FWA Sign TV Deal with TWC

PC316

Guest bodybag11

Classic guy I agree mate! Wake up people! This is a BUISNESS! For far to long a handful of old time two bit promoters have tried to pass off a load of crap as"British Wrestling". The FWA have slogged their guts out to get this. If the other promotions were so good how come they didn't get this deal themselves? The truth is the UK really is only going to be big enough for 2 maybe 3 promotions. If your good you will stay around a while..if you aren't then bye!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was before Christmas and was it because they realised they'd left it too late to get a venue for the December show, and had picked a date that clashed with an existing FWA Academy show?

Wrong answer.In a well publicised move, they shut down their business to 'refocus and prepare for 2004'.Come on, this was well known at the time.

wer all siting round waiting for an official Alex Shane press release? When did he become the president of wrestling? Watching Alex mc man squirm his way out of this will be better than

How will this 'setback' the UK wrestling scene?It can only help the UK wrestling scene. UK wrestling on tv = people watcjing it, getting used to = people more inclined to go to UK live shows, regardless of the promotion.

Regardless of the promotion? You really think so?How many thousands of fans go to WWE shows in the UK when they tour? Loads. Why? Because they've got TV exposure for their product and feature stars that are seen on their TV every week.How many of those thousands then go to FWA shows? Not many. Why? Because they're "nobodies" in comparison with no TV show and no national awareness.Just because someone likes watching WWE doesn't immediately mean they'll go and watch an FWA show any more than someone who likes the FWA will go and check out All Star.

UK wrestling as a whole means nothing right now to the masses. So it will only improve UK wrestling's image. It can hardly 'set it back'.

UK wrestling has suffered for many years from being seen as the poor man's WWE.Now, I can see the FWA attempting to shake off that image by producing a good TV show in what one assumes will be a nice prime time slot on TWC (and good for them, by the way) but it still leaves the other promotions still stuck in that shadow. That's my concern - and I hope that concern is addressed by this forthcoming statement.

Classicsguy, you sir are a tit.Not every promotions goal is to get a TV deal, ultimately yes I suppose it is, but often they are content to just tour and do shows.FWA do not show British Wrestling per sae, they show American wrestling done by british people.Whilst I fele there is a slight over reaction to the deal, it is still stepping on the toes of other promotions.I do heart the FWA, but they make themselves out to be something they are not.They are very clever in the way they promote themselves, making their roster seem superior, saying other british workers have to go on lesser shows to prove themselves.Whilst clever from their point of view, to the fuckwits likes Classicsguy and the less up on the UK scene, it undermines other promotions when they use the talent FWA dont, and to be fair, most of this talent who have to prove themselves, are better than the majority of FWAs roster.

Classicsguy, you sir are a tit.

Why, thank you.The old style British Wrestling that you seem to like will be airing - 'ITV World of Sport 1 and 2', two hours a week, Saturdays 3pm till 5pm.bigdaddy.jpgMeanwhile, FWA's product will fit in well alongside CMLL, NOAH, New Japan, MLW, TNA.... etc etc., you know in the 21st century with the other progressive promotions. Edited by ClassicsGuy

Guest rage against the wwe

So, the FWA have signed a 5 year tv deal with TWC. I say good on them :thumbsup: WOOOHOOOO! Finally I can see the likes of Doug Williams, Alex Shane, Ulf & co. on weekly tv shows on TWC :D:cool::thumbsup: * Starts chanting FWA over & over again* :D I wouldnt mind seeing WZW on TWC as well ( hint to the makers of TWC ;) )Right now I'm extactic at the amount of FWA programs we'll have on TWC, this is going to reek of so much awesomeness ~~~~~PS: Please stop the Alex Shane bashing, its not cool :angry:" TWC,TWC,TWC,TWC,TWC!!!"Hopefully the FWA's exposure will not only get them even more popular then they but, will hopefully get the British Wrestling scene more exposure & more people going to shows!RATWWE.

congratulations to the FWAwhat ever the FWA will do will always have people that disagree.Its a tremendous deal and there are other channels for other wrestling feds.people forget it is a business and FWA have to look out for them selves as a business before looking out for anyone else.

So, the FWA have signed a 5 year tv deal with TWC. I say good on them :thumbsup: WOOOHOOOO! Finally I can see the likes of Doug Williams, Alex Shane, Ulf & co. on weekly tv shows on TWC :D:cool::thumbsup:

But you'd get that even if they hadn't signed this exclusive deal.

To be honest, why is this a problem?The demands TWC made to some feds who enquired about getting on the TWC left nobody interested anyway. It's not like all these people were in negotiation stages and Alex ran in, hit em all with a chair, and did a HBK, signing FWA into the WM main event for the next 5 years.And lets be honest, if its around in 5 years, british wrestling will be in a better state due to it. And if it isnt, back to laughing stock we tumble.But, announcing you've just wiped out all chance of seeing internet favorites on TWC, on the internet = stupid stupid move. Fine, make that deal, but dont do a god damn press release on it. It'd be like WWE doing a press release saying "oh we signed up Low Ki, Styles, Ted Hart, Red, Everybody else you like, AND they'll be in OVW for 5 years, enjoy".And to the people who are saying "stop moaning, stop moaning, FWA on tv is excellent" blah blah blah - we've known FWA will be on TWC for a long time. It's the announcement that they'll be the ONLY one on there for the forseeable future that a lot of fans are worried about. It confuses me as to why Gary of wZw is disappointed about it though.