Finding a motor

simonworden

Where better to ask a question like this than the UKFF. Probably lots of places but I like it here.

Heading to the UK  for the first time in years in December and it seems car hire companies want to try and get blood out of a stone with the prices. Thinking it's cheaper to look for alternatives such as buying or anything else that won't cost me a £1500. Any tips on where or how to find a cheap hire or purchase in the UK these days?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, simonworden said:

Where better to ask a question like this than the UKFF. Probably lots of places but I like it here.

Heading to the UK  for the first time in years in December and it seems car hire companies want to try and get blood out of a stone with the prices. Thinking it's cheaper to look for alternatives such as buying or anything else that won't cost me a £1500. Any tips on where or how to find a cheap hire or purchase in the UK these days?

Use a local small independent car/van hire place. They’re no frills and a lot cheaper than your Enterprises etc. I’ve used a few different ones and always found them more pleasant to deal with.

6 hours ago, stumobir said:

Use a local small independent car/van hire place. They’re no frills and a lot cheaper than your Enterprises etc. I’ve used a few different ones and always found them more pleasant to deal with.

Interesting I'll see if I can find one in the Bournemouth area. Buying an older car still seems the cheapest route so long as it doesn't conk out in the 30 days I need it for.