UFC Saudi Arabia: Whittaker vs Aliskerov - Jun 22 šŸ‡øšŸ‡¦

Who wins?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Itā€™s no Fury vs Usyk but weā€™re off to Saudi Arabia again in a few weeks. First ever UFC Saudi showā€¦

IMG_7150.thumb.jpeg.0b18db57cdcfd3e56862829354d4d591.jpeg

ESPN MAIN CARD
Robert Whittaker vs Ikram Aliskerov

Sergei Pavlovich vs Alexander VolkovĀ 

Kelvin Gastelum vs Daniel RodriguezĀ 

Muhammad Naimov vs Melsik Baghdasaryan

Johnny Walker vs Volkan OezdemirĀ 

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMSĀ 
Shara Magomedov vs Joilton Lutterbach

Nasrat Haqparast vs Jared GordonĀ 

Rinat Fakhretdinov vs Nicolas Dalby

Muin Gafurov vs Kyung Ho Kang

Magomed Gadzhiyasulov vs Brendson RibeiroĀ 

Sedriques Dumas vs Denis Tiuliulin

Xiao Long vs Chang Ho LeeĀ - Road To UFC Bantamweight FinalĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Losing Khamzat has obviously hurt this one but I still quite like it. Itā€™s a fairly strong Fight Night card but Whittaker vs Khamzat as headliner was definitely carrying the load. If you remember, the UFC were actually supposed to make their Saudi debut back in March but basically offered up an Apex card and were swiftly told to piss off. Theyā€™ve come back with this and apparently old Turki wants the UFC over there regularly like heā€™s been doing with the big Boxing cards. Can definitely see Islam Makhachev defending the title over there if he gets past Poirier in a few weeks. Interesting times ahead.Ā 

Oh and just a headā€™s up, with this card being in Saudi Arabia, weā€™re getting a lovely UK friendly start time. From what I can tell the main card kicks off at 8pm!

Ā 

IMG_6881.jpeg.1b109d9f6389a87674531b5837374efc.jpeg

Robert Whittaker vs Ikram Aliskerov is our new main event then. Not ideal. Obviously, the original Whittaker vs Khamzat Chimaev fight was much bigger and more interesting. But what can you do? Khamzat just continues to disappoint. When it was announced he was out, Dana described him as being ā€œviolently illā€. Hopefully itā€™s nothing too serious. But man, to get this close to the fight only for him to drop out with a week to go is shite. Donā€™t know what you do with Khamzat at this point. The talk for a while has been that he canā€™t fight in the US due to legal issues. But then they try and have him fight in Saudi Arabia and this happens? Oh well. Like always, the game moves on regardless. And on just over a weekā€™s notice, the UFC have done about as good as they could with the substitution.

IMG_6686.thumb.jpeg.fb05a587441aa7c543ede7b75bf5dd35.jpeg

Gotta say fair play to olā€™ Bobby Knuckles for accepting this last minute replacement. Because letā€™s face it, this matchup does little for him. A risky fight for relatively little reward because Aliskerov is a dangerous fighter but not particularly well known at this stage of his career. In that sense, this reminds me a bit of that Dustin Poirier vs Benoit Saint Denis fight back in March. Whittaker is never far away from title contention and itā€™s likely to stay that way until he significantly declines. Since moving up to 185 back in 2014, heā€™s gone 13-3 with the only losses being the two against Izzy and the surprising (at the time) TKO loss to Du Plessis last year. He rebounded in style beating Paulo Costa in a really fun fight at UFC 298 in February. Add to that wins over Uriah Hall, Derek Brunson, Jacare Souza, Yoel Romero x2, Darren Till, Jared Cannonier, Kelvin Gastelum and Marvin Vettoriā€¦heā€™s easily one of the best Middleweights in UFC history. One of the true good eggs in the sport as well. Impossible to dislike. To use a pro wrestling term, heā€™s as babyface as it gets. The Ricky Steamboat of MMA. Considering we first saw him on the excellent TUF Smashes season way back in 2012, itā€™s easy to forget heā€™s still only 33. Iā€™d love to see him get another crack at the belt but with the current landscape at 185, itā€™s gonna be difficult. Heā€™s 0-2 to Adesanya and already got stopped by DDP fairly recently. Again, credit to him for still taking this fight. He sounded well up for that Khamzat fight and must be gutted. Hopefully he wins this fight and gets back in the title mix.

