2024 - State Of Women's Wrestling

DavidB6937

I must admit I've never been a huge fan of women's wrestling. I'll dip in and out of it but I've always felt they were rarely given the depth and storylines that the men have been over the years. So I'll bow to the undoubtedly superior knowledge of others on here.

But we're in a really interesting time for women's wrestling right now so thought it'd be interesting to round up a few potential discussion points:

Trinity potentially going back to WWE.

Talks breaking down between WWE/Mercedes Mone so AEW seems more likely now.

Deonna Purrazzo leaving Impact.

Kamille leaving NWA.

Stardom/NJPW Strong star Giulia apparently on WWE's radar.

Runoured working relationships between WWE and Stardom and/or TNA.

Personally I'm not too fussed about Mercedes not going back to WWE. There's not a huge amount there I want to see her do. Give it a few more years and she might have some more new faces to work with from NXT etc.

NXT is actually my favourite women's division recently. They've got a wide range of characters and a lot of potential. Feels like they actually put a lot into the booking of the division.

WWE have Rhea on another level but she often gets dragged into Judgement Day stuff instead. Jade Cargill is waiting in the wings. Charlotte is out for a while so will be interesting to see who steps up. Surely the Damage CTRL split is inevitable and perhaps a Bayley face turn?

Impact/TNA have had a strong reputation for years on their Knockouts division but this could be a year of change for them and it'll be interesting to see how they do with the losses and other companies upping their game.

AEW have struck gold with Toni Storm. Julia Hart has been an unexpected success in developing and Skye Blue is heading there too. Thunder Rosa is back. Mariah May makes her debut this week. And Athena is criminally hidden away in ROH with Billie Starkz. Arguably its looking more positive than ever for the division.

But obviously all we're really waiting for is Jamie Hayter to come back. No missing Wembley this time!

All Elite Wrestling GIF by AEWonTV

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Stardom/NJPW Strong star Giulia apparently on WWE's radar.

I mean, I don't know how anyone feels about spoilers for Stardom (and I think that would be a pretty spurious claim anyway) but - she's sure acted like her future is somewhere other than Stardom recently. Like.... extremely recently. 

11 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Serena Deeb is on her way back too. 

Genuinely worried for a second that she'd passed away.