE SVR 2006 - 11th of November (PSP version not out until early December)On the subject of Fifa/PES, in my uni halls just now, most of my flatmates are "FIFA lovers". Just wait until I bring PES5 on the 21st of next month. :D Edited by amg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

After having it sitting around for ages i put Metal Gear SnakeEater on. Most ppl say this is crap but i injoyed it and found the bossis took a bit more skill then 1's on the old metal gears.

Guest Snitsky Owes The Warlord

Pro Evo 5 on the PS2 is cracking, best footy game out right nowseeing as Fifa 2006 was such rubbish...Fifa in my opinion has taken a massive step backwards this year, by trying to replicate Pro Evos simplicity they have made the game slow paced, graphically poor and gameplay wise hidious.I have both Fifa 2006 on Xbox and Ps2 and they are equally bad.Pro Evo is loverly, but at the Moment Winning Eleven 9 on the PSPis shading my footy time (Mainly because I can score screamers all day)Fifa 2006 6/10 (ps2 + Xbox)Pro Evolution 5 8.5/10 (PS2)Winning Eleven 9 10/10 (PSP)

My mini review of Burnout: Revenge (or how to make a game that makes you want to hang yourself).In the ten months since the release of Burnout 3, one thing has certainly become clear. All of the games testing staff at Criterion have either been made redundant, are dead or perhaps both.Burnout: Revenge is one of the most bugged, shoddily programmed pieces of garbage I have ever had the misfortune of paying for.I'm a huge fan of the Burnout series and managed to overlook the one or two problems Burnout 3 had (crashing, lock-up) because it was a ton of fun to play. This time, the problems are so severe, it stops any kind of enjoyment I can have with it.Problems with the draw distance are frequent. I don't know how many times i've crashed my car because an object or barricade appears just in front of my car. Several problems with the game crashing in between races. My car magically exploding mid-race without hitting ANYTHING at all, the on screen display disappearing on two particular tracks, falling through the floor into a nicely lit void underneath (twice being placed back on the track, the other falling forever) and countless other graphical bugs (being able to see through buildings when you drive next to them etc).Another massive problem is the utter lack of common sense with car respawning. Many times have seen me being taken out in the race, only to be respawed in the oncoming lane with a bus in front of me, resulting in another crash and more wasted time. Other times has seen my car respawned right in front or a barrier or wall, leaving me no alternative but to reverse out of the predicament and try a salvage what is left of the race.The new crashbreaker races are stupid. Why do I now have a weapon that the opposition can't use? I have to say, I prefer a more level playing field. The times I have used it have resulted in more problems, with the cars i've supposdly taken out being respawned ahead of me, sometimes way ahead.The majority of the cars are a complete waste of time, with most of them sharing the exact same stats with only cosmetic differences setting them apart (although to be fair, this also existed a little in B3).The crash mode was something I really loved about Burnout 3 and something else they've managed to ruin. Not only does it have fewer crash tracks than its prequel, but as you progress, most of them are repeated or are the exact same track with an ever so-slight change in starting position.All in all then, it all feels a tad rushed out to me, probably the result of the Criterion buy-out by EA. Back to the shop it goes, as i'll pick it up again when the Xbox 360 version comes out in 6 months or so, hopefully minus the above problems.(Before anyone says anything, i've tried two different copies on two different Xbox's, all with the same results.)

Guest Snitsky Owes The Warlord

I am rubbish at that game, utterly rubbish.I cant even control the dive on the training level.Far Cry is the only thing on my Xbox right now.Winnined Elelven 9 on the PSP is still rocking my cock.

Guest Ashley

So, who wants to own up to having Nintendogs?

Guilty. :( It's quite a fun game, i have the Dachshund one, it uses the vioce element of the DS to command your dog. :)

• Awards Moderator

Guilty. :( It's quite a fun game, i have the Dachshund one, it uses the vioce element of the DS to command your dog. :)
Way to break the stereotype there.I've heard the voice control is awful, what's your thoughts?

Guest Ashley

Way to break the stereotype there.I've heard the voice control is awful, what's your thoughts?
It's not too bad i think, you have to be pretty clear with your commands though.

Rainbow 6 Lockdown and Far Cry Instincts on Xbox. Plus Halo 2 still.Lockdown is decent. The RPG like PEC mode works well once you have put a few hours in online. You will be getting owned alot when you start though and you will get pissed. Far Cry is fucking awesome online and the single player is top notch too. Go as far to say its the best console FPS since Halo 2. Plays like a mix of Ghost Recon and Halo. Predator mode is disgusting and just regular slayer games are fuckign solid too. Havent even got started ont the map editor which is incredibly deep for a console. People have already started making some excellent maps online. Be playing this and Battlefield 2 for the next few months if you got an Xbox and its online.

Currently playing through my birthday games haul.Mario BaseballBurnout: RevengeFootball Manager 2006Before anyone asks how I got Football Manager 2006, I work for SI as most people know, so I've got my copy a bit earlier.It's a good game.Haven't had that much of a chance to play the other two games yet, but since I'm going away for a long weekend and taking the consoles with me, I'm sure I'll get a chance to fully playtest them.

Clearing out my study on Sturday, I stumbled across a copy of Black & White, which I didn't even know I owned.It's pretty good fun, but I could do without the Creature, though. I chose the ape thing and so far it has managed to let two villagers drown, accidentally eaten a third, eaten the Toy Ball and taken a dump around the back of the Temple. :angry: The Creature just seems to be an extra conceit thrown in to make things more difficult in an otherwise good God sim.Most fun bit so far? Dropping a large rock on a villager who wouldn't shut up. :D

Just dumped a few games down GAME and picked up Dynasty Warriors 5 and Spartan Total Warrior.First impressions, Dynasty is okay, about the same as ever just a bit more involved, plenty of headlong rushes across battlefields to rescue your lords etc.Spartan... Clever little title, some good points, a good few negative ones though, seems very hard for what it is (having trouble with level 4) but I'm sure perserverence will see me through, my first time with 2 swords instead of sword/shield was highly amusing!Bleh, still stuck on playing Everquest II and SWG tho.