The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Was flicking through the channels this morning and I came across FOX News. On the screen in front of me was some radio DJ called "Mancow". I recall the name. Did he ever do a few shots in WCW? He was ranting about various stuff and at the end mentioned that Yasser Arafat died from AIDS. I nearly spat out my milk when he said it brahs.

I think he actually wrestled at a WCW PPV.
IIRC he fought Jimmy Hart at either Spring Stampede or Slamboree 2000...

• Paid Members

a few questions: 1) when did the royal rumble go from being 2 minute intervals to 90 second intervals between contestants? or did i just imagine that change... was there ever a reason given for it?2) how do wrestlers with long hair keep their hair looking wet during matches? i always thought that it was just water but i realised recently that if i go running with wet hair my hair dries out really quickly so i came to the conclusion that it's probably hair oil, or something.3) when wrestlers get tattoos done, how do they keep on training? i appreciate a lot of work is done on time off but surely rehab and training must make it pretty difficult to let tattoos heal properly? 4) when did it become the rule that the royal rumble winner went on to face to title holder at mania?

a few questions: 1) when did the royal rumble go from being 2 minute intervals to 90 second intervals between contestants? or did i just imagine that change... was there ever a reason given for it?

I think it was 1996, as in 1995 it was every minute, but that was too fast and two minutes was a little too long, so I believe at the 1996 Rumble it was 90 seconds and has been since.

4) when did it become the rule that the royal rumble winner went on to face to title holder at mania?

1993 I believe was the first time that a title shot was up for grabs, there was a little Roman-esque ceremony before the Rumble match declaring that the winner would receive a shot at the world title at Wrestlemania.

What the hell is the Mass Transit Incident?

He was a "wrestler" that New Jack beat badly at an ECW show, the guy lied about his age and experience to get a match. During the match New Jack beat him senseless and then sliced his forehead wide open, Mass Transit bled very heavily, the footage is available around the internet, it's very bloody and pretty disturbing.More about the incident.

a few questions:

1) when did the royal rumble go from being 2 minute intervals to 90 second intervals between contestants? or did i just imagine that change... was there ever a reason given for it?

It varies according to how ell the match is going. Some intervals are alot shorter or longer than others. It's wrestling.

3) when wrestlers get tattoos done, how do they keep on training? i appreciate a lot of work is done on time off but surely rehab and training must make it pretty difficult to let tattoos heal properly?

I'd guess most of them have them done before they started wrestling or when they were off with an injury

4) when did it become the rule that the royal rumble winner went on to face to title holder at mania?

Wasn't it Hulk Hogan who was the first, in 1991? I fairly sure it was 1991. He won the Rumble then faced Sgt Slaughter for the Title.

Wasn't it Hulk Hogan who was the first, in 1991? I fairly sure it was 1991. He won the Rumble then faced Sgt Slaughter for the Title.
Hogan's 1991 Rumble win did not lead to him getting a title shot - it just happened that way.The first year was 1993, when Yokozuna won.

That wasn't a rule, and there was no 'title shot at Wrestlamania up for grabs' stipulation. It's just a coincedence Hogan won that and received a title shot.

• Paid Members

Hogan's 1991 Rumble win did not lead to him getting a title shot - it just happened that way.The first year was 1993, when Yokozuna won.
It was definately 1993. Jason's right.

• Paid Members

I remember seeing a Trish Stratus - Stephanie McMahon match that blew me away. Does anybody know what PPV it was on? I've got a big bunch of vids in front of me and cataloging.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

thanks for your answers guys.one more question. last night i watched the "wrestling with shadows" documentary on dvd at a friends house. i'd seen it before on bbc2 but it was years and years ago but i'm sure i remember some thing that didn't seem to be on the dvd. admittedly there were a few of us there so we could have talked over some bits or i could just be imagining some things. three things i missed that i'm sure were there: 1) when i saw it on tv, i'm fairly certain the announcer gave it an 'offensive language' warning and it started off with pat patterson swearing about something 2) there was a bit where bret's talking about the art of wrestling and they show the undertaker kicking him in the corner and bret says something like "the kicks look like they hurt but in truth he never even touched me" 3) there's a bit where bret's talking about being brought up in the wrestling business and says that when he was a kid the wrestlers used to come to the house to get their paycheques and one week a heel wrestler, who the night before had been beating his dad up on tv, came to the door and he couldn't understand why his mum let him and his dad gave him money.did i imagine any of the above or did i see them elsewhere?thanks again.