The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What can anyone tell me about the British promotion, TWA. All I know is that Juventud Guerrera wrestled for them in November 2002 in Bournemouth, against Zebra Kid and then in a six-man tag team match the same night which also featured Ricky Knight. Is there any way of getting hold of this event?! Just thought it'd be pretty interesting to see Juvi and Ricky in the ring together...

ECW Hardcore HeavenJuly 1, 1995 at the ECW Arena, Philadelphia, PA.Attendance: 1,1501) Dudley Dudley & Snot Dudley vs The Pitbulls2) Dino Sandoff & Don E. Allen vs Chad Austin & Broad Street Bully3) Hack Meyers vs Big Malley4) 2 Cold Scorpio vs The Tazmaniac5) ECW Tag Champs Raven & Stevie Richards vs Tommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon6) Axl Rotten vs Ian Rotten in a Tapei Deathmatch7) ECW Champion Sandman vs Cactus Jack8) Public Enemy vs The Gangstas

What's the Rita Romero Special?

Upside down surfboard - you know, when the person doing the move is on ther back and is holding their opponent in the air by all four extremities.Words fail on how much it irritates me when a referee starts counting down the shoulders of the man doing the move. :angry:

Upside down surfboard - you know, when the person doing the move is on ther back and is holding their opponent in the air by all four extremities.Words fail on how much it irritates me when a referee starts counting down the shoulders of the man doing the move. :angry:
So, it's a Mexican Surfboard?

Do you know, I thought I was the only one that got pissed off by that. In what sense is that a cover?

• Paid Members

Liger pulls him into the Rita Romero Special and bridges him down for two

From a review of Liger vs Pegasus Kid. Is it possible to bridge someone down into a pic from a Mex Surfboard without the hold falling apart?

Do you know, I thought I was the only one that got pissed off by that. In what sense is that a cover?
Well, their shoulders are down, and their opponent's on top of them.

Is it possible to bridge someone down into a pin from a Mex Surfboard without the hold falling apart?

IIRC, yes it can, although the wrestler going for the pin may have to be on the back of their head. I think it was done in a RVD vs. Jerry Lynn ECW match. Edited by MFrV1

Question time.I seem to recall in WCW in probably early 2000 the debut of this mysterious guy who had been getting vignettes aired for a few weeks. I seem to recall him beating DDP in his debut match on Thunder and then disappearing of the face of the earth.Any clues as to who this was?Sorry if i'm a little vague. I'm pretty sure this was in the period of time between Russo getting his matching orders in the January and coming back in April.

• Paid Members

Was the figure that Napoleon Dynamite was playing with on the bus at the start of the film a figure of a real wrestler?naptie.JPG

Looks like one of the F.B.I to me. I don't think any of the old-style WWF Hasbros looked liked that.

• Paid Members

Words fail on how much it irritates me when a referee starts counting down the shoulders of the man doing the move. :angry:

His shoulders aren't being held down by his opponent though.He is not being pinned by his opponent, as his opponent is not in control, and therefore no pinfall should be counted.

A pinfall attempt should involve a wrestler attempting to hold his opponent's shoulders to the mat.The recipient of a Rita Romero Special is not making an attempt at pinning his opponent in any way, therefore I do not believe the referee should be counting a pinfall.

Is it possible to bridge someone down into a pin from a Mex Surfboard without the hold falling apart?

Yeah, the person doing the hold has to roll backwards a bit so that the recipient's head and shoulders are touching the mat. It requires some dexterity.

Sorry if i'm a little vague. I'm pretty sure this was in the period of time between Russo getting his matching orders in the January and coming back in April.

If you're right, it must have been a Kevin Sullivan idea that they nixed when Russo came back to power. I have no idea, but can you describe the wrestler physically?

A pinfall attempt should involve a wrestler attempting to hold his opponent's shoulders to the mat.The recipient of a Rita Romero Special is not making an attempt at pinning his opponent in any way, therefore I do not believe the referee should be counting a pinfall.

Yeah, the person doing the hold has to roll backwards a bit so that the recipient's head and shoulders are touching the mat. It requires some dexterity.

Sorry if i'm a little vague. I'm pretty sure this was in the period of time between Russo getting his matching orders in the January and coming back in April.

If you're right, it must have been a Kevin Sullivan idea that they nixed when Russo came back to power. I have no idea, but can you describe the wrestler physically?
Big masked guy. Should have mentioned that. Looked pretty generic as I recall just tights and plain black mask.