FWA Sign TV Deal with TWC

PC316

Guest Satans Goalkeeper

YOU UNGRATEFUL BUNCH OF BASTARDS!!!!WE'RE THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A WRESTLING CHANNEL WITH FREE SHOWS FROM THE BEST AND BIGGEST PROMOTIONS AROUND THE WORLD AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MOAN!!IF I WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SKY I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON AT THE PROSPECTUS OF SHIT LOADS OF FWA MATERIAL AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS CRITIZE.THIS IS REALLY SAD, AND MAKES YOU UKFF'ERS LOOK LIKE A COUPLE SAD PATHETIC INTERNET IDOITS.

No. Chill out mate. Read what everyone else has wrote. Everyone else is right. This is terrible, terrible news. 1 year would be understandable and i dont think it would have evoked a reaction such as this, but FIVE!!!! WTF!!!!?? Wtf are FWA thinking.It's a common known fact that trends usually stay around for about 3 years if they are really lucky. They may take another 3 - 6 years to come back around again. The FWA and that egotisitical jerk Alex Shane have done what is typically FWA all over and actually doesnt surprise me in the least. I just want to add my utter dissapointment with this. It's shown good business dealings on the FWA's part, but what kind of dealings does this show from the TWC? Strange if you ask me. Some questions to consider:- Does TWC really have a 5 yr future?- Have the FWA done this because they are running scared of close competition?- How long will it be before the public and TWC owners become bored of FWA?- How long will it be before we have FWA TV!? I fully understand all about the FWA Unsigned facet of the company, but what does this do? Well it provides UK wrestlers with the chance of wrestling on TWC and for FWA, but what will they have to do to get there? The answer is anything the FWA wants them too. FWA have done what the old WWF did, i just hope it is to their detrement.FWA know that their roster is a tired one and people have seen the same matches over and over again and no one wants to see them AGAIN. So that's why they have this FWA Unsigned facet, so they can poach wrestlers from other promotions and use them - this is fucking crap. And will lead to all sorts of problems for smaller promotions imo.The likes of GPW, wZw i can say first hand the have produced better shows than a great deal of FWA ones i have seen. And as someone else pointed out, GPW already have the facilities and were using the production company that FWA have now! Agreed the wrestling isnt quite there, but it will be, and they already have better ideas, in some cases better personalities, the list goes on and on as to why they like the likes of BCW and SCW should have by no stretch of the imagination be on the outisde looking in!FWA have really really landed on their feet here, and it's going to be them flying the flag for British wrestling!!?? No thanks. Not just them anyway. This is a shitter for all UK promotions, i am gutted for you all.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had other UK feds on there that weren't up to the standard of FWA, they would make themselves look 100 times better, now, they have to be shit hot, while all other UK feds can rely on the spectacle of seeing a show live!

As I said before, British Wrestling as a whole has a MAJOR perception problem with the masses.If an FWA show aired and it was half decent, great. It might change some perceptions and eradicate some skepticism.But if another UK fed was shown, featuring a barely lit arena, complete with a crowd of 50 fans and 'Doink the Clown' in the main event, do you think that would be a good advertisement for British wrestling?

So FWA will be the only UK promotion. I seriously think that is rotten. No competiton = Not as good shows as there could have been, i.e fight for the right to be on the TWC type shows.This is a bad thing.

Tottaly agree with you there

I'm pleased that FWA have been given a slot on The Wrestling Channel. Nevertheless it is clear that in the process of getting on the channel they have shit on the rest of the British wrestling scene. What they are saying is that no-one who can come near thenm for the next five years. FWA got big because fans who watched WWE etc. heard about great shows and went to check out this new British promotion for themselves. The same will happen for the rest of the British promotions not on The Wrestling Channel if they pull their socks up. At the end of the day it once again shows that there is not one big UK wrestling 'family', just various relatively small promotions ewach trying to get one up on the next to be top of the 'HUGE???' British wrestling market.

Just got off the phone to Alex Shane who wishes to address the negative feedback to the announcement made about our deal with the Wrestling Channel.A FULL statement can be expected in 48 hours from Alex however he and the FWA wish to stress that the deal between the FWA and The Wrestling Channel is not designed to hold back any other UK Promotions from putting out their product but in fact the nature of the deal is that the FWA's production standards etc will be used as a benchmark for anyother UK Promotion wishing to have content made available on the Wrestling Channel.Full Details can be expected on the deal but Alex was very keen to stress that the FWA were not going to hold a monopoly over the channel in ANY way however we going to ensure that any british promotion shown on the Wrestling Channel meets or exceeds the standards that will be set by the FWA to uphold the integrity of British Wrestling.He also apologises for the confusion over the earlier press release which when written was decided that that point would get across unfortunately it happens.Thanks for your TimeFWA Online Team

• Paid Members

But if another UK fed was shown, featuring a barely lit arena, complete with a crowd of 50 fans and 'Doink the Clown' in the main event, do you think that would be a good advertisement for British wrestling?

