The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

The 90 days is just for televised groups.Both Owen Hart and Curt Hennig were very early in their WWF stints, so they were still at the bottom of the ladder. At house shows they would work (and win) competitive matches starting at the bottom - house shows rarely had anything resembling a squash. However, this was only televised locally - on the national TV programmes they were winning squashes.

• Paid Members

Does a 90 day no compete clause just mean for contractual wrestling companies? Because Sabu won the UXW championship on 16 june so he;s already doing indy dates

Yeah, it's to stop them signing with a competitor for 90 days.

• Paid Members

I *think* you can sign with another group, you just can't appear on TV. I'm sure the Bashams were turning up to TNA tapings and hanging backstage before they were able to do TV.Forgot to add to the Hart/Hennig on TV stuff - the likes of Horowitz and SD Jones were kind of the upper echelon of jobbers - they'd always be portrayed as a tough challenge (even when being squashed) rather than a walkover. There was a difference in the portrayal of the regular jobbers (Lombardi, Dusty Wolfe etc) who toured about, as opposed to the complete nobodies who only worked when a taping was in their area.

I *think* you can sign with another group, you just can't appear on TV. I'm sure the Bashams were turning up to TNA tapings and hanging backstage before they were able to do TV.

Although funnily enough, The Bashams didn't sign a contract, and unless things have changed in the very recent past, I think they're still working without contract in TNA because I know Doug Basham (and possibly/probably Damaja too) is looking for indy bookings directly. If he was a contracted member of the TNA roster, that would have to go through the TNA office.

Parka, does that website ever open for sign-ups (similar to PWT)? Or is it invitation only...?EDIT: Another question: this week's iMPACT! on Bravo 2 is the edition before Slammiversary; is this right? I thought it was meant to be the show that took place on Thursday.

Edited by GIB

• Paid Members

Anyone know the name of the song (and artist) used as Donald Trump's entrance music in the WWE. I have heard it used in a couple of TV programmes over the last couple of weeks.

Is it the theme song of the American version of The Apprentice?

Anyone know the name of the song (and artist) used as Donald Trump's entrance music in the WWE. I have heard it used in a couple of TV programmes over the last couple of weeks.

Is it the theme song of the American version of The Apprentice?
Spot on mate :) Never seen the show but you are right. Apparently it is called 'For the love of Money' by the O'Jays. Found on youtube if anyone wants to have a listen;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny_j-bAhq68