The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

1. Are most US indies done live? CZW and IWA:MS certainly, but are all others?

PWG, OVW, JAPW and ECWA also do live commentary. 3PW, XPW, MLW and Wildside did as well. The only indie (beside ROH) that I've seen which has recorded commentary is FIP, which is also booked by Gabe. He also commentates on it under the name "Matt Pike".If ROH ever did do live commentary, I think the best duo would be Eric Gargiulo (CZW) and Dave Prazak (IWA M:S).

So I was watching Smackdown and thinking that Eddie Guerrero deserves a freakin' Emmy or something, and I got to wondering:Has any pro-wrestling TV show or commerical release ever won a mainstream industry award, either for the show itself or for an individual performance (more likely to be an editor or producer than a wrestler, I expect)?

I don't remember the details, but I think the 1999 WWF Superbowl advert "Get it?" (the one set in Titan Towers where the wrestlers were acting normal but the office workers were doing wrestling stuff) won an advertising award.Also, Wrestling With Shadows won a shedload of independent film awards.
I believe an ECW album was nominated for an Emmy, or at least Motorhead's version of "Enter Sandman" from the album was...
How come? It's terrible!

Iwasa was given a 15-match trial series - if he won any one of them, the unit would be recognized, but he lost all of them via camel clutch

I think I need a comp of that. I hope there's a bout that he controls all the way through, but the opponent gets a camel clutch locks in and Iwasa taps instantly. That'd be great.
Not that much of it was televised - I think only three matches (vs CIMA, Stalker, and Mishima) plus some of the finishes from the others. They were all TKOs with Iwasa in the camel clutch and Mishima throwing in the towel, apart from the final match against Mishima himself, when Iwasa actually tapped. I guess his back was hurting pretty bad by then...

• Paid Members

Back in '95 there was a match taking part on RAW involving Skip (I think). During this Kevin Nash walked out to ringside (shoving down Skip who had fallen to the outside) and berated Vince who was commentating. Two things I remember him saying were "I'm not your corporate puppet, Vince!" and "I'll only shake hands with fans who buy my glove". Does anyone remember this and know if it was intentional or a shoot?

Back in '95 there was a match taking part on RAW involving Skip (I think). During this Kevin Nash walked out to ringside (shoving down Skip who had fallen to the outside) and berated Vince who was commentating. Two things I remember him saying were "I'm not your corporate puppet, Vince!" and "I'll only shake hands with fans who buy my glove". Does anyone remember this and know if it was intentional or a shoot?

No it was a storyline, he'd just been beaten for the title by Bret and turned heel by power bombing him.It was Diesel's anti-face persona, he said since he lost the belt he was happier because he didn't have to smile for the fans anymore.Or something like that! :laugh:

How many bands have played live at a wcw, ecw or wwe event?

That's going to be quite difficult to answer. I'll get you started on a few:Motorhead - Wrestlemania X-7 and 21Saliva - Wrestlemania X-8 and Survivor Series 2002Drowning Pool - Wrestlemania X-8Fozzy - RawJohn Cena/Trademarc/Bumpy Knuckles - RawUnion Underground - RawSalt N' Peppa - Wrestlemania XIKISS - NitroMaster P - NitroThat band that performed at Wrestlemania 14... The Rage Against The Machine wannabes... Edited by Van_Dammer

How many bands have played live at a wcw, ecw or wwe event?

That's going to be quite difficult to answer. I'll get you started on a few:Motorhead - Wrestlemania X-7 and 21Saliva - Wrestlemania X-8 and Survivor Series 2002Drowning Pool - Wrestlemania X-8Fozzy - RawJohn Cena/Trademarc/Bumpy Knuckles - RawUnion Underground - RawSalt N' Peppa - Wrestlemania XIKISS - NitroMaster P - NitroThat band that performed at Wrestlemania 14... The Rage Against The Machine wannabes...
Add Megadeath, who did Crush 'em on Nitro.Also Motley Crue on Raw, which marked Test's debut. :)

• Paid Members

I was watching an old show from a few weeks ago. It was Smackdown and 'Taker was facing Randy Orton. Bob Orton brung out a casket to the ring and placed it at ringside. When the Undertaker seen it he opened it and seen somebody/thing that looked like him lying in the casket. I remember they did this years back during the 'Taker - Diesel feud when Nash opened the box and his likeness was in there.Basically I was just wondering was the person/thing in the box a puppet or an actual real person? Very creepy.

I was watching an old show from a few weeks ago. It was Smackdown and 'Taker was facing Randy Orton. Bob Orton brung out a casket to the ring and placed it at ringside. When the Undertaker seen it he opened it and seen somebody/thing that looked like him lying in the casket. I remember they did this years back during the 'Taker - Diesel feud when Nash opened the box and his likeness was in there.Basically I was just wondering was the person/thing in the box a puppet or an actual real person? Very creepy.

The Orton/Taker angle on Smackdown was just post-production with them filming Taker in the casket before the show and then inserting it into the TV show.The Diesel one was an actual manequin.