The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I think he was drafted to Smackdown in 2002 during the first ever draft. And i think that was his bug huge suprise return.

October 2001: Chris Benoit makes an appearance on Heat, saying that he has several months before he'll return to ring action.. February 1, 2002: Chris Benoit flew to Texas to meet with Dr. Youngblood.. March 25, 2002 - RAW: Chris Benoit was drafted by Vince McMahon for the WWF Smackdown! brand.. #3 April 2002: Chris Benoit begins appearing at Heartland Wrestling Association events and training for his in-ring return.. May 27, 2002 - RAW in Edmonton: Chris Benoit makes his return to the WWE kicking off the show with a suprise appearance.. ~~~Chris Benoit later gets into a confrontation with Eddy Guerrero before Ric Flair has him thrown out of the building.. ~~~Chris Benoit returns later during the Main Event between Eddy Guerrero & Rob Van Dam.. ~~~Steve Austin runs in after the match and attacks Eddy Guerrero.. ~~~Ric Flair & Arn Anderson run down, but Chris Benoit sides with Steve Austin.. ~~~Chris Benoit shocks the crowd by attacking Steve Austin!!!

www.obbsessedwithwrestling.com Edited by Childsy

Was going through some old WCW magazines yesterday (willing to sell them so if you are interested PM me) and there were several tag teams that seemed to have short spells in WCW around early 1990s. Anyone know anything about the Awesomg Kongs (managed by Harley Race) Cole Twins or Thunder and Lightning.

• Awards Moderator

I think he was drafted to Smackdown in 2002 during the first ever draft. And i think that was his bug huge suprise return.

October 2001: Chris Benoit makes an appearance on Heat, saying that he has several months before he'll return to ring action.. February 1, 2002: Chris Benoit flew to Texas to meet with Dr. Youngblood.. March 25, 2002 - RAW: Chris Benoit was drafted by Vince McMahon for the WWF Smackdown! brand.. #3 April 2002: Chris Benoit begins appearing at Heartland Wrestling Association events and training for his in-ring return.. May 27, 2002 - RAW in Edmonton: Chris Benoit makes his return to the WWE kicking off the show with a suprise appearance.. ~~~Chris Benoit later gets into a confrontation with Eddy Guerrero before Ric Flair has him thrown out of the building.. ~~~Chris Benoit returns later during the Main Event between Eddy Guerrero & Rob Van Dam.. ~~~Steve Austin runs in after the match and attacks Eddy Guerrero.. ~~~Ric Flair & Arn Anderson run down, but Chris Benoit sides with Steve Austin.. ~~~Chris Benoit shocks the crowd by attacking Steve Austin!!!

www.obbsessedwithwrestling.com
I'm sure I remember him sitting in the actual crowd in the appropriate Raw.

• Paid Members

Nope, RAW opened up with Benoit's music playing and the crowd going wild, JR and King sell it as amazing as Benoit was supposedly months away from still returning.

If it's the night he turned on Austin, the crowd were stunned. The reaction was not a 'wild' one, it was polite applause.

Was going through some old WCW magazines yesterday (willing to sell them so if you are interested PM me) and there were several tag teams that seemed to have short spells in WCW around early 1990s. Anyone know anything about the Awesomg Kongs (managed by Harley Race) Cole Twins or Thunder and Lightning.

Lightning was an early WCW gimmick, and he found more "fame" as the NWO Sting I believe.

Lightning was an early WCW gimmick, and he found more "fame" as the NWO Sting I believe.
Awesome Kongs were two huge fat (and fairly immobile) guys brought in by Harley Race to fight Cactus Jack to try and sidetrack him from Vader. They didn't last long and weren't that good.The Cole Twins were blonde haired bland twins, around 1993/4. They had a modicum of popularity but were never that good. I shamefully remember them 'dancing' in the ring with Scorpio and Buff Bagwell on an episode of Worldwide prior to an 8 man tag (still have some of their matches on tape). I'm sure I heard either Keith or Kent (was that his name?) Cole mentioned recently in wrestling news, but can't think why? Did they get a dark match with WWE or TNA or something?Thunder and Lightning I probably saw once, but don't remember it!(Incidentally still have copies of WCW magazines from this period with pictures and articles on all of the above in them---oh the good old days!)

Anyone know anything about the Awesomg Kongs (managed by Harley Race) Cole Twins or Thunder and Lightning.

They were briefly bought in during a period when WCW wanted their tag teams members to look just like each other, regardless of talent (Kongs, Thunder & Lightning, Cole Twins, Harlem Heat, Slazenger & Pierce, Nasty Boys, Cactus & Maxx Payne, etc). Although that doesn't explain Marcus Bagwell and Too Cold Scorpio. ;) Edited by old blue eyes

01.jpg

Thunder and Lightning. Only picture in the Obsessedwithwrestling database.

Will search more.

EDIT / UPDATE - There is no other information about Thunder apart from that he was Lightnings tag partner and that they had several matches with Harlem Heat.

Edited by Childsy

I beleive there is a tag team that are regular in one of the Peurto Rico promotions, they've been around for years so could be the same ones.