Totally agree with you on that... but what do you actually know about the British scene?Not much, if that's what you think it is...

• Paid Members

Just got off the phone to Alex Shane who wishes to address the negative feedback to the announcement made about our deal with the Wrestling Channel.A FULL statement can be expected in 48 hours from Alex however he and the FWA wish to stress that the deal between the FWA and The Wrestling Channel is not designed to hold back any other UK Promotions from putting out their product but in fact the nature of the deal is that the FWA's production standards etc will be used as a benchmark for anyother UK Promotion wishing to have content made available on the Wrestling Channel.Full Details can be expected on the deal but Alex was very keen to stress that the FWA were not going to hold a monopoly over the channel in ANY way however we going to ensure that any british promotion shown on the Wrestling Channel meets or exceeds the standards that will be set by the FWA to uphold the integrity of British Wrestling.He also apologises for the confusion over the earlier press release which when written was decided that that point would get across unfortunately it happens.Thanks for your TimeFWA Online Team

That's encouraging. Not as encouraging as it would be if the FWA weren't the vanguards of production standards, but it's a glimmer of hope, nonetheless.So, whether this was a climbdown or a misunderstanding, I say "well done".Now how about an open & fair submissions policy? Or am I asking too much? ;)

Well, I am pleased to see this statement made, looking as it does to me like a backdown from the previous release.I can appreciate the application of quality production values, but I would hope TWC would do that for all of their shows and not just the British ones.What concerns me more is that the FWA appeared so out-of-touch with the potential backlash that could potentially occur on a forum filled largely with rabid FWA fans! :omg:

Over the coming year, there are even plans for a fly-on-the-wall documentary series,

I was re-watching the Cornette 2003 shoot today and completely agree with his opinions on this sort of stuff.

as well as sit-down interviews with imported foreign talent.

What was Steve Corino's quote about Alex being a "Dave Meltzer wannabe" ?

• Moderators

re: the impending statement, here's to being called a bunch of ungrateful cunts.Cheers.*clinks glass*

There needs to be an official "ungrateful cunt" t-shirt made.
One that can be turned inside out when the wearer's opinions suddenly change upon being ranted at by their idol.

A FULL statement can be expected in 48 hours from Alex however he and the FWA wish to stress that the deal between the FWA and The Wrestling Channel is not designed to hold back any other UK Promotions from putting out their productAlex was very keen to stress that the FWA were not going to hold a monopoly over the channel in ANY way

Hmm the above two quote segments to me either say "bullshit" or "wow, we really messed up saying EXCLUSIVE FOR FIVE YEARS"

meets or exceeds the standards that will be set by the FWA to uphold the integrity of British Wrestling.

There is a joke about alex shane and standards of integrity in there, cant think what tho. ;)

FWA got big because fans who watched WWE etc. heard about great shows and went to check out this new British promotion for themselves.  The same will happen for the rest of the British promotions not on The Wrestling Channel if they pull their socks up.  At the end of the day it once again shows that there is not one big UK wrestling 'family', just various relatively small promotions ewach trying to get one up on the next to be top of the 'HUGE???' British wrestling market.

Welcome to wrestling. That has been happening in the U.S. for years.Besides, no one forced TWC to do an exclusive deal with FWA.Here's a question for you:What other U.K. promotion has got big before the advent of TWC, apart from FWA?If the answer is 'no other promotion', then why do you think this is?And why do you think these other promotions deserve tv time? Edited by ClassicsGuy

I will look forward to hearing Alex's explanation for the following direct quotes.

The Frontier Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce that on March 4 th 2004, a five-year contract was signed to make the FWA the sole and exclusive UK promotion on the new Wrestling Channel.

Full Details can be expected on the deal but Alex was very keen to stress that the FWA were not going to hold a monopoly over the channel in ANY way however we going to ensure that any british promotion shown on the Wrestling Channel meets or exceeds the standards that will be set by the FWA to uphold the integrity of British Wrestling.

And I hope the explanation isn't just the FWA "Unsigned" thing. Edited by $tew