The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Ric Flair questionHow many NWA world titles did he win as I know they had the split from WCW at some point soHow many where NWAHow many where WCWThanks

I'm just looking at what Wikipedia is saying the lineage is..9 NWA Titles (Sounds very wrong)5 WCW TitlesHeres the links I'm using..NWA Lineagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NWA_W...eight_ChampionsWCW Lineagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WCW_W...eight_Champions

That's based on "official" NWA lineage. If you include the quickie switches to Jack Veneno and so forth, the Wiki list has him at FIVE before he even drops it to Harley the first time. :omg: In total, Wiki lists 13 NWA title reigns.

• Paid Members

That's based on "official" NWA lineage. If you include the quickie switches to Jack Veneno and so forth, the Wiki list has him at FIVE before he even drops it to Harley the first time. :omg: In total, Wiki lists 13 NWA title reigns.

Do they recognise (in official NWA lineage) the Veneno switch?

A quick question, why does Sabu point up during his entrance/as a taunt?

Think it's supposed to be that he's pointing up to his Uncle the Origional Sheik, a sign of respect to him.

• Paid Members

Think it's supposed to be that he's pointing up to his Uncle the Origional Sheik, a sign of respect to him.
No, I believe it was originally to put over his savage animal gimmick. He would point up at the lights, looking at them in amazement.They didnt have lights in Sabu's savage land apparantly. Hes been doing it ever since.

Yeah, that's why he's been doing it since 10 years before Sheik died. :rolleyes: Believe it or not, I know the actual answer to this and it's something almost no-one remembers. The story goes that when he he was "discovered" by Sheik in the jungle in India, Sheik realised that with his natural athleticism and fighting spirit, he'd be a hell of a wrestler so he took him away and started trying to train him. He didn't get far because Sabu was a savage, but he did enough that he would at least get in the ring and try to pin people after doing ludicrous things to his body to try and hurt his opponents. However, he doesn't like being in the west, especially because of the bright artificial lights. When he points upwards, he's pointing at the hated lights. You'll notice that he used to cover his eyes or squint when he did it. Maybe that's why, on special Sabu occasions, Paul E. used to turn out all the lights in the Arena.

Not so much of a wrestling question but more logistics in terms of travelling.How do the massive guys travel on flights? Reading Brets early days about dropping off Andre at an airport and then it goes onto mention Abby, instantly got me thinking about this. Now obviously WWF could be minted and book double seats, first class, etc, etc but what about these guys when they did indies and the booker paid their fair? Headhunters, Big Show, Vader, Yokozuna to name but a few would surely take up three seats on a coventional plane? Christ i'm 6ft 3" and i know how much i struggle!

• Paid Members

Not so much of a wrestling question but more logistics in terms of travelling.How do the massive guys travel on flights? Reading Brets early days about dropping off Andre at an airport and then it goes onto mention Abby, instantly got me thinking about this. Now obviously WWF could be minted and book double seats, first class, etc, etc but what about these guys when they did indies and the booker paid their fair? Headhunters, Big Show, Vader, Yokozuna to name but a few would surely take up three seats on a coventional plane? Christ i'm 6ft 3" and i know how much i struggle!

Never been on a plane, but isn't First Class supposed to have massive leg-room, and massive spaces between the seats?Just a guess. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Never been on a plane, but isn't First Class supposed to have massive leg-room, and massive spaces between the seats?Just a guess. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Not really - you get more leg room, but if you're 6'5" and above, you're still going to find it a bit of a squeeze.Plus, it doesn't help if you can only fit one buttock into a chair.

Not really - you get more leg room, but if you're 6'5" and above, you're still going to find it a bit of a squeeze.Plus, it doesn't help if you can only fit one buttock into a chair.
A guy like Andre was always making enough money that he could get two seats. No doubt Vader was more or less the same, as he was a pretty big star from a young age. Realistically though, most guys probably just drive as many places as they can.