Bellator 292 - Nurmagamedov vs. Henderson (10th Mar)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Some Bellator Lightweight Grand Prix shit for you...

This is Friday so i'll taking this in Saturday evening with a bag of haribo.

Bellator-292-poster-Frontkick-online(1).jpg.23acb5066aa68851e4feb29f3302d683.jpg

Main Card:

Usman Nurmagamedov vs. Benson Henderson - Lightweight Title/Lightweight Grand Prix

Tofiq Musayev vs. Alexander Shabliy - Lightweight Grand Prix

Valentin Moldavsky vs. Linton Vassell

Michael Page vs. Goiti Yamauchi

Prelims:

Julius Anglickas vs. Dovletdzhan Yashimuradov

Khalid Murtazaliev vs. Tony Johnson

Cass Bell vs. Josh Hill

Enrique Barzola vs. Erik Perez

Dupree Stewart vs. Demetri Georgiadis

Theo Haig vs. Adam Wamsley

Laird Anderson vs. Rogelio Luna 

Benson Henderson gets a 3rd crack at a Bellator World Title and 11 years after he won the UFC title. The bookies ain't giving him much of a shot, some places have Nurmagamedov down at a 1/25 favorite which is quite possibly the widest line ever for a high level MMA title, crazy stuff. It's not without reason, Usman is a monster. Still, I think Benson is crafy and savvy enough to make this awkward for Nurmagamedov. I don't think it's gonna be a barnburner but i'm interested to see how it plays out.

Fight i'm looking forward to the most easily is MVP/Yamauchi. MVP is coming off 2 losses (one in MMA, one in Bare Knuckle) and he's fighting one of the most underrated fighters in the sport. What I want to see is how Yamauchi deals with MVP. Sometimes, MVP completely bamboozles a fighter to the point where they freeze and and just don't what to do. I just want to see how a traditionally based life long martial artist deals with that style, great fight!

• Paid Members

Looked up Yamauchi's record. He's due a loss now. His last 16 matches have been more regular than a guy on prunes: 1 loss, 3 wins, 1 loss, 3 wins, 1 loss, 3 wins, 1 loss, 3 wins.

• Paid Members

MVP out there just wrecking careers. That kick to Yamauchi did some serious damage, grim viewing. I was actually gutted because the fight never got going but fucking hell...

I guess the odds were there for Nurmagamedov/Henderson for a reason. Usman smoked him, one way traffic from start to finish. Usman is the real deal. That question mark kick he landed was ridiculous. Benson hung them up afterwards. He was never a fan favorite but the guy had a hell of a career, in terms of cage time i've probably seen as Benson Henderson as any other fighter, bravo to the bloke.

The other Quarter Final was a bit of a dud. Shabily and Musayev danced around each other for a while, everyone boo'd the fuck out of it, then Musayev went down citing a dubious looking low blow and the fight was called. Strange one.