IMG_6195.thumb.jpeg.673219461cb591ff8e66982b0d6358db.jpeg

Aliskerov was all set to co-main on the Apex card on the 15th against UFC newcomer Antonio Trocoli. To go from that to this is quite a jump but itā€™s also a huge opportunity for him. Too good a chance to pass up. Heā€™s been in camp anyway so conditioning and the weight cut shouldnā€™t be an issue. But itā€™s worth noting this is his third scheduled opponent during this training camp. He was originally supposed to fight Andre Muniz on the 15th, Muniz dropped out so then it was Aliskerov vs Trocoli. Now his fightā€™s been pushed back a week and heā€™s in with a former UFC champion in Whittaker.

IMG_6825.gif.5299e4cab239e1150b58c15a152f06be.gif

Thatā€™s the last time we saw Aliskerov. He bashed up Warlley Alves in about 2 minutes at UFC 294 in October. Before that was his UFC debut and he did the same to Phil Hawes. Heā€™s from Dagestan, 31 years old, a 4 time world champion in Combat Sambo and has a MMA record of 15-1 with 11 not making it to the judges scorecards. The lone loss was by knockout at the hands ofā€¦Khamzat Chimaev. Now heā€™s stepping in replacing him. Funny old game. Iā€™m not sure how good Aliskerov is yet. Havenā€™t seen a ton of footage but from what we have seen he definitely carries fight ending power and he goes for the kill. If nothing else, at least he hasnā€™t been boring yet. Iā€™m not gonna complain about him when thereā€™s so many dullards in the Middleweight division. I expect thisā€™ll be an enjoyable enough fight. Doesnā€™t have the same buzz as the Khamzat fight wouldā€™ve but, as Middleweight main headliners go, this isnā€™t a bad one.

Ā 

IMG_0672.jpeg.323864eb68d06065b6124269c5228f66.jpeg

Sergei Pavlovich vs Alexander Volkov is a bit of a weird one. At face value itā€™s just a run of the mill Heavyweight fight. And not a bad one, to be fair. I feel like Iā€™m always down on the Heavyweights but this is actually a solid fight. Pavlovich is obviously a heavy hitter and going up against a giant of a man in Volkov, itā€™s an interesting clash of styles and physical frames. Itā€™s weird in the fact of the circumstances of how it came about. It definitely wasnā€™t the original plan. Volkov had apparently signed to fight Jailton Almeida at UFC 302 and Pavlovich was reportedly being lined up to fight Ciryl Gane in Paris in September. For whatever reason, the UFC decided to switch things up. Tom Aspinall was talking about it on Helwaniā€™s show recently and said heā€™d heard the UFC announced it without either guy signing a contract. Nothing new there then, but itā€™s always mad when you hear about that shit going on in the biggest MMA promotion in the world. Then you factor in that Pavlovich and Volkov have trained together in the past and you see what Volkovā€™s saying about the fight and it all just feels oddā€¦

ā€œI found out about this fight when it was already announced. The UFC, as I understand it, received a ā€˜yesā€™ from Sergei Pavlovichā€™s team, because they replied that they would agree if I agreed. This card is important for the UFC and Dana White, so few people asked my consent here.ā€

ā€œI had already turned down several fights because I didnā€™t want to fight with my compatriots who I trained with. My limits on refusals in the eyes of the UFC, unfortunately, are gone.ā€ - Alexander Volkov

Doesnā€™t sound like heā€™s too jazzed about this fight, does it? And then when you read his memories of what sparring was like with Pavlovichā€¦

