AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

I'd say if you haven't shaken off your previous employer in two years it might be a you thing. Shades of Spinal Tap going "They were still booing him when we came on stage!". 

It's that hands down the face dance that gets me. Everything else about the presentation I think I could handle if she could somehow stop herself from reverting to it every 2-4 seconds during her entrances. 

She's clearly got the talent and AEW clearly have the booking nous to turn it around. If she sticks around I imagine she'll come through it and be far better off for it.

Edited by The Gaffer

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

For sure, The Elite looking on as a group of real baddies is dead set on destroying their meal ticket and looking conflicted as to what to do was very interesting. Jack Perry is different from the Bucks/Okada who are more comedic smug guys here to fuck around and get big paychecks - Perry is a genuinely nasty and vicious little cunt. Perry eventually joining the BCC and The Elite being pulled into the big fight as babyfaces with a returning Kenny Omega in the mix would be where I would take the story.

The fantasy booking I pitched on my blog was that Moxley runs through everyone currently standing up to him, and The Elite basically sit it out; they can be kept busy with a returning Kenny Omega, Adam Copeland, and whatever other feuds they see fit, so it's not just that they're sat twiddling their thumbs, but have it occasionally brought up that there's a fight for the soul and the future of AEW going on and they're not getting involved.

Once Moxley is basically unbeatable, set up a match between the BCC and a de facto "Team AEW" of babyfaces. But the face team are short one man. They realise that they need someone just as violent and unhinged as Moxley, and that Hangman Page is the only man for the job. But, even though it could get him a shot at the World Title (maybe there's a stipulation that if anyone pins Mox they get a shot, something like that), and the World Title is what started his descent into madness, Page turns them down. He's too far gone, and just sees AEW coming to him for help when they were never there for him when he needed them. But then he has a realisation of what he could get out of this - he agrees to join the team, but only if Swerve Strickland personally confesses that he needs his help. 

Hangman is instrumental in winning that match, but doesn't get the win himself, it's him working as part of a team that helps give the BCC their first significant loss in this story. That starts to dawn on Page - that's what he's needed, he's always been happier and more successful when he has friends, when he's part of a group, not when he's off on his own fighting his own increasingly petty battles. It doesn't happen overnight, but gradually he warms to being more of a babyface again.

Meanwhile, Kenny Omega is feuding with The Elite, and at Revolution, he needs a tag team partner to take on the Young Bucks. Hangman Page steps up, and they cautiously reunite their team, for a Bucks/Hangman & Omega rematch five years after it first took place. That's a match all about "restoring the feeling" and reminding people what we love about AEW, so (potentially) have Moxley drop the title on the same show - probably to Darby Allin, just based on the direction of the story to date - to tie everything up and make for a big feel-good show. The Bucks then turn babyface, reform the classic version of The Elite, and feud with the BCC - who most likely poach Jack Perry away from them, while Okada can stay heel on his own terms.