The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Does anyone know on which show the September 1st title change happened? Was it on challenge or what? Is it on any Silvervision VHS release?

As far as I know, there's no official tape with the title change on it. However, I believe it happened on Wrestling Challenge, and I saw highlights on Prime Time Wrestling.

On a similar theme - did they ever clear up the Miss Elizabeth centrefold storyline from WM8??

No, it wasn't mentioned again.

• Paid Members

On a similar theme - did they ever clear up the Miss Elizabeth centrefold storyline from WM8??

You may well know this, but shortly after Mania there was an 'expose' in WWF Magazine that showed that Flair had doctored the photos purporting to be of him and Liz together before she was with Savage - they were old photos of Savage & Liz with Flair's head superimposed. Flair had never been with her, so he had never actually had any centrefold photos.Don't know if that stuff ever made it to tv, though.

Guest Gazzmission

You may well know this, but shortly after Mania there was an 'expose' in WWF Magazine that showed that Flair had doctored the photos purporting to be of him and Liz together before she was with Savage - they were old photos of Savage & Liz with Flair's head superimposed. Flair had never been with her, so he had never actually had any centrefold photos.Don't know if that stuff ever made it to tv, though.
That actually now you mention it rings a bell!

• Paid Members

The Flair-Savage title change was taped for and aired on Prime Time. They actually had such a bad match at first that Vince sent word to go to a double-countout. They then came out again later to do the match again, this time with the title change.Though Flair lost the loser-leaves match on Raw, he stayed with the company for a couple of weeks to do a European tour where he was on with Bret Hart every night. These matches were in the 30-35 minute range and RULED.

I've trawled all over the net and found nothing this morning - does anybody have any idea if there's going to be an internet pre-sale for the tickets at bookings direct this time around for the UK TV tapings like there was last time?Because I'm due to go on holiday for for three weeks tomorrow, and I don't want to miss out on the tickets when they go on sale on Saturday....Help? :crazy:

• Paid Members

Does anyone know on which show the September 1st title change happened? Was it on challenge or what? Is it on any Silvervision VHS release?

The match is available on WWF's Year In Review 1992 if you can track that tape down anywhere

The match is available on WWF's Year In Review 1992 if you can track that tape down anywhere
I know someone who has a copy and might be putting it on eBay soon... :smug:

The match is also available on the WWF Colloseum video that is called 'Smack Em Whack Em' (oh dear!)

The match is also available on the WWF Colloseum video that is called 'Smack Em Whack Em' (oh dear!)
The Hart/Flair title match is on that tape. Savage/Flair II isn't.

The Year in Review tapes for 92 and 93 are superb, with many matches that weren't on PPVs. From 94 onwards, they became PPV highlight shows. Gah.A question for people: did Crush and one of LOD tag together extremely briefly following SummerSlam 92? I remember a backstage promo from them, but then both LOD members disappeared.

The Year in Review tapes for 92 and 93 are superb, with many matches that weren't on PPVs. From 94 onwards, they became PPV highlight shows. Gah.A question for people: did Crush and one of LOD tag together extremely briefly following SummerSlam 92? I remember a backstage promo from them, but then both LOD members disappeared.

I believe Animal and Crush were a tag team for a very short period of time.

The Year in Review tapes for 92 and 93 are superb, with many matches that weren't on PPVs.  From 94 onwards, they became PPV highlight shows.  Gah.A question for people:  did Crush and one of LOD tag together extremely briefly following SummerSlam 92?  I remember a backstage promo from them, but then both LOD members disappeared.

I believe Animal and Crush were a tag team for a very short period of time.
The also had a very brief mention in the Lowdown section of WWF Magazine around that time.Nothing else came of it.

Though Flair lost the loser-leaves match on Raw, he stayed with the company for a couple of weeks to do a European tour where he was on with Bret Hart every night. These matches were in the 30-35 minute range and RULED.

Is there any possible way of viewing these matches?Tape traders etc?