ā€œPavlovich hits very hard. It was very difficult to work with him. I donā€™t think I won a single round against him. After every blow, my legs were giving way. To be honest, when he came to sparring, I tried to stand less with him because I understood that every time he hit, some kind of injury could happen.ā€ - Alexander Volkov

Oh dear. Yeah, heā€™s not sounding up for this. Not sure why they couldnā€™t have just left the original fights with Jailton and Gane intact but, given Ganeā€™s recent antics, Iā€™m guessing he didnā€™t fancy fighting Pavlovich and thatā€™s whatā€™s forced the shuffle. Reading those quotes from Volkov though, it seems like heā€™s already going in with a defeatist mindset. Maybe he rises to the occasion, maybe itā€™s mind games. Fuck knows? But on the surface, it looks like heā€™s already mentally beaten.

IMG_8820.jpeg.7dfa23909fbc05c178de6209f8002daa.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing Big Sergei back in there. Obviously heā€™s coming off that quick knockout loss to Tom Aspinall at MSG in November. In fairness though, that fight was thrown together just a couple of weeks before the show because Jon Jones got injured (surprise, surprise) and got the Stipe Miocic fight cancelled. So neither Pavlovich or Aspinall wouldā€™ve had an actual training camp for that fight. They jumped at the opportunity purely because it was for the interim title and on a huge card. It was worth the gamble so they both just rocked up with no camp and threw bombs at each other. Like a lot of Heavyweight slugfests, it felt very much like a case of whoever lands first. But Sergei tagged Aspinall and got slept with the counters. It was a fun big man shootout for theĀ 1:09Ā it lasted but Sergei ended up flat on his back looking at the lights on the ceiling of MSG. Before that though, heā€™d been a wrecking ball. He was on a 6 fight winning streak in the UFC, with all 6 fights ending by KO/TKO in the first round and had stopped Derrick Lewis, Tai Tuivasa and Curtis Blaydes in his 3 previous fights. Overall heā€™s 19-2 now with 15 first round knockouts. Like any Heavyweight, heā€™s not without flaws. He had a couple of fights go the distance earlier in his career and Iā€™ve read he looked shite in at least one of them. But they were so long ago now. Heā€™s way better than most of the dross in the division. Volkovā€™s coming off 3 wins now and submitted Tuivasa last time out at UFC 293 in September. His size and height would usually make this interesting but if those sparring stories are true (and why would Volkov lie and make himself look bad?), it doesnā€™t sound like Pavlovich had much trouble with that. Yeah, bit of a strange booking really but hopefully itā€™s a good fight.

Ā 

IMG_0673.jpeg.985277761f69b0475f1df92c5abc324f.jpeg

Kelvin Gastelum vs Daniel Rodriguez is OK. Not in love with it but itā€™s not a bad fight. Iā€™m just sort of done with expecting much from Gastelum at this point. It always boggles my mind when I remember how young he still is. Heā€™s only 32 but it genuinely feels like heā€™s a relic from a bygone era these days. The names heā€™s fought is insane and heā€™s had some big wins over the years against the likes of Bisping, Jacare etc. But at just 32, it really feels like heā€™s pretty much shot at the top level. Not that he was ever truly tippy top level but he did have that war with Adesanya and came close to winning at various points. I think that was the fight that sapped whatever was left of his prime though. He was always a bit inconsistent but since that Izzy fight heā€™s gone an abysmal 2-5 and hasnā€™t looked great in any of them. Heā€™s coming into this fight off a submission loss to Sean Brady in December. Still, itā€™ll beĀ nice to see him get to compete on the same card as his twin brother from another (German) motherā€¦

IMG_2973.png.375363ac298f1dbb49dcdc9ccb8dbaba.png

Rodriguez is the older man at 37 but hasnā€™t really taken the punishment Gastelum has or faced as much stiff opposition. Heā€™s 17-4 and his notable wins are over Li Jingliang (whereā€™s he, actually?), Kevin Lee and Tim Means. But even then, the Jingliang win was a split decision that I recall being hotly debated at the time. And Lee and Means were both on the downswing. D-Rod is now coming off back-to-back losses to Neil Magny and Ian Garry, he was finished in both, got brutally headkicked by Garry, and has been out of action just over a year now. Yeah, they might have a decent dust up but they both have the look of fighters on the way out.

