The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Has Sean Waltman ever wrestled Rob Van Dam?

Yes. Don't know how often, but im sure they opened the show at a Glasgow house show at the secc back in April 2002. Don't know if they ever had a match on tv though.

I've just been reading Chokehold, and the author mentions a plane crash that killed a guy called Bobby Shane, and injured Austin Idol, Johny Valentine and Ric Flair.But, in Flairs own book, the people he lists as being on the plane with him are Valentine, Tim Woods, Bob Bruggers and David Crockett.Can someone explain where the confusions come from?

I've just been reading Chokehold, and the author mentions a plane crash that killed a guy called Bobby Shane, and injured Austin Idol, Johny Valentine and Ric Flair.But, in Flairs own book, the people he lists as being on the plane with him are Valentine, Tim Woods, Bob Bruggers and David Crockett.Can someone explain where the confusions come from?

Three options:-1) Both authors are very old and, therefore, possibly not right in the head and may not remember the details exactly.2) The ghostwriters know fuck-all about wrestling (major clue: does "Brett Harte" appear anywhere in either book?).3) Planes can be quite big. Might of been a whole lotta wrestlers on it.

Three options:-1) Both authors are very old and, therefore, possibly not right in the head and may not remember the details exactly.2) The ghostwriters know fuck-all about wrestling (major clue: does "Brett Harte" appear anywhere in either book?).3) Planes can be quite big. Might of been a whole lotta wrestlers on it.
The plane crash in which Johnny Valentine was crippled and Flair broke his back was in an 8 seater. The guys on board were Bruggers, Valentine, Woods, Crockett, Flair and the pilot. I suspect Chokehold either just got things wrong, or maybe confused it with another plane crash that I know nothing about.

• Paid Members

Two completely separate plane crashes. One killed Bobby Shane, with Austin Idol surviving. I think it was in Florida. The other is the more famous one in the Carolinas which ended Valentine's career, injured Flair and killed the pilot.

Yes. Don't know how often, but im sure they opened the show at a Glasgow house show at the secc back in April 2002. Don't know if they ever had a match on tv though.
I am amazed that these two have never had a TV or taped match considering they are about the same age and have very similar gimmicks (their martial arts influenced offence, not to mention their love of the weed) but thinking about it when Sean was in NJPW, Rob was in AJPW and when Sean was criss-crossing between WWF & WCW, Rob was in ECW. Have they even been in the same promotion together apart from 2001 WWF? This match has suddenly entered my 'dream match' list, even if it is nearly 10 years too late.

I am amazed that these two have never had a TV or taped match considering they are about the same age and have very similar gimmicks (their martial arts influenced offence, not to mention their love of the weed) but thinking about it when Sean was in NJPW, Rob was in AJPW and when Sean was criss-crossing between WWF & WCW, Rob was in ECW. Have they even been in the same promotion together apart from 2001 WWF? This match has suddenly entered my 'dream match' list, even if it is nearly 10 years too late.
I'm also sure I remember them having a bout on WWE TV sometime in the summer of '01. RVD was a member of the alliance - and X-Pac was a member of the "WWF" - and yet RVD was being cheered over Pac - due to him being the most popular member of the alliance and Pac the least popular member of the WWF group. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I remember that. I seem to remember JR mentioning something about "Both of these men are wearing kick pads, and you can only do that if you've had extensive experience in Japan Paul...."Can anyone confirm?

I'm also sure I remember them having a bout on WWE TV sometime in the summer of '01. RVD was a member of the alliance - and X-Pac was a member of the "WWF" - and yet RVD was being cheered over Pac - due to him being the most popular member of the alliance and Pac the least popular member of the WWF group. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I remember that. I seem to remember JR mentioning something about "Both of these men are wearing kick pads, and you can only do that if you've had extensive experience in Japan Paul...."Can anyone confirm?
Now you mention it, I do remember the Smackdown before Invasion had Jeff Hardy and X-Pac vs Kidman and RVD. RVD pinned X-Pac with the Five Star Frog Splash if I remember right. Have it on tape, will check it later. Edited by bwo

They had a match on Raw in 2002 when X-Pac was in the NWO. RVD won, I think it may have been a King Of The Ring qualifier.

When was the last time someone played two different characters on TV at the same time, like the current Simon Dean/Nova situation? I don't mean if it was part of their gimmick, like Foley. But where WWE havn't actually acknowledged they are the same person.

When was the last time someone played two different characters on TV at the same time, like the current Simon Dean/Nova situation? I don't mean if it was part of their gimmick, like Foley. But where WWE havn't actually acknowledged they are the same person.

Probably Steve Lombardi. He was doing Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz ("on strike" in the crowd") while still appearing as the Brooklyn Brawler in the ring. I think. I'm pretty sure when he was doing the Bushwhackers kangaroo, he was also still wrestling under at least one gimmick - possibly Doink, or possibly still BB as well.