The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

In what way did things break down between Warrior and WCW?

He was brought in for huge money but would only work a few selected tv shows (no house shows). He was horrible at his job, cutting interviews that went 15 minutes lionger than intended and sucked, and was dire in the ring. I think there were also issues about him showing up late or no showing or something. He was also booed when he should have been cheered, because fans recognised how awful he was. And the big match vs Hogan didn't draw as well as hoped. And, I think he refused to wrestle that match unless he got another contract extension for another million, which they gave him, then never used him again. He got all that money for doing nothing.

Why do Mexican wrestlers wear masks? I know it's part of their heritage, but what are the specific reasons and how did that custom originate?

It's something to do with the Aztecs that lived in Mexico originally, they wore masks for rituals and stuff.

Quick question: Who are the current IWGP tag champions-I've searched around and the closest I came up with was that Tanahashi and Nakemura won the titles at the end of last year...are they still champions or do someone else hold those belts now?

Yep - still champs. I think they've been working in Mexico lately.Recent IWGP title histories here.

Quick question: Who are the current IWGP tag champions-I've searched around and the closest I came up with was that Tanahashi and Nakemura won the titles at the end of last year...are they still champions or do someone else hold those belts now?

Yep - still champs. I think they've been working in Mexico lately.Recent IWGP title histories here.
The titles are actually being defended tonight at Arena Mex against Olimpico & Rey Bucanero. I doubt there'll be new champs though.

In what way did things break down between Warrior and WCW?

He was brought in for huge money but would only work a few selected tv shows (no house shows). He was horrible at his job, cutting interviews that went 15 minutes lionger than intended and sucked, and was dire in the ring. I think there were also issues about him showing up late or no showing or something. He was also booed when he should have been cheered, because fans recognised how awful he was. And the big match vs Hogan didn't draw as well as hoped. And, I think he refused to wrestle that match unless he got another contract extension for another million, which they gave him, then never used him again. He got all that money for doing nothing.
On the DVD, Hogan admits he was mainly responsible for blowing the match due to the fireball error, but Eric Bischoff says that WCW wanted to sign the Warrior for upto 2 years after that match regardless, but that Warrior was asking for too much money.

WWE DVDs tell whatever story they feel like telling. It's not always the truth. Although it's entirely possible Bischoff would have thought signing Warrior for 2 years was a good idea, as he'd lost the plot by this point.

Before he'd agreed to do the job to Hogan at Havoc, Warrior had also demanded that a new contract pick up where his last one left off. WCW used him on TV less than a handfull of times afterwards, so they basically paid him $1 million to agree to lose to Hogan and kill this feud off

Taken from The death of WCW.

I doubt anyone would, but any clue of a ballpark figure of what the Special K lads would earn a night? Just watched a tape and those guys were getting physically abused beyond belief. I imagine they get terribly low pay too, poor sods.