Ā 

IMG_8793.jpeg.473a2f9a7c0e91cec28a46e66f9e0885.jpeg

Muhammad Naimov vs Melsik Baghdasaryan. Solid enough. Not getting the nipples hard or anything but itā€™ll do. Naimovā€™s from Tajikistan, 29 years old and 11-2 with 8 finishes. Heā€™s on a 6 fight win streak and has beaten Jamie Mullarkey, Nathaniel Wood and Erik Silva since signing with the UFC last year. I donā€™t really remember his last fight (Silva) but he looked decent in the Mullarkey and Wood fights. Although he was cheating like prime Eddie Guerrero against Wood with the repeated groin strikes and fence/glove grabbing. Baghdasaryan is Armenian, 32 years old and 8-2 with 5 knockouts. Also has a 9-2 Kickboxing record and heā€™s 3-0 in Boxing. Canā€™t say a ton sticks out in the memory about his UFC run so far but heā€™s coming off a points win over Tucker Lutz last July.

Ā 

IMG_0674.jpeg.a035b9fd5da1d17fa922d501e5e09c58.jpeg

Johnny Walker vs Volkan Oezdemir sounds like a potentially hilariously goofy fight to me and Iā€™m all for it. Thereā€™s been a few exceptions but, on the whole, youā€™re usually getting something weird and wonderful out of a Walker fight. Win or lose. This is a man who once knocked his opponent out and then dislocated his own shoulder doing ā€˜The Wormā€™ in his celebration. Heā€™s an absolute loon but the Light Heavyweight division could do with more like him, to be honest. Never gonna be champion, probably never even gonna challenge for UFC gold, but he brings a bit of fun to a division that often lacks it.

IMG_6609.jpeg.d37a42b6a232f49c4cc984d96378b9e4.jpeg

Last time we saw him, it ended like that. He got decked by Magomed Ankalaev in their Apex headliner in January. A rematch of that mad fight in Abu Dhabi last year where Ankalaev caused a No Contest due to an illegal knee to Walkerā€™s head while he was grounded. Ankalaev has mostly been a dullard but Walker just seems to bring out the chaos in fights. Oezdemir should be the ideal opponent for Walker to have a bit of a nutty scrap with. Heā€™s 19-7 and has had a really hot and cold the in the UFC. Easy to forget he actually fought for the title against Daniel Cormier at one point. Heā€™s had some alright wins but has mostly lost when heā€™s stepped up a level. Heavy handed though and heā€™s not afraid to throw them. Heā€™s coming off a first round finish over Bogdan Guskov on the Paris card in September.

Ā 

IMG_9773.jpeg.9a09ae765a8748463815d6d6e0d4f9d5.jpeg

Shara Magomedov vs Joilton Lutterbach isĀ ***WANDā€™S ONE TO WATCH***Ā on this one. Might seem a strange choice but Iā€™m oddly intrigued by this matchup. Magomedov was originally supposed to fight Ihor Potieria here, a fight I was really looking forward to. But Potieria jumped in against Michel Pereira on short notice at UFC 301 in Rio at the start of May, and that was that. Pereira buzzsawed through him quick and choked him out. I think the plan was for Potieria to still fight Magomedov but he got crushed by Pereira in such a way that he wasnā€™t gonna be able to turn around and fight again just weeks later. Magomedov then called out Pereira but thatā€™s obviously not happening now.

