The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

The first three-way singles match in the US (as opposed to a round-robin series) was Fritz Von Erich v Bruiser Brody v The Sheik in 1977, but that was elimination by bodyslam only (in or out of the ring).As far as I could find, the Sabu-Funk-Douglas match was the first in the US with three singles wrestlers in the ring at the same time under pinfall rules. (Incidentally, Funk only entered at the end of the first 15 minutes.)The first triangular match of any kind was in the late 19th century when wrestlers of three different styles did a round-robin series.

• Paid Members

Just reading from some old Powerslam magazine, and they wrote a piece on the history on the nWo. So I was just wondering..Who was the first Smokey Mountain Wrestling champion? and who held the title the most times?Thank you.

Just reading from some old Powerslam magazine, and they wrote a piece on the history on the nWo. So I was just wondering..Who was the first Smokey Mountain Wrestling champion? and who held the title the most times?Thank you.

First champion was Brian Lee, not the most promising of starts.......

As far as I could find, the Sabu-Funk-Douglas match was the first in the US with three singles wrestlers in the ring at the same time under pinfall rules. (Incidentally, Funk only entered at the end of the first 15 minutes.)

As a further tidbit to the three-way thing, SMW ran Tracy Smothers vs. Brian Lee vs. Dirty White Boy on 25, 26 and 27 December 1993 with pinfall rules. The one report I have of the Christmas Day show says that White Boy got posted at the bell leaving Smothers vs. Lee and after Smothers was pinned, White Boy made his comeback for a White Boy vs. Lee match with Lee again getting the pin. From the sounds of it they did two singles matches rather than have all three in at the same time though I guess they were all in together 'officially speaking'. I'd assume they ran the same match all three nights since the results seems consistent.Also, was the Vader vs. Sting vs. Guardian Angel 1994 match the first Triangle match in WCW and was the Flair vs. Luger vs. Sting triangle match from Starrcade '95 the first time they'd done it with all three men legal as opposed to two singles matches?And another thing...how often do triangle matches take place in Japan? I can't recally any from New Japan or NOAH though it seems vaguely familiar that All Japan or one of the smaller leagues would have run some? Edited by Lee