The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

In traditional British rules, does a round end when someone gets pinned OR when someone gets pinned do they continue until the round finishes

Each round is three or five minutes, after the allotted time there is a minute break. The match ends when there is a pinfall or submission, although a lot of matches are two out of three falls, so when the early falls happen the action stops for a minute before you restart at the time that the fall was counted. So if the first fall is in the second round, two minutes in, you start the match with a minute left in the second round.Its like a boxing match, but they wrestle instead. That's always been my understanding of it.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a fall ends the round. Anyone got the Mountevans rulebook handy?If so, can I buy it? :D

• Paid Members

I'd probably expect Hogan - Andre to be the shortest (as the above poster said). I've got this funny feeling Sid - Taker from WM 13 wasn't too long either.

It's actually Bret vs Yoko from WM9 at 8:55 (most probably to fit in the post match 'angle'), with Savage Dibiase (9:27) 2nd and Bret-Yoko from WM10 (10:38) next.Sid-Taker actually went 21 minutes :cry:

Guest indie_&_co

In traditional British rules, does a round end when someone gets pinned OR when someone gets pinned do they continue until the round finishes

Each round is three or five minutes, after the allotted time there is a minute break. The match ends when there is a pinfall or submission, although a lot of matches are two out of three falls, so when the early falls happen the action stops for a minute before you restart at the time that the fall was counted. So if the first fall is in the second round, two minutes in, you start the match with a minute left in the second round.Its like a boxing match, but they wrestle instead. That's always been my understanding of it.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a fall ends the round. Anyone got the Mountevans rulebook handy?If so, can I buy it? :D
Thanks Natural Born Killer and Kenny McBride.Does anyone know anything about a punk wrestler from Skegness named Sykes? like is he any good, what style does he do, whats he achieved etc. etc.

What was Jonny Storm's theme music at the IPW-UK debut show?

I wasn't at the show so have no clue but he does use Chesney Hawkes 'One And Only' at shows.

What was Jonny Storm's theme music at the IPW-UK debut show?

I wasn't at the show so have no clue but he does use Chesney Hawkes 'One And Only' at shows.
Well, he uses a dodgy remix of it on FWA shows. On other shows, he used to use Let's Dance by 5ive. Not sure what he's been using more recently.