The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

He was indeed. He also served as Giant Gonzales' handler/helper/road buddy (in the same way Tim White did with Andre).

Assume Khali has someone doing the same for him?
The reason why WWE agent Dave Kapoor (Runjin Singh) has been made The Great Khali's manager is because he can speak Punjab & Hindu and Khali doesn't know much English. Also, Kapoor is better at explaining finishes and match layouts to him.

He was indeed. He also served as Giant Gonzales' handler/helper/road buddy (in the same way Tim White did with Andre).

The reason why WWE agent Dave Kapoor (Runjin Singh) has been made The Great Khali's manager is because he can speak Punjab & Hindu and Khali doesn't know much English. Also, Kapoor is better at explaining finishes and match layouts to him.
It's actually a referee who handles Khali (it might be Marty Alliance but I'm not deffo) Dave Kapoor doesn't want to be on the road for house shows.

It's actually a referee who handles Khali (it might be Marty Alliance but I'm not deffo) Dave Kapoor doesn't want to be on the road for house shows.
I am sure he was on the road to a point, and then voiced his concerns about it about a month or so ago.

• Paid Members

On Russell Brand's Ponderland tonight, there were clips from a 1970's documentary following a laughably meek church organist called Keith who wanted to be a wrestler. Johnny Saint was interviewed in his house ("How would I train someone to be a wrestler? Break his heart"), and Keith took some really awkward back bumps in the world's hardest ring. Anyone have any idea what this was? It looked awesome, and I'd love to see the whole thing.

Think that would be from the Esther Rantzen series "The Big Time". 1981 if memory serves correct.Sheena Easton got her break in one episode.

• Paid Members

Just wondering if Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr. have ever had a match in the WWE?Thanks.

The only match that they had together while with the company was at a Video games awards show on Spike TV/TNN (I think)...it was some sort of video games show regardless...

• Paid Members

On Russell Brand's Ponderland tonight, there were clips from a 1970's documentary following a laughably meek church organist called Keith who wanted to be a wrestler. Johnny Saint was interviewed in his house ("How would I train someone to be a wrestler? Break his heart"), and Keith took some really awkward back bumps in the world's hardest ring. Anyone have any idea what this was? It looked awesome, and I'd love to see the whole thing.

Think that would be from the Esther Rantzen series "The Big Time". 1981 if memory serves correct.Sheena Easton got her break in one episode.
Ah, now I know the show you mean. It ends with the guy working a match with John Naylor at the Albert Hall. Except they deliberately never tell the guy about working and he goes into it thinking it's a legit contest. Which, in this case, it is.The show ends with him recovering from his injuries.Me also want tape.

Ah, now I know the show you mean. It ends with the guy working a match with John Naylor at the Albert Hall. Except they deliberately never tell the guy about working and he goes into it thinking it's a legit contest. Which, in this case, it is.The show ends with him recovering from his injuries.Me also want tape.

So they just rough the poor bloke up and stretch him out, under the pretense that it's all real??Fantastic!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I want to see that too.

• Moderators

Interesting. In case someone can tell me better, I think I've nailed the date down here. From www.britishwrestlingarchive.co.uk:

ROYAL ALBERT HALL, LONDON

Edited by Sickboy

• Paid Members

Correction courtesy of Simon Garfield's "The Wrestling": The match actually ended with Rawlinson going to hospital for the night. The BBC decided this wasn't a very nice ending to the show, so later went back to the Albert Hall and filmed some fake footage of Rawlinson leaving the venue as if it was just after the match.Obviously such a thing would never happen these days.

Just wondering if Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr. have ever had a match in the WWE?Thanks.

The only match that they had together while with the company was at a Video games awards show on Spike TV/TNN (I think)...it was some sort of video games show regardless...
So they haven't had a match then!Oh hang on they Main evented Wrestlemania 2 years ago, oh no that was me playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006!