The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Can anyone tell me why WWE Classics was dropped by Sky?

If you're talking about actual WW(F)E classics then it was as a result of the lawsuit with the Panda people- the constant references to "the WWF" and all that. If you're talking about more recently, WCW Classics simply wasn't doing the ratings, and fell foul of the new TV deal with WWE...

• Paid Members

Related to the above post.I was just wondering if anybody knew why the WWF Classics changed from the VERY old show with matches with a very young Hennig and Eddie Gilbert tagging to the 1987 stuff? and perhaps when too? Cheers.

Related to the above post.I was just wondering if anybody knew why the WWF Classics changed from the VERY old show with matches with a very young Hennig and Eddie Gilbert tagging to the 1987 stuff? and perhaps when too? Cheers.

I can only give rough estimates on this. WWF Classics debuted around the time of Wrestlemania 17, and ran for about a year with the Championship Wrestling programme. It was boring as hell for the most part, and ended just before it was about to get interesting (Iron Shiek had just come in, and it was maybe a month or 2 away from the title change). They then showed Wrestling Challenge from its very first show- about Aug/Sept 86. So I'm guesstimating it would have been shortly after Wrestlemania X8...

Can anyone tell me why WWE Classics was dropped by Sky?

If you're talking about actual WW(F)E classics then it was as a result of the lawsuit with the Panda people- the constant references to "the WWF" and all that. If you're talking about more recently, WCW Classics simply wasn't doing the ratings, and fell foul of the new TV deal with WWE...
Ace. Cheers.Another thing - it The Fink just reserved for Wrestlemanias now or does he do certain other PPVs too?

Skimming through Google on an unrelated search and stumbled on this:

Now for more good news, Kendo Nagasaki has won his court case and has been awarded all costs will be paid for by the neighbours who took him and his company to court. This must be a huge relief to Kendo and I for one am glad it's finally sorted out.

What was that all about?

• Moderators

Skimming through Google on an unrelated search and stumbled on this:

Now for more good news, Kendo Nagasaki has won his court case and has been awarded all costs will be paid for by the neighbours who took him and his company to court. This must be a huge relief to Kendo and I for one am glad it's finally sorted out.

What was that all about?
He had one of those comedic property border battles with one of his neighbours over the placement of a hedge.

• Paid Members

I was watching Fox and Friends today and a guy by the name of Brian Kilmeade came on. I haven't got the tape to hand but could somebody confirm that he commentated on a UFC PPV and what one was it. Thank you.Oh and how often are UFC PPV's held. Is it every month?