IMG_1897.thumb.jpeg.38a6e0d5e8b3c9a170a6e3ff5b916bbd.jpeg

Shara Bullet came into the UFC last year with a fair bit of hype around him. Heā€™s from Dagestan, Russia, just turned 30 in May and so far heā€™s gone undefeatedĀ at 12-0Ā with 10 knockouts, 7 of them coming within the first round. His last fight before signing with the UFC he won by KO in just 8 seconds! Definitely dangerous but largely untested. His first 11 opponents donā€™t even have a Wikipedia page and Iā€™m not sure how good any of them were. But weā€™ll find out soon enough if he can hang with legit opposition. And to be fair, he did alright in his UFC debutā€¦

IMG_9341.gif.93b8eb0b0f6da9417d6720985c0d8260.gif

He took on Bruno Silva at UFC 294 in Abu Dhabi in October. It was an entertaining enough scrap and Shara ended up winning a decision. Silvaā€™s no world beater but heā€™s a tough guy and had gone the distance with Alex Pereira a few fights ago. I recall Shara winning quite comfortably. Although I do also recall his grappling looking very suspect and I came away from that tight feeling like thereā€™d be fun matchups to be had with him against some of the strikers in the Middleweight division, but that ultimately his lack of ground game will let him down and his ceiling probably isnā€™t particularly high. Weā€™ll see, I guess.

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.916bd73d43e640f31af26bf592fbeab0.jpeg

Joilton Lutterbach steps in on about a monthā€™s notice. Never heard of him but Iā€™ve done a bit of digging and he doesnā€™t sound like the worst replacement. Heā€™s Brazilian but fights out of Germany, 31 years old and has a record of 38-9-0-1 with 27 wins inside the distance. So quite a bit of experience. Although, like Shara, a lot of his opposition are unknowns. I say ā€˜a lotā€™ and not ā€˜allā€™ because there are some recognisable names on his record. Most notably, he fought Dricus Du Plessis back in 2019 on a KSW show. DDP won by TKO in the second round. Might have to give that a look before this one. Over the years heā€™s fought in a bunch of different promotions from Shooto Brazil to M-1 Challenge to Cage Warriors to KSW to PFL and most recently Brave CF. Heā€™s coming into this fight on a 4 fight winning streak. Just quickly looking at Lutterbachā€™s record, heā€™s lost to some dodgy opposition so Iā€™m not expecting too much from him. But the amount of fights heā€™s had alone and the experience could make it interesting. If heā€™s got much of a grappling game (and he does have 13 wins via submission), he could prove to be a tricky test for ā€˜The Bulletā€™ here.

Ā 

IMG_0676.jpeg.aa3b73c6b1f07b29ced4b49cea24c6e9.jpeg

Nasrat Haqparast vs Jared Gordon isnā€™t setting the world alight but I donā€™t mind the fight. Theyā€™ve both had very hit and miss UFC stints but theyā€™re both coming into this fight off good wins. Haqparast is still only 28, 16-5 and is now on a 3 fight win streak. He got a first round stoppage over Jamie Mullarkey in a POTN winning showing back in December.Ā Itā€™ll also be nice to see him get to compete on the same card as his twin brother from another (Mexican) motherā€¦

IMG_2973.png.375363ac298f1dbb49dcdc9ccb8dbaba.png

Gordonā€™s 35 now and has a 20-6-0-1 record. Heā€™s been on the UFC roster since 2017 but mostly went under the radar until he got robbed by the judges of his rightful win over Paddy Pimblett in December 2022. Still pisses me off and Iā€™ll continue to recognise that as a win for Gordon. His luck didnā€™t get any better in his next fight, a No Contest due to a clash of heads with Bobby Green, which left Gordon with a concussion. He did manage to end 2023 on a positive note though, getting a first round TKO over Mark Madsen on the MSG card in November. That mustā€™ve been the personal highlight of his career so far, as a New Yorker getting that moment at MSG.

