The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I have no idea who played him on Raw last week.

The aforementioned Lombardi according to the Meltz. You could also add Chris Jericho to the Doink list if you want, and there is some talk that he may have been played by Phil Apollo very briefly, who's a different person to Ray Apollo.Funny thing about that on Raw, actually. JR and Lawler were harking back to Survivor Series 94 and all the little fellas. Ross named Dink and Dunk. Dink- correct. Dunk- not. In actual fact, Dunk the Clown was Brian Dixon's version for ASW (for the record, it was Doink, Dink, Wink and Pink, against Lawler, Cheesy, Queesy and Sleezy)...
Just to clarify, the first person to play Doink was indeed Matthew Wade Osborne (aka Big Josh aka Matt Borne).He portrayed the character from its debut in 1992 until he turned face. Steve "Skinner" Keirn played the alternate Doink who used to appear in some heel Doink matches (I have also read a rumour that on occasion Dusty Wolfe served this function too). Osbourne was succeeded by Steve Lombardi (aka the Brooklyn Brawler) who in turn was replaced by some bloke called Ray Licachelli (this was around the time of WrestleMania X). It has been claimed that Licachelli is Phil Apollo but this is incorrect. Licachelli played him until the end of the character's run in 1995 and at the gimmick battle royal at WrestleMania X7. As mentioned Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore played him during the APA bar room brawl at Vengeance 2003 and on the following Smackdown. I'm unsure who played him on Raw the other day.

• Paid Members

Shit I never knew that, and btw what Kennedy's finisher called?

Kennedy himself calls it the Lambaeu Leap which is the actual name for that move.
He should call it the Kennedy Assassination (copyright my housemate).

Kennedy himself calls it the Lambaeu Leap which is the actual name for that move.
Interestingly enough one of the Smackdown recappers on either Insidepulse or 411mania calls it "The Magic Bullet". I've also seen it referred to as "The Lambeau Leap" and "The Slam Pact".

Interestingly enough one of the Smackdown recappers on either Insidepulse or 411mania calls it "The Magic Bullet". I've also seen it referred to as "The Lambeau Leap" and "The Slam Pact".
It's the bloody Kamikaze Crash, and is just a second-rope version of what Kendo Nagasaki was doing 20 years ago. Cool as f**k, mind...

Wasn't the move originally called the "Moon Landing" when Max Moon (Konnan) used to use it in early '93?Obviously he did it from a running start and not from the top rope, but I'm sure I remember him doing it all the same.Am I wrong?

You're not wrong.It was a spectacular move for the time, the only one which was more so was the Frankensteiner.

It's the bloody Kamikaze Crash, and is just a second-rope version of what Kendo Nagasaki was doing 20 years ago. Cool as f**k, mind...
Todd Grisham asked him what his finisher was called on Lockerroom Lowdown.He said it was Lambeau Leap - so that's what WWE are going with at the moment. Edited by PaulJCeler

Is Matt Bentley the formerly known as Michael Shane?I kept reading about Bentley and wasn't sure who he was but I saw a small pic and it looked like Michael Shane, is it him?

Same lad... name change due to the fact that WWE signed the Shane Twins (one of which is a Michael).