The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Tony Halme's one and only MMA fight was again Randy Couture at UFC 13. It was Couture's MMA debut also and is lasted 56 seconds.Tony's a right-wing, anti-immigrant politician who suggested they send drug dealers to Russian prisons because it's cheaper and it'd act as a deterrent.tonyhalme_300.jpg

He also has a teeny part in "Die Hard with a Vengeance", which I've just spotted on the second viewing.

I haven't watched much TNA, so I have two questions (oh, and I do intend to become a regular viewer of TNA in the future).1.) Are TNA promos scripted?2.) Have they expressed ANY interest in signing Brock Lesnar? Has anyone at TNA even mentioned his name, or been asked it by a journalist?Oh, and I hope it's alright to ask two further questions.1.) If you were me, would you subscribe to the Wrestling Observer (I've never read it), Pro Wrestling Torch, or PWI Insider? I've never been a reader of sheets and websites, but I've decided I'd probably enjoy it. I can't afford all three, so give me one, please.2.) Is there a good wrestling news site which has NO pop-up adverts? (I'm put off by many sites because there seem to be at least 6 or 7 ads popping up as soon as I go onto the site).Apologies in advance for the shopping list of questions. Thanks. :)

Edited by King Cobra

2.) Is there a good wrestling news site which has NO pop-up adverts? (I'm put off by many sites because there seem to be at least 6 or 7 ads popping up as soon as I go onto the site).

Use Firefox to surf PWtorch.com. The built-in pop-up blocker stops all of their annoying ads.

1.) If you were me, would you subscribe to the Wrestling Observer (I've never read it), Pro Wrestling Torch, or PWI Insider? I've never been a reader of sheets and websites, but I've decided I'd probably enjoy it. I can't afford all three, so give me one, please.

Judging by some of the stuff I've noticed this week, PWInsider is merely stuff lifted from the Wrestling Observer four or five days after the Meltz has published it. Despite being a wrestling fan for 19 years, and being "smart" for 12 years it took me until 6 months ago to subscribe to the WO. Why I have no idea, because it's utterly unmissable. Yeah, loads of what is in it ends up on the net, but there's shedloads more in there that doesn't. Plus, even now I've learned shedloads that I didn't know before, particularly on MMA, Mexico, Japan, and the obits are always excellent. Can't say anything about the Torch, but WO is the business...

Has anyone heard anything about a site called wrestlevenom.com?This guy at college today said that he used to run the site or something and he got paid for it and it had something like 14,000 members. I was surprised as I'd never heard anything about it.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know the date of the episode of Nitro where 100's of men dressed like Sting invaded the ring to attack the NWO?Did Koko B Ware have to transport Frankie on the road in the same way Jake Roberts traveled with Damian?

does anyone know who plays the CZW theme songthe one they play on the wrestling channel as they go to a breakit some metal band

The old version was the boys in the TWC office (most of them play at least one instrument) with Zandig "singing" the words down the phone (I'm not making this up).I'm not sure if that's still the case with the new version.

• Paid Members

Whats the deal with Chris Benoit's contract at the moment, has he signed a new one? If so how long is it?