The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

He occasionally pops up on HUSTLE shows, from what I remember. Apart from that, he appears to be out of wrestling.

Ummmm...No. He wrestles full time for Hustle and has appeared for countless other Japanese promotions since moving back, as well as the odd spot elsewhere. He continues to work a full schedule from what I can see.EDIT - In fact, he wrestled Fujinami in MUGA yesterday. Edited by Leicester Lantern

Anyone know if the Best of Chikara DVD is getting a UK release?I know Big Vision put out the XPW and ECW reunion DVDs, so what are the chances of seeing it down at my local woolworths

He occasionally pops up on HUSTLE shows, from what I remember. Apart from that, he appears to be out of wrestling.

Ummmm...No. He wrestles full time for Hustle and has appeared for countless other Japanese promotions since moving back, as well as the odd spot elsewhere. He continues to work a full schedule from what I can see.EDIT - In fact, he wrestled Fujinami in MUGA yesterday.
Apparently WWE tried to re-sign him recently, but he didn't want to. I think we will see him in WWE again one day, he's still on good terms with them. If WWE ever do a Raw from Japan (I'm sure they did a year or two ago) I'm sure Tajiri would show up.

Ummmm...No. He wrestles full time for Hustle and has appeared for countless other Japanese promotions since moving back, as well as the odd spot elsewhere. He continues to work a full schedule from what I can see.EDIT - In fact, he wrestled Fujinami in MUGA yesterday.
Apparently WWE tried to re-sign him recently, but he didn't want to. I think we will see him in WWE again one day, he's still on good terms with them. If WWE ever do a Raw from Japan (I'm sure they did a year or two ago) I'm sure Tajiri would show up.
I'm sure if WWE was in Japan the lure of coming out and doing the whole 'Me so Rucky' stuff before being fed to Snitsky would just be too tempting to turn down.

According to Mad Splash, Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue was Johnny Ace's entrance music in Japan. Given this is possibly one of the most up-tempo pieces of hair metal I've heard in a long while, was Ace a particularly dynamic performer in his day? Did his music fit the character?I've never seen him wrestle, but I shook hands with the chap briefly and he didn't look like he'd rock-out at a moment's notice or anything.

In All Japan, Ace was pretty rocking. He wasn't quite at Gordy/Williams/Hansen level as a worker (or even in terms of his push) but he could hold his own with the top guys in the business at that time. Also, being that he was a big, good-looking dude with long blond hair who Mrs. Baba fancied the pants off, he got a certain amount of preferential treatment. As far as his music went, it's just one of those things. American guys in Japan almost always got big hair metal tunes. Hell, didn't Cactus Jack get Megadeth in the IWA? :confused:

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the start of 3PW's show on TWC and on the advert?I tried Googling it but only found a post on TWCF and found lots of silly answers about Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson.

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the start of 3PW's show on TWC and on the advert?I tried Googling it but only found a post on TWCF and found lots of silly answers about Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson.

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Wolfpac.(First answer I got on Google. :p )

Anyone know if the Best of Chikara DVD is getting a UK release?I know Big Vision put out the XPW and ECW reunion DVDs, so what are the chances of seeing it down at my local woolworths

I doubt it, as the only reason the other DVDs got released in the UK was because they could put former WWE guys on the cover and get sales that way.How many casual wrestling fans know many Chikara workers?I'm willing to bet that there is not many.

• Paid Members

Was watching some brawl for all fights last night on youtube (Steve Blackman rules). On the Bart Gunn Bob Holly fight Shawn Michaels is on Commentary and Him and Jim Ross are making digs at WCW and their PPv the night before, what PPV was it and what was so bad about it (bearing in mind the general shittyness of their shows at the time it must have been pretty bad to be commented on so much)

The Brawl For All started at the end of June 1998, and the Bodacious Bart vs Bombastic Bob match was about half way through.Given the fact that Michaels returned in July 1998 to do a bit of commentary after leaving following WrestleMania 14, that would make the WCW ppv in question Bash At The Beach 1998 which was mid-July.1) Saturn vs. Raven2) Kidman vs. Juventud Guerrera3) Stevie Ray vs. Chavo Guerrero4) Hair vs. Hair: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero5) Disco Inferno vs. Konnan6) The Giant vs. Kevin Greene7) Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho8) Bret Hart vs. Booker T9) Curt Hennig vs. Goldberg10) Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman vs. Diamond Dallas Page and Karl Malone

Edited by dopper

The Brawl For All started at the end of June 1998, and the Bodacious Bart vs Bombastic Bob match was about half way through.Given the fact that Michaels returned in July 1998 to do a bit of commentary after leaving following WrestleMania 14, that would make the WCW ppv in question Bash At The Beach 1998 which was mid-July.1) Saturn vs. Raven2) Kidman vs. Juventud Guerrera3) Stevie Ray vs. Chavo Guerrero4) Hair vs. Hair: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero5) Disco Inferno vs. Konnan6) The Giant vs. Kevin Greene7) Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho8) Bret Hart vs. Booker T9) Curt Hennig vs. Goldberg10) Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman vs. Diamond Dallas Page and Karl Malone

...which, by the way, was not a particularly bad event at all, the efforts of Dennis Rodman notwithstanding...