Bellator Champions Series

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

A new era for Bellator. Thought i'd let the old thread go and start a new one for this new Championship Series the PFL are keeping together. Can't help but feel this is the promotion of unwanted toys now as a bunch of the Bellator roster has moved into the PFL for the upcoming seasons, and only a couple of up and coming PFL fighters appear on this show, it does feel like leftover fighters. Still, holding a Bellator belt now will lead you into the big Bellator vs. PFL shows so there's a goal beyond the belt now which I think is pretty cool. I'm interested to see if this is basically Bellator with PFL production which would be great, because I think Bellator's production was a big reason why the show wasn't translating well to TV (coupled with the fact that the fights rarely delivered). Hopefully they keep Big John off commentary too. 

The show has been moved to DAZN too, so I guess that means the BBC deal is toast. I'll double check that later in the week though.

This really is standard Bellator Ireland fair, but they were always some of Bellator's best shows. Here's the skinny:

GGTR13nWAAAt4nk.thumb.jpg.a1e521ece5800fbf04212878057aa9b8.jpg

GHmWD7-XgAAsgPg.thumb.jpg.c29e208c347e0023c5ca1c09a321de10.jpg

A lot of the undercard looks like standard Bellator Europe matchmaking, just matching their English and Irish figthers up randomly but lots to like, and a very strong main card. Nice to see them squeeze Pitbull on here after his Saudi cancellation too.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Few fights worth checking out but I can’t be watching Corey Anderson main events.

I don’t keep tabs on Bellator as much these days. Barring the odd show, I think pretty much all my Bellator knowledge comes from @Egg Shen posts on here. Only just twigged that Nate Kelly is the same kid from the Conor McGregor press conference years ago! 

IMG_7242.jpeg

Watching live now jesus Christ I love early fight cards for us they are always so much more enjoyable. 

So far everyone has come to get a finish and it's been a good card so far. Very very excited for the entire card thus far has showed up and been great 

• Paid Members

Watched it up until the Alfie Davis fight then got sidetracked and didn't go back to it, standard. I'll keep the thread alive though just to keep people upto date. 

One note though, they had completely altered the production and got shot of Big John and Josh Thomson which was a huge improvement (though Big John pops up in the Din Thomas role, which he's good at).

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bellator Champions Series