The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Was a WCW PPV *ever* shown live in the UK?What WWE PPV's did Setanta show?Thank you.

WCW PPVs were NEVER shown live in the UK unless you count the transmissions on satellite channel DSF in the mid 90s, which were of course in german and weren't live in the slightest! I vividly recall the announcers on DSF changing from german to english once to greet those watching in the UK! Hopefully others remember this, and I'm not going mad! So simply put, no.EDIT - I admit defeat. :p It appears Royal Rumble 2004 was shown on Setanta.
Setanta did show at least 3 WWE PPV's when Channel 4's deal ended early - but I'm damned if I can remember which ones. I think perhaps Backlash '03 and Vengeance '03 for two of them - not sure though. And I remember the DSF English commentary! It was half way through a match on *I think* Starrcade '94. They suddenly said something like "And hello to our fans in the UK, yes we know you're watching us...." etc. I almost jumped out of my seat - and thought I'd imagined it at first. Glad I wasn't the only idiot sat up watching German channels at 2 in the morning!!

Wasn't Armageddon 2003 on Setanta?

No, Armageddon 2003 wasn't shown anywhere.
Yes it was. I watched it on wwe.com. Edited by Sichadelic

What is the most detailed website's for Japanese wrestling? I'm looking for one or two that focus on background information on wrestlers (title history etc.) and ones that have updated news/rumours.Thanks.

Edited by GIB

• Paid Members

If memory serves me correct, I think he turned on the Bushwhackers in a six-man match when he was teaming with them.

Correct.It was Tugboat and the Bushwackers v Earthquake and the Nasty Boys.
It took me 14 years to finally see the block of TV where Tugboat turned heel, back in 91, I could only see PPV's. I expected a killer Tugboat-Hogan angle, but instead, we got that. Turning on the fucking Bushwackers. Awful and with no money making potential.

• Paid Members

If memory serves me correct, I think he turned on the Bushwhackers in a six-man match when he was teaming with them.

Correct.It was Tugboat and the Bushwackers v Earthquake and the Nasty Boys.
It took me 14 years to finally see the block of TV where Tugboat turned heel, back in 91, I could only see PPV's. I expected a killer Tugboat-Hogan angle, but instead, we got that. Turning on the fucking Bushwackers. Awful and with no money making potential.
In storyline terms, was Andre the Giant the first choice of Jimmy Hart to be Earthquake's new partner?

I was watching Samoa Joe vs Paul London on TWC today as part of that best Of Samoa Joe super card, and the commentators kept saying that if London got injured his WWE deal would be terminated. What were the terms that led to that being said? Was it a case of WWE didn't want him to wrestle the match and that was a warning for him to be careful?

I was watching Samoa Joe vs Paul London on TWC today as part of that best Of Samoa Joe super card, and the commentators kept saying that if London got injured his WWE deal would be terminated. What were the terms that led to that being said? Was it a case of WWE didn't want him to wrestle the match and that was a warning for him to be careful?

It was just the commentary team trying to make the match seem more important. Alhtough I'm sure WWE officals would be less than pleased with someone getting injured in their last Indy match before joining the company.