Invent A Gimmick Match!

air_raid

On 12/11/2023 at 2:58 PM, air_raid said:

It was basically meant to be. They were going to call it a Dungeon match and remove the ropes but the rules were going to be the same - pinfall or submission or lose if you hit the floor.

Card was switched from Bret Hart vs Sid for the big belt, Jarrett vs Benoit for the US title in the triple threat theatre and Filthy Animals vs Revolution including their mystery partner... to what they did. Honestly, it was so awful, it must have been the worst PPV since Starrcade 99.

That's really was a three month stint of the most boring ppvs they ever did. Eve the cruiserweight matches were dull from memory. At least the Russo era had the bat she*t mental stuff and then later on some decent flyer action with 3 Count etc. 16 matches was insane but Sprin Stampede 2000 is a vast improvement as everything moves on so fast, stilloneni enjoy today

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, simonworden said:

At least the Russo era had the bat she*t mental stuff and then later on some decent flyer action with 3 Count etc. 

I stand by that his last PPV before the hiatus, Starrcade, was the worst PPV ever. With a CWT match of Evan Karagias vs Madusa, feuding over the services (apparently) of Nitro Girl Spice. And a series of the worst finishes to PPV matches I ever saw.

7 minutes ago, simonworden said:

16 matches was insane but Sprin Stampede 2000 is a vast improvement as everything moves on so fast, stilloneni enjoy today

That's a guilty pleasure show of mine too. Even bought the tape from Woolies. Then they Arquetted their way back into stupid bullshit that made me stop paying attention again.

19 hours ago, air_raid said:

I stand by that his last PPV before the hiatus, Starrcade, was the worst PPV ever. With a CWT match of Evan Karagias vs Madusa, feuding over the services (apparently) of Nitro Girl Spice. And a series of the worst finishes to PPV matches I ever saw.

Oh I forgot that one, yes that was a wonderful combo of the Russo madness and the dull as anything PPVs to come.