Ā 

IMG_8792.jpeg.0542db07d228141b22a3fbf42e39d1d0.jpeg

Rinat Fakhretdinov vs Nicolas Dalby is a pairing I really like the sound of actually. Fakhretdinov is 21-1-1 now with 17 finishes. He got off to a good start in the UFC, going 3-0, and absolutely smoked Kevin Lee in less than a minute last July. Granted, it was a washed up Lee but if nothing else it was a name on his record that couldā€™ve catapulted him onto bigger things. Itā€™s cooled off slightly though, with him being taken to a draw by Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos on the SĆ£o Paulo card in November. I vaguely recall thinking Rinat won but Zaleski did have a big third round that mightā€™ve forced a 10-8. Regardless, coming straight back against Dalby isnā€™t a step backwards by any means. Dalbyā€™s coming off a TKO win over Gabriel Bonfim in the FOTN on the same SĆ£o Paulo card Rinat last fought on. It was a cracking fight and, for me, Dalbyā€™s best win and overall performance in the UFC to date. Bonfim was undefeated going in, 12 years younger than Dalby and had home field advantage. Great win for Dalby. He also dragged Darren Till to the most entertaining fight of his career back in 2015 on a Dublin card. Looking forward to this. Two hard nosed pitbulls colliding.

Ā 

IMG_8795.jpeg.83d83d33b5a0b9e3e84aeb924a97972d.jpeg

Muin Gafurov vs Kyung Ho Kang. Just filler but whatever. Iā€™ll give it a bash. Gafurovā€™s 27 years old, from Tajikistan and has a record of 18-6 with 17 finishes. Not bad on paper but heā€™s gone 0-2 since signing with the UFC. He lost on points to John Castaneda in his debut last June, then got guillotine choked in just over a minute by Said Nurmagomedov at UFC 294 in October. That Nurmagomedov loss especially was a bad look for Gafurov. From my memory of it he just rushed in and overcommitted to a takedown, left his neck out there and Said was on it like a shot. Kangā€™s 36 and has a 19-10-0-1 record. Heā€™s been in the UFC since 2013 and I can barely remember a thing about his 11 years on the roster. I probably saw most of his fights as well. Heā€™s coming off a decision loss to John Castaneda in November but had won his previous two fights. Meh. Not gonna pretend I give a bollocks about this.

Ā 

IMG_8808.jpeg.0ba6b59035744fdc8ea42ab65ec15c41.jpeg

Magomed Gadzhiyasulov vs Brendson Ribeiro. Not a clue. Never seen Gadzhiyasulov but looking him up on Sherdog, heā€™s from Dagestan, 30 years old and undefeatedĀ at 8-0Ā with 6 first round finishes. Fought in Eagle FC and Brave CF before winning his fight on DWCS back in October. Heā€™s also had a bunch of amateur fights. And Ribeiro, Iā€™ve only seen him once but that was when he got chinned in less than 2 minutes by Zhang Mingyang at UFC 298 in February. Heā€™s 15-6-0-1 and all 15 wins came inside the distance. Going in blind but it sounds like this could be explosive.

Ā 

IMG_6882.jpeg.11ad3da7fa52066e911dfa3fe20c38d3.jpeg

Sedriques Dumas vs Denis Tiuliulin is nothing. Was supposed to be Abu Azaitar against Tiuliulin, a shitty fight in its own right. Azaitarā€™s out and we get fucking mini Greg Hardy in his place. Canā€™t stand Dumas. For one heā€™s a dogshit fighter. Heā€™s 9-2 and has a couple of crappy decision wins over Cody Brundage (another shitarse) and the aforementioned Azaitar (who was coming off a massive layoff at the time). We last saw him in March getting eyepoked and stopped by Nursulton Ruziboev in a round. Usually Iā€™d feel bad for a guy getting poked in the eye but sod this prick.

IMG_9758.jpeg.4a382d5777297dba300ee978ebb599eb.jpeg

Complete arsehole. At least one of these was a domestic violence case as well. Which is why I brought up Greg Hardy. Heā€™s come across as a proper twat in the few bits Iā€™ve seen as well. Just a horrible little cretin. Needless to say Iā€™ll be rooting for Tiuliulin here but heā€™s a bit of a no hoper himself. Heā€™s 36 with a record of 10-9-0-1, is coming off 3 straight losses and was stopped in all of them. Expectations arenā€™t high for this but Iā€™m Team Tiuliulin all the way.

