The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Does anyone know the actual reason why First Independent stopped releasing WCW PPV's in the UK, after Fall Brawl '93? Thank you.

Probably wrong but didn't First Independant go out of business? I haven't seen a new First Independant stickered VHS tape since Fall Brawl 93 and that Tom and Jerry movie that was released around the same time.

Does anyone know the actual reason why First Independent stopped releasing WCW PPV's in the UK, after Fall Brawl '93? Thank you.

Probably wrong but didn't First Independant go out of business? I haven't seen a new First Independant stickered VHS tape since Fall Brawl 93 and that Tom and Jerry movie that was released around the same time.
Not sure, mate. I do know that First Independent released some crappy 90s horror movies onto VHS, probably one or two years after Fall Brawl '93, so I don't think they went bust in late 1993.

Guest Ray Vonne

What style of wrestling or type of matches are small rings best suited for?

Edited by Ray Vonne

You've got to remember WCW was pretty much disappearing from the Regional TV stations and by early '94 the UK wrestling boom was well and truly gone...

True, but First Independent didn't exactly commit themselves to the WCW product, in my opinion. For example, Beach Blast '93, which took place in July 1993, was not released by them until April 1994. That's nine months. Could you imagine if Silver Vision were the same and released, say, Judgement Day 2006 in February 2007? I just think they could have been more committed to the WCW product, and that someone in Atlanta should have been aware of the fact that the UK audience were not getting what they deserved when it came to TV exposure and regular VHS releases.

True, but First Independent didn't exactly commit themselves to the WCW product, in my opinion. For example, Beach Blast '93, which took place in July 1993, was not released by them until April 1994. That's nine months. Could you imagine if Silver Vision were the same and released, say, Judgement Day 2006 in February 2007? I just think they could have been more committed to the WCW product, and that someone in Atlanta should have been aware of the fact that the UK audience were not getting what they deserved when it came to TV exposure and regular VHS releases.

Yes, but that was the norm back then.For instance, WWF Royal Rumble 1992 was not released until October 1992.It was not until 1993 or 1994 that Silvervision and the WWF hurried up the production business.

Guest Ray Vonne

Do Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm travel together when they have bookings on the same show?

Edited by Ray Vonne

Yes, but that was the norm back then.For instance, WWF Royal Rumble 1992 was not released until October 1992.It was not until 1993 or 1994 that Silvervision and the WWF hurried up the production business.
I'd forgotten about that, to be honest. I do recall having to wait ages for the release of Survivor Series '91, though. I do feel Silver Vision marketed their products better than First Independent did. I guess I'm just bitter that we never really got a good deal in this country. I mean, WCW PPV's returned to the UK in 1997 via a mail order company called, erm, WCW Video, but they were only available through the mail and for the ridiculous price of about

Some more questions:1) Which wrestlers were the first/earliest to do proper shoot interviews and when?2) Was Feinstein the first person to conduct them?3) Why was Hogan so pissed off about Warrior's promo on his WCW Nitro debut?That one I don't get no matter how many times I watch it. He says it's the biggest "no-no" in the business but all he said was that he beat Hogan once and Hogan has never beaten him.Granted, it would make a little more sense for the heel to taunt the face with something like that, but I don't see why Hogan saw it as a big deal.

3) Why was Hogan so pissed off about Warrior's promo on his WCW Nitro debut?

I could be wrong about this, but reading between the lines, I think that Hogan was unhappy that Warrior had indirectly brought up the subject of WM VI. I believe that Hogan didn't want his 1990 WWF feud with Warrior mentioned directly or indirectly, as he probably believed it would devalue the hype for their first match on WCW soil. If I am right, it's a bit silly really, because the entire world would have known that Warrior and Hogan had met eight years earlier.That's the best answer I can give, but it's just my take on the subject. Someone else will probably have a different view on the subject.