The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

1) The Tagged Classics that WWE are currently selling, has anything been cut out of the events? Like entrance music, WWF logos etc?2) The "In Your House" events WWF/E used to run, what were they? I never watched wrestling when they were ran, so never bothered to look it up.

• Paid Members

2) The "In Your House" events WWF/E used to run, what were they? I never watched wrestling when they were ran, so never bothered to look it up.

they were the wwf's effort to bring in more revenue through ppv. possibly also in an attempt to either keep up with or outdo wcw. they were initially two hour cards, so they seemed somewhat like slightly more spectacular monday night raw's but they eventually made the transistion to three hour events and eventually dropped the 'in your house' prefix in favour of several of the suffixes becoming anual ppv's.-c-

2) The "In Your House" events WWF/E used to run, what were they? I never watched wrestling when they were ran, so never bothered to look it up.

they were the wwf's effort to bring in more revenue through ppv. possibly also in an attempt to either keep up with or outdo wcw. they were initially two hour cards, so they seemed somewhat like slightly more spectacular monday night raw's but they eventually made the transistion to three hour events and eventually dropped the 'in your house' prefix in favour of several of the suffixes becoming anual ppv's.-c-
Just to add to this, the first show was held on May 14, 1995, where the WWF gave away a house in Florida as a prize.It was won by some boy in early teens.

• Paid Members

1) The Tagged Classics that WWE are currently selling, has anything been cut out of the events? Like entrance music, WWF logos etc?

No all the events are exact copies of the VHS releases. All WWF references and logos are intact. And on the KOTR 98 tagged classic, the attitude logo which is normally blurred out on other releases is shown.

There was a thread about this quite recently, but I'd like to get a clearer answer on it.I know that many of the Delta Music releases of ECW VHS and DVDs have dubbed music. From what I can gather, the PPV releases from Barely Legal through to Anarchy Rulz 2000 do not have dubbed music, with only the last few PPVs and all other shows featuring it. Can anyone confirm this?Thanks.

• Paid Members

Just to add to this, the first show was held on May 14, 1995, where the WWF gave away a house in Florida as a prize.It was won by some boy in early teens.
With comic results if I recall correctly. Apparantly the prize wasn't tax free, and the kids parents wound up having to sell their own house to pay for the tax.The IYH shows were 2 hours and $14.95. When they switched to full-length 3 hour shows, the price doubled to $30. You'd expect that to cause a drop in buys, but it showed wrestling is price-inelastic (to use an economics term) and the worse value shows actually sold more. This was a major factor in the turnaround of WWE finances.

I remember him doing on a trip somewhere and getting so drunk he almost died. That was at least 18 months ago and I haven't heard of him returning to wrestling since.

Someone asked Kevin Nash how Scott Hall was and he said he had no idea and hadn't heard anything about him in months.His number will be up sometime.

• Paid Members

This has been bugging me for a while - a while ago I saw a great sketch the Hearthrobs did in OVW where they were working out in the gym with their manager and getting involved in some very homoerotic situations. Sketch was hilarious but the song playing over it all was tremendous - Let's get physical. Does anyone know who sang this???Thanks.

• Paid Members

This has been bugging me for a while - a while ago I saw a great sketch the Hearthrobs did in OVW where they were working out in the gym with their manager and getting involved in some very homoerotic situations. Sketch was hilarious but the song playing over it all was tremendous - Let's get physical. Does anyone know who sang this???Thanks.

assuming it was the original, it was olivia newton-john, of grease fame.-c-

• Paid Members

assuming it was the original, it was olivia newton-john, of grease fame.-c-

Brilliant - thanks. I never thought it would happen but it's now time to add some Olivia to my record collection.

What's the name of that Joshi wrestler who cries when she's hit?

I think it may be Apple Miyuki. Apple certainly does do some kind of comedy crying gimmick.