Ā 

IMG_9770.jpeg.3bae38a14627f9a763767eef9bd7687c.jpeg

Xiao Long vs Chang Ho Lee then. Absolutely zero idea on this. Never seen nor heard of either but itā€™s the finals of the Road To UFC Bantamweight tournament. Not sure what exactly that means because the winner and loser will probably be kept around regardless. Maybe the tournament winners come in on a better contract or something. Fuck knows? Anyway, Xiao Longā€™s Chinese, 26 years old and has a 26-7 record with 13 finishes. Nothing jumps out looking at his record but heā€™s coming off 4 wins in a row and he has gone 5 rounds before. Chang Ho Lee is South Korean, 30 years old and 9-1 with 6 finishes. Heā€™s fought in ONE FC and Brave CF and heā€™s stopped his last 3 opponents.

Ā 

Ā 

Thatā€™s UFC Saudi. Danaā€™s turn to tickle Excellent Turkiā€™s taint.

IMG_9206.jpeg.eb4031c2684348232c8b4a98b7b7bdfb.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Few additions to the card and the current bout order. Iā€™ve updated the opening post but this is how itā€™s looking nowā€¦

IMG_0379.thumb.png.f35279a5c9b2bbba857de9423675555b.png

Shara Magomedov finally gets an opponent after the originally booked Ihor Potieria fight got ruined by Michel Pereira squashing him at 301. The other additions and changes arenā€™t anything special but Iā€™m liking this card on the whole.

Start times donā€™t hurt either. 5pm for the prelims? Get in!Ā 

Edited by wandshogun09

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot.... retracted banned word..... believe this what a crippling blow this has turned into for the UFC.

Losing khamzat in a main event so important and anticipated in Saudi ArabiaĀ 

Then the very next week it's looking more likely each day we're losing Conor McGregor

Jesus Christ this one has bummed me so badly out I couldn't wait too see khamzat again unbelievable.

That fighter will now go down in history as the fighter who started on the most impressive debuts in the company id say ever absolutely tearing up the rankings in unreal timing getting so so close to a title shot and I'm convinced he would have won it. To now completely evaporating fighting once in a year or slightly longer completely blown what would have been a unbelievable couple of years within the UFC. Christ I'm feeling this oneĀ 

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC Saudi Arabia: Whittaker vs Aliskerov - Jun 22 šŸ‡øšŸ‡¦
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Done all the updates on the opening post and poll. If you voted before youā€™ll have to vote again. Sick of editing these things now šŸ¤£

Your a star this has now become a full time job for you the sheer amount your having to update and amendĀ 

• Paid Members

Yep. Yet another edit to the opening post. Theyā€™ve decided now to move the Shara Bullet vs Joilton Lutterbach fight from the main card to the prelims, for some reason. 5 fight main card as it stands now but no doubt theyā€™ll shuffle shit up a million times between now and next Saturday.

Oh well, at least weā€™ve got the early start time. Unlike the actual UK card next month.Ā 

IMG_4856.png

• Paid Members

Hadnt considered the early start time, may actually watch this one live.

Got a feeling Aliskerov beata Whittaker, based off nothing other than a hunch. I'll lock him for underdog money.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Got a feeling Aliskerov beata Whittaker, based off nothing other than a hunch. I'll lock him for underdog money.

It has got that feel about it. Itā€™s one of those fights where I feel like Whittaker should win but a combination of the last minute switch of opponent plus Aliskerov being a bit of an unknown entity but carrying power etc. It feels like itā€™s got all the ingredients for the upset. Plus as good as Whittaker is, I hope Iā€™m wrong but thereā€™s a chance he might be starting to slip a bit. He got badly wobbled by Costa last time and was stopped by DDP before that, which wasnā€™t expected at the time. Then add in that itā€™s in Saudi Arabia which is pretty much as good as a home game for Aliskerov, it feels like all the stars are aligning for it to be Aliskerovā€™s breakthrough moment. Whether heā€™s good enough to make the most of it remains to be seen but it does feel like everythingā€™s fallen nicely for him.Ā